Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Review RPG Codex Review: Expeditions: Conquistador

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by Grunker, Jun 6, 2013.

1. villain of the story Arcane

villain of the story
    MCA
    Stop being a woman.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  2. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  3. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

You posted a review on the Codex and was surprised at retarded criticism? Jesus Christ, talk about warped expectaions. Maybe you should do like your bro J_C.

Thanks for making me laugh though:

Hysteria in mah Codex, these days.

^ Top  
  4. Deuce Traveler Prestigious Gentleman 2012 Newfag Patron

Deuce Traveler
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    You're trolling right? I mean, you read the full review and what that 2/10 actually means.:roll:

^ Top  
  5. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yes, he's trolling.

Yuri, however, is not. :popcorn:

^ Top  
  6. Brotherman Bill Arcane

Brotherman Bill
    Rex is that you?

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  7. Avonaeon Logic Artists Developer

Avonaeon
    We did? I don't remember taking out any abilities in the game.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. LundB Mistakes were made.

LundB
    I have evidence that indicates the contrary.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. SCO Arcane In My Safe Space

SCO
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Majestic thread

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    Take it down. I withdraw your right to use any of my reviews on the RPG Codex. You have some nerve thinking you can use my review.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Scruffy The janitor Patron

Scruffy
    Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014

Come on man, don’t take it that way. You put stuff out in public, and the public responds. If you only expect positive response, you’re in a bubble of unreality. There’s always the bitter cunt, the ignorant fag and the cum guzzling fanboy who’ll take everything including the shit and will ask for more, and everything in-between.
    You played the game and thought X of it. The codex is an angry bunch and feels you left the bad outside and only described the good. Take it as a valid criticism and maybe next time encompass a more extensive view, or simply answer that to you the “bad” was so little to the point of being irrelevant and not ruining your gaming experience.
    I mean, Arcanum was a bugfest and even the character creation system – oh so praised – was mostly filler shit (bully: you were a bully, so +1 str -1 int WOW WHAT AN AMAZING SYSTEM) but it doesn’t detract from a great gaming experience. Just stand by your opinion and either defend it or accept that maybe you went a bit too soft on the negative side. Either way, don’t take it personally man. This is not the right place to take stuff personally.

:retarded:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. RedScum Arbiter Patron

RedScum
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
    :bravo:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. LundB Mistakes were made.

LundB
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Scruffy The janitor Patron

Scruffy
    Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  15. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I realize you think you're mastah trollin' bro, but it's evident there's butthurt here. Take it like a man instead of rapin' your own review thread with trolls that only turn the thread into more sucky drama.

^ Top  
  16. EG Nullified

EG
    With the way this site seems to break peoples' minds?

He's serious.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  17. Alex_Steel Arcane Patron

Alex_Steel
    It was a well-written review, ironyuri. :brodex:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    Full disclosure, here's Grunker leading up to putting the review up:

As editor, if Grunker considered there to be glaring flaws in the game omitted from the review, it was his responsibility to raise them prior to posting. But since this is the Codex apparently its content staff Crooked Bee who gives non-RPG reviews a bee-line to the frontpage (Mark of the Ninja), Grunker whose editorial oversight is down to harvesting brofists for posting a review and not actually performing the role of editor, and JarlFrank who posted his own inane views on Dishonored.

Full disclosure (since it seems to be so popular with Infinitron and Grunker in forums other people can't see) here's the PM convo Grunker and I shared about a page or so back:

Grunker quotes my Baldur's Gate sentence followed by the "lack imagination" one.

So, here we have it. Grunker, just as in the Fallout thread proves that the RPGCodex isn't the Codex of Fallout 1 and Arcanum, but Baldur's Gate and pretending to play Wizardry.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Hoodoo It gets passed around. Dumbfuck

Hoodoo
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  20. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Well then.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Overboard Arcane

Overboard
    May I recommend some soothing cream for what is clearly a case of :butthurt:?

Grunker doesn't represent the entire Codex, much as you would like to paint it that way. It is somewhat jarring that your review either glosses over or fails to mention entirely the negatives that have been repeatedly mentioned by various posters thus far.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. IDtenT Contact me for a good time Patron

IDtenT
    Divinity: Original Sin
    :dance:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. ghostdog Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

ghostdog
  24. Bruticis Guest

Bruticis
    Incoming wall of shit posters with single image posts.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)