Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial RPG Codex Report: PAX East 2015, or How Chris Avellone Called the Codex Unprofessional

Diablo169

Arcane
How dare he not remember internet bullshit correctly!

:shunthenonbeliever:

Tigranes

Arcane
Cool stuff, well done mindx2. I'll forgive you for butchering my question :(

Pillars multiple expansions first confirmed here as well.

hiver

Problem: The Codex didn't exist when Fallout 2 was released.

I wonder what game he actually meant, or maybe he meant another forum.

This is Tim Cain we're talking about right? He probably meant one of the Troika games like Arcanum, TOEE or Bloodlines. There was a lot of chatter on the Codex when they came out.

No, MCA. Read the interview dude

Sorry, yeah I read it twice but forgot. I'm tired. I'm surprised MCA sad that considering how well he knows us. If you look at his old posts you'll find he came on here trying to defend something but didn't stay very long. In his head, it was Fallout 2.

Codex formed on Interplay boards long before it became codex for the masses in this form.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah, remember it was the Interplay forums that made Josh melt down spectacularly while making Van Buren.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Awesome interviews. I spent 1+ hours reading this instead of sleeping. I didn't know before this article you are like you are. And the jerks that asked you all the time when is the article done. You should have told them "It is done when it is fucking done!"

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, remember it was the Interplay forums that made Josh melt down spectacularly while making Van Buren.

No Mutants Allowed was also a pretty 'hot' place back then.

Anyway, GREAT article! Paging Crooked Bee with some corrections:

'Carmaggedon' is actually Carmageddon.

Both 'expected' should be 'expecting', right?

There was another one but I didn't write it down at the time and can't find it now. Oh well.

Koschey

Arcane
:brodex:

:5/5:, would read again.

I guess a 'Prestigious Reporter' tag for representing this prestigious magazine would be only fitting. It's the hat, I think.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Great interview/article.

Some slimeball at PAX obviously stole the box from under your seat at the PoE presentation :negative: You should start a Patreon.

Shevek

Arcane
Fantastic article. This is easily the best piece of press about PoE on the net.

Viata

Arcane
That was a fun read. It's seems like mindx2 had the best day than any person in that place. I'm quite jealous. Mostly of MCA almost kissing you.
Kickstater was a good thing for Obsidian. They can balance things better now.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nice read.

You should have asked Avellone about his botched Arcanum play-through, and analyze Tim Cain's reaction and response. :)
There will be no other chance like this ever.

Mustawd

Josh: I hope not. I want to make a turn-based game. I really want to make a turn-based game.

Josh: I hope not. I want to make a turn-based game. I really want to make a turn-based game.

Note: The text size personifies the RPG erection I'm getting as a result of this sentence.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
And here I thought Chris was going to say Mount and Blade or Sunless Sea, no.... El Diablo 3. I should nt judge so much after all I did get my crusader to level 100 paragon and I still have no idea how I got there, its all a blur, kinda like meditating while playing slot machines.

imweasel

Thanks for the great read, Mindx2! :brodex::bro:

[...]
Note: The text size personifies the RPG erection I'm getting as a result of this sentence.
Fine by me as long as Sawyer isn't project lead. :smug:

Tim: I still read, I still read the Codex. I’ve been reading it ever since it was created. It remains one of the more… possibly the most… passionate, that’s a good adjective… passionate…
Hmmm.....

Dear Tim, stop playing Bethesda's god awful horseshit. It is polluting your beautiful mind.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The clear sign the decline had been finally slayed and the RPG Reneissance had triumphed!

Now, let's not be too hasty. PoE still has to be released first :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom