Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2019 - RESULTS ARE OUT!

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm still counting the votes, but it's interesting how the Codex has a very specific taste on average... once again there's not a single roguelike or Diablo-clone on the Top 50.

I get the Diablo hate, but why no love for roguelikes, Codexia?

Why are you counting votes, I'm curious.

People may alter their votes until the 6th so counting them before seems pointless. Everyone can change his or her mind, ruining your calculations.

SniperHF

Arcane
The vast majority of Diablo clones were/are inferior so that's why I ain't spending points on those. Except maybe Titan Quest but lack of quality online play hurts there.
And even then it's a lesser form of RPG at its peak. Diablo 1 is one of my favorite games ever but as an RPG it's kinda meh at best. Online play carries it.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I rather like Diablo 2, but I'm not sure it even qualifies as an RPG. Same reason I didn't vote for Mount & Blade.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Enjoy yourself, mate, but don't neglect the classics if you haven't gotten a chance to play Arcanum or Fallout.

I haven't played Dark Souls because I mostly play older stuff, so no worries there dude. Both of those were on my list.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
People may alter their votes until the 6th so counting them before seems pointless. Everyone can change his or her mind, ruining your calculations.
I don't believe 300 people will change their mind. It's easier to tab the votes slowly over time and then just edit the ones that changed their votes.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I didn't think this place could surprise me any more than it has, but the number of votes for Sengoku Rance has done it

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm still counting the votes, but it's interesting how the Codex has a very specific taste on average... once again there's not a single roguelike or Diablo-clone on the Top 50.

I get the Diablo hate, but why no love for roguelikes, Codexia?

I have to say that I was in doubt if those games would be considered. I dont know if I should consider Diablo a RPG, but its a game that I love. The same for FTL or Battle Brothers, for example.

Maybe lot of people had the same doubt. Could be nice if we deliver the results and give one more week to people change the votes, after seeing the numbers. People can realize "wtf, Can I vote for this game????" And change the votes to a better final result.

Mustawd

Just to make sure I understand, are the below games appropriate because they are on pc?

FF7
FF9
FF10
FF6
Chrono Trigger
Valkyria Chronicles
Stranger of Sword City
Elminage gothic
Elminage Original
Octopath Traveler (june 2019)
Ys 8
DQ11

If not, then it makes sense that trash like Dungeon Siege 1 made the list last time, and I’d expect to see similarity trash titles voted for instead of some of the ones listed above.

Modron

Arcane
Dungeon Siege made the list because people were playing Ultima 5 and 6 on it at the time and were getting a much better impression of it than the original release warranted.

Mustawd

Dungeon Siege made the list because people were playing Ultima 5 and 6 on it at the time and were getting a much better impression of it than the original release warranted.

DS1 came out around the same time as BG. In addition, the list includes newer titles like DA: Origins.

How DS1 made the list is beyond me. I played it for 3 hours and it was awful crap. Played like an unfun rts/rpg hybrid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom