Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex's 2017 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Meh,it is shit,won't waste 30 minutes only to say that ELEX is goty. Pointless rating on games i don't care,couldn't just made it a thread poll with only one or three choices?! Also it is not exclusive prestigious codex club,any retarded fag can vote there. Meh back to polishing my rod!
It literally takes only 5 minutes to do this. It took only one minute for me because I only voted for 10% of the games, those were the ones I've played. Shut the fuck up and do your duty Codexian!

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
This poll is a great reflection of the poll creator's, rpgcodex's, and the community's tastes and views on rpgs. Almost exclusively console games for children and retarded, sexually-frustrated, and maturity-stunted adults. This site is now more non-rpg and child game focused than rpgwatch, and as impossible as it seems, this community has even worse and far more childish taste.

The old-guard would have never allowed an almost exclusive console-focused child game poll and would have laughed this poll's retarded creator out of town and to whatever popular gaming site pandering to retards was hot for the day. I have never been so proud to be looked down and obstricised by a community. The fact this site's leadership does not even allow me to make posts is something I wear like a badge of honor. What value could the thoughts of someone like me, or the old guard of this site, have when we like actual rpgs, which are all almost pc-exclusive? Obviously none so why let us start posts?

I play every rpg released and I've literally never even heard of most of these games. I would say for shame, Codex, but none of you kids and retards have any or are capable or understanding you should.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This poll is a great reflection of the poll creator's, rpgcodex's, and the community's tastes and views on rpgs. Almost exclusively console games for children and retarded, sexually-frustrated, and maturity-stunted adults. This site is now more non-rpg and child game focused than rpgwatch, and as impossible as it seems, this community has even worse and far more childish taste.

The old-guard would have never allowed an almost exclusive console-focused child game poll and would have laughed this poll's retarded creator out of town and to whatever popular gaming site pandering to retards was hot for the day. I have never been so proud to be looked down and obstricised by a community. The fact this site's leadership does not even allow me to make posts is something I wear like a badge of honor. What value could the thoughts of someone like me, or the old guard of this site, have when we like actual rpgs, which are all almost pc-exclusive? Obviously none so why let us start posts?

I play every rpg released and I've literally never even heard of most of these games. I would say for shame, Codex, but none of you kids and retards have any or are capable or understanding you should.
And your list?

Monty

Arcane
This site is now more non-rpg and child game focused than rpgwatch, and as impossible as it seems, this community has even worse and far more childish taste.

The old-guard would have never allowed an almost exclusive console-focused child game poll and would have laughed this poll's retarded creator out of town and to whatever popular gaming site pandering to retards was hot for the day.

Reminds me a bit of this guy back in 2005:
I wish people would stop talking like they aren't graphic whores when they are, or action game fans when they are, or rpg fans when they really like action games with a little talking. Or talk as though most of the posters on this site are not action game loving graphic whores, or as if the majority of posters to this site like rpgs or have good tastes in rpgs, or even know what an rpg is.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I'm not sure why we vote this shit every year like a media outlet. Aren't we more of a retrospective, conservative community? We should be discussing 2014 this year and, after next year's retrospective on Pillars, decide what was the real GotY in 2015.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I'm not sure why we vote this shit every year like a media outlet. Aren't we more of a retrospective, conservative community? We should be discussing 2014 this year and, after next year's retrospective on Pillars, decide what was the real GotY in 2015.
I didn't vote,i am here only to throw shit at the plebs that voted!:obviously:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If you haven't noticed, most prestigious posters are using it as an opportunity to lament about the current state of rpgs, and remember better times.

One year is too short of an interval to have a meaningful competition these days. At best there's 2 potential winners.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I didn't vote,i am here only to throw shit at the plebs that voted!:obviously:

you didnt vote as you've created your own poll?
True,but my poll was very easy to vote. Also i made it a month ago and you didn't had to trudge trough three pages.

Murk

Arcane
Half the names of the games read like fake entries.

Also, shouldn't Romancing Saga 2 be a 'port' since it's been on SNES for like 3 decades now?

Zer0wing

Cipher
Don't see the buzz 'bout robowaifu simulator, action part done poorly, rpg part done even worse, storywise it's not as good as first Nier. Sounds like 2/4 but voted 1/4 just to provoke butthurt.
ELEX and Grimoire both turned out to be easy 4/4.
Numanuma & Andromeda ended up being shit tier 1/4 worth regardless of all the history of missteps behind both of them.

I see Assassin's Kangz and Horizon: Zero Awards are excluded, and for a good reason.

What a paralyzing year 'twas.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
This site is now more non-rpg and child game focused than rpgwatch, and as impossible as it seems, this community has even worse and far more childish taste.

The old-guard would have never allowed an almost exclusive console-focused child game poll and would have laughed this poll's retarded creator out of town and to whatever popular gaming site pandering to retards was hot for the day.

Reminds me a bit of this guy back in 2005:
I wish people would stop talking like they aren't graphic whores when they are, or action game fans when they are, or rpg fans when they really like action games with a little talking. Or talk as though most of the posters on this site are not action game loving graphic whores, or as if the majority of posters to this site like rpgs or have good tastes in rpgs, or even know what an rpg is.

Just imagine if things where shit back then and people still had shit taste back when this site wasn't overrun by retarded children who despise real rpgs how far it has fallen when the people who made the polls still did not include blatant non-rpgs or games made explicitly for children and consoles. There is only like 10 games in that whole post that should have been included. I'm not saying they are good games, or non-shit games, but if this site's leadership and poll creators consider everything to be an rpg why the fuck don't they just change the name of the site? Is truly embarrassing, and even more embarrassing when you consider that the people who should be embarrassed aren't smart enough to even know they should be.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
... As RPG as it gets, the only thing it does differently is that conflict is resolved through a sports game.

Which is retarded

It's not my thing, but a lot of people enjoyed it. Nothing wrong with someone using a conflict resolution system other than combat in a role playing game, this kind of experimentation should be encouraged.

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
... As RPG as it gets, the only thing it does differently is that conflict is resolved through a sports game.

Which is retarded

It's not my thing, but a lot of people enjoyed it. Nothing wrong with someone using a conflict resolution system other than combat in a role playing game, this kind of experimentation should be encouraged.

While recognizing that going too far off from the context of the theme can make it silly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom