Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Preview RPG Codex Preview: Disco Elysium

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Preview consists too much of "i didnt see it in action" "maybe in the second act" "they didnt show me this gameplay mechanic".

I've got faith for this game like a Christian in a Roman coliseum. Let's hope my faith doesn't meet the same ends. Everything I've read about this game appears phenomenal.

Tigranes

Arcane
Preview consists too much of "i didnt see it in action" "maybe in the second act" "they didnt show me this gameplay mechanic".

Would you like me to pretend that the 60 minutes of the game I saw allows me to declare it the greatest arr pee gee since Oblivion, like a real game journalist?

I mean, I could, but no voluptuous lady knocked on my door that night sporting packs of doritos bursting at the seams, so I am not pleased

nobre

Cipher
Sounds like something Slavoj Zizek would play

You're right, but he's thinking about jumping off the bandwagon because of the infamous renaming incident. This is a direct quote:

Communism ain't free. The Tree of Equality and Freedom gotta be littered with the blood of reactionaries and Estonian ?game devs?. Infinitron is not my news poster, he is filthy shill and probably Dorito muncher as well :DD No Truce with the Furies, NOT Disco Elysium okay. Praise Marx.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Would you like me to pretend that the 60 minutes of the game I saw allows me to declare it the greatest arr pee gee since Oblivion, like a real game journalist?

I mean, I could, but no voluptuous lady knocked on my door that night sporting packs of doritos bursting at the seams, so I am not pleased

THEY BOUGHT YOU COFFEE!

Tigranes

Arcane
One thing I forgot:

You can zoom out really fucking far in this game. Like, local map screen of Baldur's Gate level far

grimace

Arcane
Looks like hipster: the RPG

“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

Deleted Member 22431

Tigranes said:
And yes, they've heard of Age of Decadence.
In one of his first posts in this site, Kasparov was accusing Vault Dweller of ignoring what real fun is, complaining about gated content, etc. Dude has being vomiting arrogance for a while now. It will be a delicious irony if his game end up being accused of the same thing.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tigranes Was pregame character creation as simple as you describe? "You pick 4 numbers" and that's it? Or did you not go through the creation process?

Deleted Member 22431

It's the kind of game you have to be arrogant AF to even attempt. If you don't believe that you're firing the first shots of the world revolution, you'll curl up into a little ball of insecurity and wither away.
You are confusing ambition and vision with self-indulgent pretentiousness and hubris.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigranes

Arcane
Tigranes Was pregame character creation as simple as you describe? "You pick 4 numbers" and that's it? Or did you not go through the creation process?

You play a drunk loser struggling to wake up, so you arent sitting there rerolling oblivionfaces or anything. You pick attribs and initial skill investments, get a bit of dialogue, and then you're in. My sense is that the character building is meant to happen throughout, not at start

i dont know how the rest of za/um thinks about aod (kasparov is one guy), but i think they understand what we do about numenera.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You play a drunk loser struggling to wake up, so you arent sitting there rerolling oblivionfaces or anything. You pick attribs and initial skill investments, get a bit of dialogue, and then you're in. My sense is that the character building is meant to happen throughout, not at start
Just wanted to know if there was more to it - more isn't always better. :)

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom