Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG/Fantasy Art Thread

Hi all, I'm looking for a specific image in a fantasy setting and thought we all could share art in a forum thread. I have tons of art so I'm sure there are some others here with the same. My current specific need is for a painting of a king's assassination or near-assassination. Even a king dead in front of a bunch of people would work great. This is to personalize a game experience of mine, and would really add a lot.

Cheers,
Grape

Last edited:

Mustawd

assassin__s_strike_mtg_by_chase_sc2-d5h4n9g.jpg

tcg-series2-125-large.jpg

rogue_moodboard___celtic_heroes_by_daveallsop-d99664e.jpg

tumblr_nz1ili43iV1tpri36o1_1280.png

0e7886286742fd45c88f54f797009728.jpg

assassin_by_thegryph.jpg

Thanks these are really close. Maybe someone can help me out with famous events in fiction where kings have been assassinated? Then I can look up paintings in artstation and deviantart. I might use that bottom or top one from Mustawd if I have to, so thanks tremendously.

So far I have:
Renly Baratheon of Game of Thrones
F named king in Witcher 2

Also found this:
allen-morris-throneroom-small.jpg

Thanks, I got something good enough. An anonymous looking hero in an empty throne room looking around like something just happened. Is it me or should there be more king assassination paintings by now? In the age of Game of Thrones, our artists have failed imho.

Edit: Seriously thanks a ton though, I was looking for hours.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Hi all, I'm looking for a specific image in a fantasy setting and thought we all could share art in a forum thread. I have tons of art so I'm sure there are some others here with the same. My current specific need is for a painting of a king's assassination or near-assassination. Even a king dead in front of a bunch of people would work great. This is to personalize a game experience of mine, and would really add a lot.

Cheers,
Grape
e17b4a70-fd0a-4780-a940-b0a70e704f8e..jpg

Gerome, The Death of Caesar, 1867

assassination-huge.jpg

Delaroche, Assassination, 1834

800px-Assassinat_d%E2%80%99Henri_IV_et_l%E2%80%99arrestation_de_Ravaillac_par_Charles-Gustave_Housez.jpg

Housez, The Assassination of Henri IV and the Arrest of Ravaillac 14 May 1610, 1860

Last edited:

Mustawd

both stiff and not dynamic works. AKA boring.

But classics for sure. Thanks for sharing! :D

EDIT: The composition in the second one is f'in awful.

Ok, I could still really use some better pics for Avadon 3 (paintings only please):

-Charismatic redbearded male, best if stocky like a dwarf

-Red dragon that is looking at the camera with its mouth closed, maybe intelligent looking
(This is incredibly hard to find)

-Beautiful long black haired lady smiling at the camera

and for these pics I need a relatively blank background with a full body shot:

(The more human, the better)

- Young male rogue/assassin without mask/hood on

- Female rogue/assassin without mask/hood on

- Female knight with face visible

- Shaman or Druid male, but pretty civilized and without leaves all over him

- Female battle mage or chemist or slightly steampunky (engineer type gal)

I'll probably need more as I play along the game and see descriptions of characters that conflict with the ones I immediately replaced.

Here are some of these types of images I already have:

aQPFY7q.png

R5qLWMw.jpg

UEwHZVi.jpg

SUU8GCU.png

aQlYbZj.png

jGiIbRW.jpg

iU2qqFl.jpg

YDYtiZF.jpg

4JXH1Dn.jpg

rNsIfIF.jpg

y4mOqnP.jpg

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
r22ycrm9e5q01.jpg

"Music Lover" by Robin Wood
1d03b4bc307bb4128f5610d838ffaec3.jpg

"Dragons of faith" by Jeff Easley
cdcab81cbb76df2b7eba9532cf73b1bd.jpg

"The Wizard" by Fred Fields
dd8fb4f5c739dd7f2c0dabdc45ffd965.jpg

"Swords of the undercity" by Keith Parkinson
b2256f37d32d682606c71434c8222294.jpg

"Dragon Keep" by Jack Pennington

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom