Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Long Live the Queen

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
If you didn't complain when the codex reviewed thief and dishonored you have no grounds to complain about this

TripJack

Hedonist
If you didn't complain when the codex reviewed thief and dishonored you have no grounds to complain about this
bro shitty console games like thiaf and dishonored are about 1000x better than this japo garbage

papillon

Hanako Games
Developer
(Insert generic plug to read the CRPG addict's blog, since I clearly still fail at posting here and should really get back to work.)

... And I ditto the request for someone to review Legions of Ashworld, since I'm trying to decide whether I want to play that.

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Codex drama aside, I think this is the most polished and well-presented, but also the most limited of all Princess Maker clones.

Even Hanako games previous titles like Cute Knight were more interesting (if unbalanced and chaotic as fuck). Removing the combat & exploration was a big let down for me...

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Codex drama aside, I think this is the most polished and well-presented, but also the most limited of all Princess Maker clones.

Even Hanako games previous titles like Cute Knight were more interesting (if unbalanced and chaotic as fuck). Removing the combat & exploration was a big let down for me...

Are there any JRPG's in this vein that have combat and exploration that are less.... 'kawaii', you'd recommend Felipepepe?

oscar

Arcane
I'd say this is worth a go if it's on sale.

The very broad varieties of skills are both a blessing and a curse as you can very easily die due to lacking a skill or combination of skills that you'd have no way in hell of guessing that you would ever need. Ironically I think this is the opposite design problem of AoD where playing a hybrid or jack-of-all-trades type effectively cripples you*

*disclaimer: I've only played the combat demo (I want to play the full game relatively virgin) so am basing this on what I've heard and what Vince himself has said

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I always like it when degenerate fans of a smut genre say the thing they like is a 'parody' of something, you know like when slavemaker is a 'parody' of princess maker (itself quite culturally degenerate). Quaint memetic holdovers of the hollywood code era, kinda true from a minor perspective, completely irrelevant.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
I'm not sure a lethal Princess Simulator 2 was such a good idea. noble effort, though. neat idea, even if it doesn't sound like it was executed all that well.

one day there will be a thread where the Codex recognizes that definitions are relative and it is not necessary to argue about what is and is not an "RPG"

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Are there any JRPG's in this vein that have combat and exploration that are less.... 'kawaii', you'd recommend Felipepepe?
None of the clones ever came close to the glory of Princess Maker 2. It's truly a fantastic game that everyone should play.

img-13.png

:hmmm:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom