Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex's Top Non-RPG PC Games

Q

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2
Need to sort that list to some broad categories like "fps", "tps", "tbs", "rts" to make it more usefull

V_K

Arcane
"fps", "tps", "tbs"
"tsp", "tbsp", "oz"...
Disco Elysium
The poll title says "games" though.
I agree with both of you. Disco Elysium is simultaneously the best game and non-game and the best RPG and non-RPG. :salute:

Disco Elysium is Schrödinger's game :)
Disco Elysium is a Schrödinger's non-game, ftfy
Technically, any game is a Schrodinger's game because it's simultaneously fun and not fun until you play it, after which it collapses onto either of the two states.

Silly Germans

"fps", "tps", "tbs"
"tsp", "tbsp", "oz"...
Disco Elysium
The poll title says "games" though.
I agree with both of you. Disco Elysium is simultaneously the best game and non-game and the best RPG and non-RPG. :salute:

Disco Elysium is Schrödinger's game :)
Disco Elysium is a Schrödinger's non-game, ftfy
Technically, any game is a Schrodinger's game because it's simultaneously fun and not fun until you play it, after which it collapses onto either of the two states.

No measurement will change the outcome if a game is in a pure eigenstate with eigenvalue "not fun" in regard to the fun operator. Meaning that some games
are always bad, even if you don't play them.
The measurement will only be a fifty fifty chance of projecting the system into either eigenstate if the system was in a superposition state before the measurement
with amplitude coefficients of 1/sqrt(2) for either eigenstate. We could of course allow mixed states which carry classical probabilities but that would require density operators
instead of wavefunctions. Then we could include the lack of knowledge that we assume about the state of the system in our model.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I'm just playing the "recent" pc port of speedball 2, Speedball 2 HD.

It really feels like the original, good music, easier to navigate, maybe a bit too easy, looks like they removed a lot of screens, we can't rename players (not sure if we could in the original though) and the worst part is the player management where you can switch players without noticing and you can't see what's their favorite position anymore once they're on your team.

To be honest, i'm not sure it matters in this version.

Aside from that, it's easy to navigate, great music and ambient, smooth to play, just played a couple of games but it's really good, the part that matters being the field.

So, now, i wish i replayed it before, would probably have rated it higher, like 3 or 5 stars.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Speedball 2 is a legendarily good game so thank you for bringing this to my attention.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom