Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rpgs with bad Reputation in Codex that you liked ? Poll

Did you liked Any games below ?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

DraQ

Arcane
You can disagree all you want, i'd rate your post decline if i could, because that's what it is ...
Diablo was at the source of the decline era.
Only if you consider Diablo to be an RPG.
Back in the time such an assertion could get you punched in the teeth.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Darkest Dungeon is also not really disliked by anyone as far as I know.

Celerity
A lot of people think that Darkest Dungeon has repetitive, grindy gameplay and dislike it because of that. No need to be insane as Celerity to dislike such "qualities" in a game. I remember being disappointed by it (after buying it at full price, I think it was still in early acccess then? Not sure any more, didn't get much better later anyway) long before Celerity graced this forum with his obsession about DD.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I completed Two Worlds 1 back in the day and enjoyed it - it was much better open world game than Oblivion and even had horse fighting in it (sadly removed in the sequel).

Now I am playing Two Worlds 2 and have a great time. It's not exactly open world rpg (you get to unlock new areas in the course of the story, like in Gothic 2 or Witcher 3), but each area is big enough to house a whole separate game, so it doesn't bother me much. The amount of builds alone is enough to make it a worthwhile experience.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Yuck, what a big pile of crap.

I guess FF8 because it was 1999, I was a kid, and it was kinda spectacular then. The level scaling sucked then, sucks now, will suck forever though.

Also I wholeheartedly agree on Undertale being shit (furry shit no less) because all the fad was a massive trolling, money grab, Russian special forces propaganda, illuminati brainwashing, what you will.

PorkBarrellGuy

7th Saga: Hardly a GREAT RPG but really not that bad IMO. Difficulty is pretty much Japgrind-tier, but I actually had a fair amount of fun with it.
For easy mode early on take Elven mage, she just fucking wrecks most shit and eventually you should be able to partner with the Robot who will basically help cover your weaknesses
BG Dark Alliance games: Not really RPGs. Maybe ARPGs. Still honestly pretty fun, all things considered.
Diablo 2: what the fuck why is this on the poll D2 is a very solid ARPG (not an RPG)
Torchlight: Not perfect by any means, but still really pretty fun. (also an ARPG and not an RPG)
Undertale: Not the second coming of Jesus in gaming or anything, but fun in its own right. Most of the hate is due to the cancerous fanbase, I think (though there are legitimate complaints to be made about the game itself)
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: Not really a great game, but sort of fun. Reasonably decent music. Very simple and easy to play. You could do much, much worse.
Phantasy Star 2: King of Japgrind, frustrating dungeons with unavoidable damage tiles and backtracking and yet it's honestly still pretty fun (and it's a better story than any Final Fantasy ever had)
Phantasy Star 3: Very flawed to be sure, but really not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Undeniably a low point for PS games but as it turns out "low point for PS games" ends up still being somewhat enjoyable.
Final Fantasy 8: Really wasn't the worst thing I've ever played. I mean, I managed to have fun with it at times.

I almost chose Oblivion but given how heavily I had to mod Oblivion to make it genuinely fun I'm not sure it counts. Skyrim's just fucking shit, sorry. Only thing nice I have to say about Skyrim is that it's fairly pretty in places. The first Borderlands was almost fun at times but I simply couldn't force myself to play it the whole way through. BioShock Infinite got old, fast - I think the only reason I managed to complete it is because the game is actually not that fucking long (I basically almost never used Vigors unless one was absolutely required for some reason).

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Pillars of Eternity with all the updates and fixes and especially with White March.

It's about time this thread became a Pillars thread like any other...

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I ran out of ticks! You can add 1 to Phantasy Star 1 and 2, Bioshock, and Borderlands 1 and 2.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Skyrim. Skyrim is my favourite game of all time. I will defend Skyrim to the death. I never was particularly fond of Bethesda, Daggerfall and Morrowind were meh for me, Oblivion sucked huge black cock, and Fallout 3 was a nice game i enjoyed being a fallout fan(and that being the best i could get). Skyrim is not a game for autists and spreadsheet lovers. It is an actionrpg that cuts most convoluted systems and just lets you play whatever shit you want to play. I never enjoyed an RPG's combat so much. Sword and board is fucking boring but playing a stealth, mage, or hybrid character, is FUCKING FUN!

I must have played it more than 1500 hours at this point. I have only completed the main campaign once. Because i didn't want to. Because i didn't fucking care. I just spend all that time making various character builds and enjoying my creations. That is the most fun part of Skyrim and it is unrivalled in that regard. Most games use strict classes and convoluted systems and stifle creativity. In Skyrim i re-created almost all DnD classes. I role played like a boss. Made every single archetype imaginable. Every single niche imagineable. I haven't been bored in 7 freaking years... It is a game i expect to keep playing for at least a decade more.

So yeah, fuck the haters. Skyrim is one of the best RPGs ever. Better than the Witcher 3, which is a storyfag game. A masterpiece storyfag game, but still a storyfag game. You can only play storyfags game for so long. Skyrim is infinitely replayable.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Skyrim. Skyrim is my favourite game of all time. I will defend Skyrim to the death. I never was particularly fond of Bethesda, Daggerfall and Morrowind were meh for me, Oblivion sucked huge black cock, and Fallout 3 was a nice game i enjoyed being a fallout fan(and that being the best i could get). Skyrim is not a game for autists and spreadsheet lovers. It is an actionrpg that cuts most convoluted systems and just lets you play whatever shit you want to play. I never enjoyed an RPG's combat so much. Sword and board is fucking boring but playing a stealth, mage, or hybrid character, is FUCKING FUN!

I must have played it more than 1500 hours at this point. I have only completed the main campaign once. Because i didn't want to. Because i didn't fucking care. I just spend all that time making various character builds and enjoying my creations. That is the most fun part of Skyrim and it is unrivalled in that regard. Most games use strict classes and convoluted systems and stifle creativity. In Skyrim i re-created almost all DnD classes. I role played like a boss. Made every single archetype imaginable. Every single niche imagineable. I haven't been bored in 7 freaking years... It is a game i expect to keep playing for at least a decade more.

So yeah, fuck the haters. Skyrim is one of the best RPGs ever. Better than the Witcher 3, which is a storyfag game. A masterpiece storyfag game, but still a storyfag game. You can only play storyfags game for so long. Skyrim is infinitely replayable.

7km00oh2aa14.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
0 vote(s)
Konung 1
0 vote(s)
Sacred 3
0 vote(s)

were they really that bad?

Funposter

Arcane

I'm calling the police.

Codex Year of the Donut

I'm calling the police.
greece is too poor to afford police

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom