Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex's Best cRPGs - DISCUSS THREAD / NOW ACCEPTING REVIEWS

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
1. Fallout
2. Fallout 2
3. Arcanum
4. Planet Escape: Tournament
5. Baldur's Gate 2
6. Another one of the few not outright terrible CRPGs
7. Another one of the few not outright terrible CRPGs
8. Not a CRPG
25. Another one of the few not outright terrible CRPGs

sser

Arcane
Developer
Do strategy/RPGs count? Stuff like JA, Silent Storm, or even X-Com ...?

AN4RCHID

Arcane
felipepepe said:
This is the RPG Codex, so I trust that I don't have to make a tutorial on such basic point-based system. Please.
Exidium said:
Fallout
Fallout 2
Ultima Underworld
Gothic
Gothic 2

k2fpg7P.jpg

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Do strategy/RPGs count? Stuff like JA, Silent Storm, or even X-Com ...?
Just vote for whatever you want. If it's something ridiculously not RPG, you'll be told.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah. It will only be in the top if A LOT of people vote for it, so that alone validates it.

Also, thank you AN4RCHID, for posting a retarded meme only a few seconds after I opened the VOTE ONLY thread...

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, edit that or I won't count your vote.

Also, everyone feel free to edit the votes until we close the voting, if you forgot/want to change anything.

I don't see why we need to do another list. It's not like anything interesting has come out since the last one.
Is more like I want to fix the previous list, so we have a solid rank for when all that incline hit us this year...

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, what GLORIOUS INCLINE games have come out in 2013 that would warrant a new edition of the BEST GAME EVER poll?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, what GLORIOUS INCLINE games have come out in 2013 that would warrant a new edition of the BEST GAME EVER poll?
The Administration™ is trying out a new voting system to see how things shake out.

Fenris 2.0

Augur
Are there any rules or guidelines concerning AddOns, Community-Patches and Mods ?

My list would vary enormous if I don't have to split between Games and AddOns, or if I had to judge only the Stuff the Developer created vs. the Game that I have on my Harddrive.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
In my view, only completely different content, like Mask of the Betrayer expansion for NWN 2 or Nehrim mod for Oblivion, that count as a separate game.

I see no point in making a separate count for JA 2 and JA 2 1.13, Baldur's Gate with WeiDU, Dark Souls with DSfix or whatever...

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
NO.

This is a game is so buggy and shitty that it destroyed your windows installation when you unninstalled it.

Sunsetspawn

Arcane
GoG really needs to have a sale so I can join you fellers in the ToEE, Arcanuum, and P:T circlejerk.

And I remember desperately trying to get my Gravis Gamepad to work with QfG4 because fighting monsters with the mouse was casual faggotry.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Adventure/RPGs like QfG can enter on the list?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom