Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2019 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Also can we PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT DISCO ELYSIUM. I don't care if you like or hate it I just want it to STOP. I am fed up of hearing about it and the shit it stirs. :argh:

What can you do, Disco is the new Pillars. Every thread inevitably turns to it.

For the same reason too, a few people so chronically butthurt about it that they simply can't help obsessing about it.
Not really,deadfire was generally disliked while disco is disliked by a few people that don't even play rpgs any more. Also with deadfire we had some pretty fun discussion and shit,while this is just incoherent screeching about how it is not rpg and their whole argument is muh combat.

Oh and fast edit: Deadfire was not goty while this one is
:troll:

Prime Junta

Not really,deadfire was generally disliked while disco is disliked by a few people that don't even play rpgs any more. Also with deadfire we had some pretty fun discussion and shit,while this is just incoherent screeching about how it is not rpg and their whole argument is muh combat.

I was referring to the original Pillars.

Trashos

Arcane
Personally, I do not think it is fair to want to kick DE out of the polls, when so many Codexers consider it an RPG and want to vote for it.

I have not played DE yet (I am enjoying Kingmaker too much), and I will surely be pissed if I end up not liking it while it invades the top positions of the Top 100 poll at some point. But fair is fair.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If DE wins this poll I'm finally going to know what liberals felt like that night that Trump won.
Get ready mate,it is coming.....unless the unspeakable out vote the fans with spam voting.

482a4fe0d3621b82876ba2fb9eb8160c.jpg

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Of course, the ever objective measure of the RPG genre, the Game Awards.

I wish you newfags were purged in cleansing fire. If Fez could see this he'd have a heart attack.

Prime Junta

The RPG genre is what the industry consensus says it is. The Game Awards reflect that consensus.

Of course anyone can use their private definition as much as they like, but it is not reasonable to expect the world at large to conform to it.

Or, as lexicographers like to put it, usage is king.

V_K

Arcane
ITT people are arguing that the game that won “best RPG” at Game Awards isn’t a RPG.
Game Awards have been won by a good number of non-games in the past (walking sims). So a talking sim non-game is just par for the course.
No, the ironic thing ITT is that even the guy with an Undertale avatar doesn't consider Disco an RPG.

Fishy

Savant
All categories taken together, I only played two of the games listed: Slay the Spire (good game, but RPG? really?) and Sunless Skies. Guess I'll come back and vote in 3/4 years time, at which point I might have picked up a few as part of a bundle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom