Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex Top 70 PC RPGs (Now with User Reviews!)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
BTW, I hope that EVERYONE is clicking on those banners to see the high-res screenshots.

I did. I wanted to see if you might include the screenshots of Wiz VI that had the Amazon BOOBIES. OMG! thisisanoutrage.jpg

Tormented Seph

Scholar
I get paid by Todd "Fantasy is killing monsters on horse" Howard to write a lot of crap and shit about Chris Avellone, so DEAL WITH IT POPAMOLE OBSIDIAN-CODEXIAN FANBOY! HURR DURR!
Guise+Srsly+GUISE+_42c7fb194d2c66e5ca0a52a9915cf08f.gif

Come on....
AP has A LOTS of flaws and is a shitty TPS (no doubt), but has a "C&C" mechanic that embarrassed 85% of other pseudo-RPGs...if you know what I mean...

Anyway Codex: good work but.......Ultima VII at #33? :negative:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
We've been throught this, the issue was that I splitted The Black Gate and Serpent Isle. Looking back now was a bad decision, if you combine the voted for both games, U7 would be at #23.

As much as I CRY TEARS OF FUCKING RAGE over Position #33 for Ultima VII, I still think it was best to keep them separate.

sser

Arcane
Developer
It's nice to see Dark Souls and New Vegas so high up. I know people are frequently nostalgic about the older RPGs, but in my opinion both those games are all-time greats.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Originally the plan was to have 3 reviews for every Top 50 game, and 2 for the ones bellow 50, so I ended up having to choose between some reviews. Later we added one extra Lands of Lore for some reason and Bee asked for Cybo to review W&W, so that lost any sense... my bad, I should have added all the removed ones after that. :|

Korron

Cipher
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We love turn-base! Rtwp is garbage! Oh except for when we vote for the best games. Hmmmm...

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Fucking gold, :bro: to everyone who contributed to this list so the rest of us can waste our lives playing great games whhich are all shit

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Thanks to everyone involved for the outstanding write-up. :greatjob:

(Will be crossposting on BSN to gauge their reactions. :lol:)

Also, I'm regretting I didn't contribute to it myself. :negative:

Korron

Cipher
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We love turn-base! Rtwp is garbage! Oh except for when we vote for the best games. Hmmmm...

It's not secret that the best argument against democracy is a five minutes conversation with the average voter.

You're right. Every game is special in it's own way. They're all equally good clearly. Alternatively, (this stance being my favorite) all of your opinions in aggregate are shite and only I know good rpgs. Do you have a proposed alternative?

Septaryeth

Augur
Green boobies! Though I prefer Mass Effect's blue boobies, myself.

> Oh, and tits. Everybody loves tits.

Didn't notice you get to see the high res version too, by clicking on the banner.

:excellent:

Great list, reminded me to go hunt down and kill the bastard that stole my laptop along with the Morrowind disc in it.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I get paid by Todd "Fantasy is killing monsters on horse" Howard to write a lot of crap and shit about Chris Avellone, so DEAL WITH IT POPAMOLE OBSIDIAN-CODEXIAN FANBOY! HURR DURR!
Guise+Srsly+GUISE+_42c7fb194d2c66e5ca0a52a9915cf08f.gif

Come on....
AP has A LOTS of flaws and is a shitty TPS (no doubt), but has a "C&C" mechanic that embarrassed 85% of other pseudo-RPGs...if you know what I mean...

well, Todd's counterintelligence appears to work, because he has pretty good arguments there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom