Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex's Top 50 vs. Age of Incline Poll

Which are the best cRPGs of all time? (select up to 25)

• Total voters

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
The idea is to find out how the games released since 2014 fare in comparison to the Top 50 cRPG poll from 2014.

The poll contains:
  • The Top 50 cRPGs of all time from 2014
  • The Top 30 cRPGs of the Age of Incline from 2012-2016 (Link)
  • The Top 15 cRPGs from 2017 GOTY (Link)
  • Pillars of Eternity 2
You can choose up to 25 games.

The poll will be open indefinitely and you can see who voted for each game.

Jezal_k23

Sucks that MD is missing due to inconsistency of the list, but would anyone honestly vote on it as a top 25 CRPG of all time? I HOPE nobody here would...........

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
All the games are from previous official RPG Codex polls. KOTOR 2 wasn't there, MD wasn't there, Oblivion wasn't there. Dark Souls was.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Let's see what we have after one hour:

14 Fallout
12 Planescape
10 Deus Ex
10 Baldur's Gate II
10 Fallout II
9 Age of Decadence
9 Arcanum
8 Gothic
8 Gothic II
8 Icewind Dale
7 Fallout: New Vegas
7 System Shock II

Looks like like only Age of Decadence is keeping up so far among the Age of Incline titles.

Atlet

Arcane
Vatnik
Great topic.

The new top 50/70 that felipepe will do should have at least AoD, Underrail, D:OS 2, Dragonfall, Blackguards, Xulima and Conquistador.

Last edited:

V_K

Arcane
Let's see what we have after one hour:

14 Fallout
12 Planescape
10 Deus Ex
10 Baldur's Gate II
10 Fallout II
9 Age of Decadence
9 Arcanum
8 Gothic
8 Gothic II
8 Icewind Dale
7 Fallout: New Vegas
7 System Shock II

Looks like like only Age of Decadence is keeping up so far among the Age of Incline titles.
It's a popularity contest-style poll though, these are never very telling.

Trashos

Arcane
Already shaping up to be a good list.

Very happy for AoD, would also like to see Underrail do better. Finally went all in over the weekend (they fixed the fonts, yay!), and am having constant orgasms with it. No, I haven't reached the infamous DC yet.

I assume that there are going to be changes to the list when the Americans wake up, but who knows.

mfkndggrfll

Learned
Shitposter Bethestard
Why the fuck is JA2 and deux ex in the list? Why New Vegas? Witcher 2? Morrowind? None of these are cRPGs and I just saw.... FTL???? What the actual fuck, thats a rogue like... Dark Souls? Not even a fucking RPG

Curratum

For a forum that loves old blobbers, I see alarmingly little love for Grimrock 2, which may not be the best but is hands-down the most playable of them all.

Okagron

Prophet
Why the fuck is JA2 and deux ex in the list? Why New Vegas? Witcher 2? Morrowind? None of these are cRPGs and I just saw.... FTL???? What the actual fuck, thats a rogue like... Dark Souls? Not even a fucking RPG
All of those games are more of an RPG than Fallout 3, the game you love to suck dick from.

mfkndggrfll

Learned
Shitposter Bethestard
All of those games are more of an RPG than Fallout 3, the game you love to suck dick from.

But F3 isnt even in that list so you failed to make a relevant statement here.

Okagron

Prophet

But F3 isnt even in that list so you failed to make a relevant statement here.
No, it was a relevant statement, because you think Fallout 3 is a RPG. So you have no say on what game is a RPG.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I read it as "age of incel" by accident and rereading it 3 times didn't help. Finally opened the thread and started looking for how RPGs are related to inceldom.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom