Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rules of the Codex - Enhanced Edition, Director's Cut (2013)

IPFreely

Educated
I have a question and I don't know where else to ask it.

Do I need to be a patron to use the reaction emojis?

If not, can you please tell me how to access them. I'd just like to know either way.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Needs to be updated according to current political climate
4NbrMVp.jpg

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

We also give users colourful tags such as "dumbfuck!"; we have two members who have been awarded the title "undisputed queen of faggotry" and we have used "village idiot" and other labels from time-to-time to identify particularly troublesome users, all of which could be considered a form of harassment.
What kind of a genuine retard does one need to be to get labeled by any of these tags on a fucking rpg forum. :lol:

alienscumproduce

Barely Literate
Just got through reading the rules (these rules were too long though I did read them as such, completely)

There's a grammatical error under section b) moderation tools, subsection 7):

"7. Re-queue: If all you're posting is crap,"

*Your *Postings *are *crap

-clarification- I'm aware that the rules could apply if all that you are posting happens to be crap, but it's figurative not literal as I understand it. Correct meeee.

That is all. Thanks

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member

-clarification- I'm aware that the rules could apply if all that you are posting happens to be crap, but it's figurative not literal as I understand it. Correct meeee.
It's literal.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I want to tell you something guys, I think that DU feels honourbound to bring back the button parade from time to time because some retard payed for the plug-in.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin

It's literal.
You're smarter than I thought.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Everytime i hit the accept invite to discord it goes to the bloody app page and i am already updated. I tried copy/paste in discord and it says "invite expired". Is there some rule or issue i'm overlooking?

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Several of my posts have been nuked lately. So have a couple of my profile status updates. I've read the rules, and yeah I can rant a bit, but AFAIK nothing I've posted has been excessive shit-posting or anything like harassing or spamming. It's yall's board, nuke or censor all you like. But I'm getting old, so can someone please inform me if said nuking or censoring is done? I know mod privileges don't require that sort of action, but just as a courtesy it would be a real pleasure if you told me directly that I was being an prick rather than me having to wonder why my post just got its ass stuck in the memory hole.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Several of my posts have been nuked lately. So have a couple of my profile status updates. I've read the rules, and yeah I can rant a bit, but AFAIK nothing I've posted has been excessive shit-posting or anything like harassing or spamming. It's yall's board, nuke or censor all you like. But I'm getting old, so can someone please inform me if said nuking or censoring is done? I know mod privileges don't require that sort of action, but just as a courtesy it would be a real pleasure if you told me directly that I was being an prick rather than me having to wonder why my post just got its ass stuck in the memory hole.
More likely to have been retardoed than nuked.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I'm noticing there's a fade-in effect now when I open a post's ratings list. Part of that upgrade from a few hours ago?

Nameless Codexian

Also, I find it worrying that you did not provide an equivalent list involving rules that moderators should abide by.

Yes, I hear you saying "But what use will the enumerations of such a list be for ordinary members like you?"

And my answer to that is: "Check and balance"; When both parties (members and moderators) are assured of their knowledge on how everyone should behave, we can ensure an insurance against bad behavior from both sides.

So in the situation that a member accuses a moderator of behaving unjustly and vice versa, we can refer to the rules' list* and with confidence say whether they acted out of line or not.

In this way, both parties can see each other on eye to eye and in consequence, there can be a little more room to be more respectful towards each other.

*whether said rules are fair or not is another matter entirely and probably needs a more careful and nuanced approach in their deliberation.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Also, I find it worrying that you did not provide an equivalent list involving rules that moderators should abide by.

Yes, I hear you saying "But what use will the enumerations of such a list be for ordinary members like you?"

And my answer to that is: "Check and balance"; When both parties (members and moderators) are assured of their knowledge on how everyone should behave, we can ensure an insurance against bad behavior from both sides.

So in the situation that a member accuses a moderator of behaving unjustly and vice versa, we can refer to the rules' list* and with confidence say whether they acted out of line or not.

In this way, both parties can see each other on eye to eye and in consequence, there can be a little more room to be more respectful towards each other.

*whether said rules are fair or not is another matter entirely and probably needs a more careful and nuanced approach in their deliberation.
Nah man, you only need to say "the Jews did it" and everybody will automatically believe Infinitron is at fault, no need for any responsibility.

Last edited:

Silly Germans

The Codex is still difficult to use with a controller, the Enhanced Edition is a rip-off ! Where are my button-prompts and dial-menus ? The tutorial explained nothing.
It's high time for some professional help.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom