Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Get your sticking paws off Thomas Mann, you damn dirty apes!
Trust me, neither me nor any other sane person would touch that guy or his "work".
It takes a special kind of pseudo-intellectuality to derive any enjoyment from reading stories that should have been written on 10 pages stretched to entire books, filled with ... well, actually, with the writing equivalent of filler combat.
I had to go into anger management therapy after reading as I couldn't stop slamming my head against the wall, shouting "GET TO THE FUCKING POINT".

It takes great strength not to fall into the same pattern again and I shudder when thinking that there are still kids out there being tortured with that worthless trash, proclaimed by old-age hipsters as some kind of "world literature". Required reading in grammar schools - no wonder the language of incline is not spreading as fast as it should!

There is more worthwhile content in a Goosebumps novel.

Last edited:

Diggfinger

Arcane
Matt Chat on Grimoire:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kr_Tf5snlY&t=329s

Likes the game, fits the "as you remember but better" description in several ways.
Mentions magic being weak/unpredictable.

Btw. what's that funny baby yelling "incline!" loading screen - is that a Codex reference?

- Digg

*update*
Seems Cleve might be on upcoming Matt Chat - could be interesting!

Last edited:

Trashos

Arcane
Trust me, neither me nor any other sane person would touch that guy or his "work".
It takes a special kind of pseudo-intellectuality to derive any enjoyment from reading stories that should have been written on 10 pages stretched to entire books, filled with ... well, actually, with the writing equivalent of filler combat.
I had to go into anger management therapy after reading as I couldn't stop slamming my head against the wall, shouting "GET TO THE FUCKING POINT".

It takes great strength not to fall into the same pattern again and I shudder when thinking that there are still kids out there being tortured with that worthless trash, proclaimed by old-age hipsters as some kind of "world literature". Required reading in grammar schools - no wonder the language of incline is not spreading as fast as it should!

There is more worthwhile content in a Goosebumps novel.

As in many good philosophical novels, the point is yours to make. Do not expect the writers who push the boundaries of human thought to be "to the point". Often there is no point they are trying to make, there are unknown points they are trying to approach.

Next you 'll be asking for quest marks in rpgs.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As in many good philosophical novels, the point is yours to make. Do not expect the writers who push the boundaries of human thought to be "to the point". Often there is no point they are trying to make, there are unknown points they are trying to approach.
The boundaries of human thought? Oh boy, you are full of it. As are all those "authors", I figure :lol:
There is this incredible need among a few academics (and some that would like to be academics) to make everything appear incredibly complex and needlessly convoluted - just so they can appear somewhat clever to themselves and their peers. This hasn't changed at all since Mann's time - or ever, I guess.

There is never a point in wasting anyone's time. Kafka, for example, wastes far less time on utterly pointless drivel. It's not like philosophy (or any topic) somehow forces you to avoid "getting to the point".
No, the need to dance around an issue is a purely self-inflicted "passion" of wannabe-intellectuals. Like Mann.

We should really discuss what the pretentious button would actually look like. Might be a challenge to depict that in a simple icon.

Last edited:

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
I do not support button inflation.

Bring back old brofists.

Also, WTF, Durendal Bard no longer starts with Music skill????

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is never a point in wasting anyone's time. Kafka, for example, wastes far less time on utterly pointless drivel. It's not like philosophy (or any topic) somehow forces you to avoid "getting to the point".
No, the need to dance around an issue is a purely self-inflicted "passion" of wannabe-intellectuals. Like Mann.

Trashos

Arcane
The boundaries of human thought? Oh boy, you are full of it. As are all those "authors", I figure :lol:
There is this incredible need among a few academics (and some that would like to be academics) to make everything appear incredibly complex and needlessly convoluted - just so they can appear somewhat clever to themselves and their peers. This hasn't changed at all since Mann's time - or ever, I guess.

We should really discuss what the pretentious button would actually look like. Might be a challenge to depict that in a simple icon.

I love Kafka, btw, he is one of my top 2 authors. His writing style is simpler, but we are still discussing what the fuck his books mean, don't we?
Things ARE incredibly convoluted, although we usually bypass that for practical reasons. We may have sent robots to Mars, but we don't know much about how the human brain works. We go on with our daily lives like it's the simplest thing, while each electron in our body exists concurrently at various locations according to quantum mechanics.

We don't really understand much, and in such a state there are several ways to approach the unknown. Kafka has his way, Mann has his own.

Dorateen

Arcane

Bring back old brofists.

Cleve fucked up the tables. It should be back in the new update today.

I would suggest for someone who is anxious to start with a new party, they could roll back to the 1.2.0.25 version. (It's documents somewhere on Steam how to re-install the previous versions.) Get the proper skills for their characters, and then update to 1.2.0.26

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath

Bring back old brofists.

Cleve fucked up the tables. It should be back in the new update today.

I would suggest for someone who is anxious to start with a new party, they could roll back to the 1.2.0.25 version. (It's documents somewhere on Steam how to re-install the previous versions.) Get the proper skills for their characters, and then update to 1.2.0.26

Why? it will be fixed Today™ so no need.

Iznaliu

Arbiter

Could you potentially edit the tables somehow?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It is a genuine oldschool game, the majority of 'dex are poseurs who won't touch a "classic" cRPG even with a stick. The few of us who actually played the game have probably said all we have to say about it.

Such is life.

Diggfinger

Arcane
The interest for this game seems to have died off fairly quickly on the Codex

Im stuck between being excited to play and afraid of getting my ass kicked trying out what is obviously a really old-school game...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom