Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPGCodex declines into Facebook, children scream in terror

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So this is why you needed those huge RPG Codex headers.

The Codexian Detective Squad (tm) found that out about 10 posts into the topic.

thesoup

Arcane
There is potential lulz in this as the Codex delivers butthurt to every passerby. On facebook, there will be more exposure and more butthurt. I better start seeing some facebook Beth and Bio trolling soon.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Twitter / Facebook / iFag do you really think the target audience needs this?

I don't know. But I know I'd like it. Since none of us really know shit about what the target audience wants or does not want, there seems to be little harm in trying.

Even if the target audience does not use them, they can still be used for the other things I noted (this goes especially for developer communication on Twitter).

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Will all of this be scaled to me level? Or will it be scaled to the level of the facebook community?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Wait... The Codex has a target audience? Are you trying to imply that there are people out there that we actually /want/ to talk to? As opposed to just being another means for us to be all up in their face and annoy them?

Oh yeah, and if someone wants to make an iPhone app, I'm listening.

SoupNazi

I might just as well activate my Facebook again! Now I have a use for it again!

Black

Arcane
Can't wait for some sweet ass photos made in bathrooms by Codexers.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Codex iPhone App uses recognition software to identify good cRPGs using your built-in camera, if it detects the Bioware logo it emails everyone on your contact list the last fifty URLS posted by meltdown.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Great! Maybe we can integrate it with the boards!

"You have just brofisted (user). Would you like to post it on your wall?"

"You have just called a non-shooter game popamole. Would you like to post it on your wall?"

"You can just called a new game banal. Would you like to post it on your wall?"

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Great! Maybe we can integrate it with the boards!

"You have just brofisted (user). Would you like to post it on your wall?"

"You have just called a non-shooter game popamole. Would you like to post it on your wall?"

"You can just called a new game banal. Would you like to post it on your wall?"

The current forum software already has Facebook and Twitter integration ,they were available for a short time after the Codex 2.0 upgrade but were deactivated by DU.Judging by the rate of the :decline: they wil be reactivated soon enough

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
133222431441.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So that's where the wasteland 2 fundrising drive went in reality. Lighting cigars up with dollar bills as you open a RPGCpdex facebook. Mmm-h.

:x:x:x

Actually we donated them to Broderick and Zuckerberg. Us jewz have to stick together.

Also jews don't light cigars up with dollar bills. That would be a waste of money that could further the conspiracy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom