Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Torment: Tides of Numenera

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Do they get paid? Because I am not, so maybe I should PM DU about my payment?
It's tricky getting paid. And be advised, DU pays only in parrots or butthurt, so it's a gamble. But be wise about it, and you can make 1 million in a week, just like me!

If you want tips and tricks, PM me and we'll discuss the details.
It would be tricky to buy bread or pay the bills using imaginary bullshit. You see I am a materialistic guy.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It would be tricky to buy bread or pay the bills using imaginary bullshit. You see I am a materialistic guy.
I can rate you with a top hat monocled parrot though. He's so great and special and noble he doesn't fit in the button box. Who cares about bread or bills when you can do that?

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
I can rate you with a top hat monocled parrot though. He's so great and special and noble he doesn't fit in the button box. Who cares about bread or bills when you can do that?
An achievement definitely worth bragging about. Well you know that I view the buttons as "mooning" and my stomach cares about bread THIS MUCH!

ArchAngel

Arcane

Dorok
Again RPGCodex trying destroy a PC RPG?

We got right the same thing for Tyranny, I easily destroyed to death the RPGCodex writer because his review was a total absurdity with a list of complain of stuff he expected and didn't get. Stupid and very typical Codex stupidity, they tend review what they imagined, sigh.

I wonder what this community is trying to do.

(...)

The biggest let-down, however, is the writing. Really? Where the RPGCodex review of pillars of eternity.

So here is RPGCodex writing of PoE is better than witting of T:ToN.

LOL what the clowns, I can't believe one second they really find PoE writting better or less worse.

To write such total absurdity it's clearly pure manipulation.

(...)

Why not? it's enough to know it's pretty stupid to find nothing good in the game.

i don't understand how RPGCodex felipepepe reviewer can be so stupid to not say anything positive about the game. It's just showing total lack of objectivity, it's some ragequit review, lame and pointless.

It's worse he shows how incompetent he is, naive and guided and blinded by some pointless hate.

One more total crap RPGCodex review.

Genghis Chron
Pretty much. These are the people who think Mass Effect isn't even an RPG.

Dorok

I don't apologize, I don't know how it works, but I doubt everything is published as an RPGCodex Review, I even forgive more Prime Junta, he let his emotions lead and wrote one of the stupidest and most naive review I ever seen.

But have decide publish it as an official review of the forum is much worse, a little bit of reading should have make obvious the idiot thing was this writing.

Or felipepepe hates Prime Junta and played him a nasty twist, it's the only valid explanation, at least one wouldn't be an idiot.

These comments are giving me metastasis. I don't even.
This Dorok guy is well known Steam autist. He shows up all over the Steam and always has barely readable posts talking about random autistic bullshit that only he/she/it finds a problem with.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Dorok

I don't apologize, I don't know how it works...
This Dorok guy is well known Steam autist. He shows up all over the Steam and always has barely readable posts talking about random autistic bullshit that only he/she/it finds a problem with.
Lost twin brother?(his name is close to stupid/idiot in russian)

trump-twitter.png

Personally I find it simpler to defend cRPGs written for people with an IQ above 50 and attack the ones written for (full) retards. Or just criticize bad games and honor the good ones. Since most games are shit targeted at LCD consoletards I tend to agree with the Codexian position of hating almost every new game that comes out. Unfortunately a lot of gamers who enjoy modern Bioware and Bethesda games are with us now destroying the codex from within. It really makes me want to retreat to the days when the official Codexian position was that if the game did not have turn based combat it was not worth even talking about. Even BG2 used to get skewered for its 'real time' combat even though with autopause fully engaged it played quite differently from the true real time games that Bethesda was so fond of making. I do think it's fair to say that if a game doesn't have TB combat then the combat it does have is very very likely to be shit, but obviously just because a game does have TB is no guarantee that it won't suck.

RTwP vs. TB isn't as important as some like to think.

Agree!

It's all about the implementation.

A well-developed RTWP combat system can be better than a mediocre TB system.

And vice versa of-course...

By the way, maybe it's just me, but it's seems that it is more difficult to execute a good TB system than a RTWP system...

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Incidentally, my theory would also explain Kevin's sudden departure. After a mishap of such magnitude you're gonna lose your Project Director job no matter who you are.

I think he was fired due to philosophical differences with the management. He shared some of VD’s ideas about character building, and would probably push for a more punishing game. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the one responsible for the player being able to die in the intro. Fargo got fed up with it and fired him. I also think that if those Glassdoor reviews are to be taken seriously, even as old as they are, then we should expect a lot of gossip, prima donna complex and backstabbing on a daily basis.

Darkzone

Arcane
By the way, maybe it's just me, but it's seems that it is more difficult to execute a good TB system than a RTWP system...
Depends. In most cases in an RTWP, the developers let only lose the enemies on player, without any refined tactic. But as we see this also happens in an TB system. A good TB and RTWP could technically behave the same concerning the tactics, just made with other means.

tormund

Arcane
Dorok

trump-twitter.png
So you're a gopnik. Who would've guessed...

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I have defend a fucking storyfag game because of all the console baboons and Asian game children on this site who seem to control and run everything.

Also, I am not roqua. I am sure he is a super handsome guy with a huge penis and the mind of a truly gifted genius who is always right about everything but I am not him. Ask the staff. There is absolutely no connection between accounts.

YES!, why do you keep bringing up Asian games? I do not see the relevancy here. Are you referring to a different website? Who hurt you?

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Dorok

So you're a gopnik. Who would've guessed...

Edit. Ha ha. No. I am not a Slav and I speak 4 languages. One of them is Russian, but that's about it.
How many languages do you know pleb?

Last edited:

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Just stumbled upon this while reading Steam reviews:
with enough funding for that shiny new Ferrari

:hmmm:

Any investigative reporters among us with enough courage to break into Fargo's luxury garage?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Review feels like all bile but no actual bite. It just scrolls over topics it brings up. Making a non-spoiler review about a game where narrative is it's main gameplay was and always will be a mistake. Put it at the end of the article with a big warning sign, but you must do it. It's why Undertale review, for example, could never stand to scrutiny, since it was all "you must play it yourself to see it". That's not a review, not an analysis.

However, I think that making a proper review of a game like TToN would be the same as pointing out mistakes in writing and teaching how to actually write. Not only it would require lots of skill, but it's something you should get paid money for by developer, heh.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom