Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial RPG Codex Report: PAX East 2015, or How Chris Avellone Called the Codex Unprofessional

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
mindx2 that was brotastic.

:incline:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Great job mindx2, and thanks for smuggling him in to Pax Aterdux Entertainment (and also thanks for the interview – Eisenwald is looking better and better).

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Really good interview and all that good stuff! Loving the read.

Not tryin' to be a dick, but I was wondering if the obsidian people were being extra nice to him, only because he's a cripple.

Hope not.

Deleted member 7219

Not tryin' to be a dick, but I was wondering if the obsidian people were being extra nice to him, only because he's a cripple.

Hope not.

More like the fact that the Codex gave a lot of money to the Kickstarter and has shown nothing but support (with plenty of constructive criticism) for them ever since MotB.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Excellent read, well worth the wait!

I told you guys that Obsidian reads the posts here. I really love those guys. mindx2 can probably confirm if I am off on this, but don't they just seem down to earth and fun? I enjoy every moment of hanging out with Chris, Adam and all the rest. I probably bother Tim Cain a LOT because he has created so many of my favorite games and he has a wealth of fantastic anecdotes and wisdom at the ready. He keeps talking about that when he retires he's going to write a game industry tell all.

mindx2 you deserve :bro: x 100

...and yeah, every now and then I get a talking to about something I've posted here. Oh well, I try to keep it honest and professional.

Athelas

Arcane
No, it's a character to have fun with in a Single Player Game.
A game where stats still behave in a way that makes sense (if not always in an impactful way) and doesn't break logic AND immersion.
I did play with a high cha Figther and had lots of fun.
Uh, he was talking about Baldur's Gate. If you had lots of fun with that character specifically because of their high charisma, it's because you were LARPing.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Hope not.

More like the fact that the Codex gave a lot of money to the Kickstarter and has shown nothing but support (with plenty of constructive criticism) for them ever since MotB.
I just thought they were being nice because of my fedora... :smug:

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer

Hope not.

Nah, they are like this AAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the time. They are the nicest guys.

plus you guys have delicious monies.

polo

Magister

Hope not.

I just thought they were being nice because of my fedora... :smug:
No doubt, i mean there is a picture of Chris trying to abuse your body.
Great job man!

Oh also, reported for brofiste harvesting.
:troll:

Murk

Arcane
Very good choice of hat, sir, many fists to you m'bro

also

I think if it’s a non-viable build than that’s garbage, like it just doesn’t feel good. I think that if you want to build a sub-par character that’s ok but I think it’s about a certain gulf like… for example, if you build an 18 charisma fighter in Baldur’s Gate you just built a shitty fighter. That’s just a bad fighter...

*snip*

Actually, I had beef with that bit in the interview too... but for a different reason.

THEN YOU BASTARDS! IT'S THEN, NOT THAN, BUT THEN!

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Hope not.

Nah, they are like this AAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the time. They are the nicest guys.

plus you guys have delicious monies.

I wonder what all the SJWs would be screaming on Twitter if I had included the "no leg room on the plane" jokes they were all laughing at... :lol:

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer

Really?

Obsidian developers are great guys who have the same passion we do (even if occasionally they make games like Dungeon Siege 3 and the South Park). They did a lot of great interviews with the Codex and ITS. Plus Avellone and Sawyer even played AoD (and Sawyer was kind enough to look at my design scribblings years ago and give me some tips).

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Excellent article. Will have to respond more in-depth later. Though I couldn't help replying to this:

Frozen Synapse is an RPG?

the player assumes the role of a tactical commander assisting a resistance faction in a struggle against a corporate government regime

*Not sure if serious, or being trolled*

Anyway! I super enjoyed reading this interview. Not even gonna lie--I am slightly jealous that you got to hang out with the Obsidian guys. It is my fond wish to chill with Chris Avellone someday.

Deleted member 7219

Really?

Obsidian developers are great guys who have the same passion we do (even if occasionally they make games like Dungeon Siege 3 and the South Park). They did a lot of great interviews with the Codex and ITS. Plus Avellone and Sawyer even played AoD (and Sawyer was kind enough to look at my design scribblings years ago and give me some tips).

Sawyer will be lead designer on AoD 2. Heard it here first.

:smug:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I’ve been at Disney at night when it was practically deserted, and it's downright creepy with all the animatronic characters shut down and dark shadows everywhere

Five Nights at the Disneyworld ? :troll:

While everyone else reached under their seats, I just sat there, not even trying to attempt the gymnastics that would be required to look under my seat. Chris noticed this and jumped down from the stage to help me. My heart fluttered for a moment when he told me that he couldn’t find the box. He then told me to wait a moment, ran to the back of the stage and returned with two boxes, which he gave to me. It wasn’t until later that night that I opened them and found that one of them contained David’s business card

:drink:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom