Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview RPG Codex Preview: A peek at Legends of Eisenwald

Modron

Arcane
DeepOcean, it doesn't entirely depend on Steam, it's more about the amount of votes. We are doing reasonably well but without more press it will take us a while to get greenlit. And yes, the range can be very broad, even the previews already show that :) I never heard or experienced anyone on codex being mean trolls - so far we had rather civilized arguments and disagreements. So, maybe this reputation you talk about is a bit exaggerated? Just to keep fps or casual games fans in check :)

I don't even think it really is about votes all that much some of those greenlight projects were not on there very long before they were selected; it really just seems like votes are a spotlight for someone on valve's staff to go in and evaluate for potential release. Mostly Greenlight just seems like a way for them to get people to separate the wheat from the chaff for them without having to pay anyone.

DeepOcean

Arcane
DeepOcean, it doesn't entirely depend on Steam, it's more about the amount of votes. We are doing reasonably well but without more press it will take us a while to get greenlit. And yes, the range can be very broad, even the previews already show that :) I never heard or experienced anyone on codex being mean trolls - so far we had rather civilized arguments and disagreements. So, maybe this reputation you talk about is a bit exaggerated? Just to keep fps or casual games fans in check :)
When Gabe wants someone, no one can say no.:) If you guys manage to get Totalbiscuit and Angry Joe to show your game ( I hate them but they are useful.), Gabe will have so much lust that you can't avoid to be on steam.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Well, we are in top 30 at the moment. From what I saw during the last Greenlight, 9 projects were selected from ahead of us, and one of lower ranking. But that one was an exception and if my guess was right, they just finished a Kickstarter campaign and went straight to Greenlight. In the Greenlight group for devs Valve is saying that they select projects that are liked by the community. Sometimes it's expressed by the total amounts of votes, sometimes by the speed going through the ranking. Anyway, top 10 seems useful in this respect.

As for getting to TB and others - our game is not that ready yet I think to show. I talked to other devs and they all seem to think that it's better to get at least some SFX into the game to make it not only play great but look great too. And our scenario now in beta is probably a bit too long, it's about 4-5 hours of gameplay. We need to make something shorter for the media.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom