Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Rumor] EA to be bought out by Nexon

Hellraiser

Arcane
total equity

Nexon total golds
http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/3659:JP/balance-sheet
note: figures there in JPY, so divide by 80.7884957 for USD amount

EA total golds
http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/EA:US/balance-sheet

Fuck, my bad. Didn't mean total equity but market capitalization. My brian is working badly recently.

At any rate I found it on the bloomberg page you linked me to bro, it's at 8,06 billion USD using today's USD:YEN rate from yahoo's converter:

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter/#from=USD;to=JPY;amt=8060195492.2492

Assuming I didn't misplace the decimal point when converting millions of yen into dollars, that means they're worth 3 billion kwadollars more than EA

:what:

Stinger

Arcane
There's always a bigger fish...er publishing behemoth that runs its subsidiaries into the ground for quick cash.

There are Facebook game companies that got near a billion, or actually broke the mark. The peeps from Maple Story saw the trends that lead to that type of success long before, and have exploited it ever since.

Hate their grindy, ladle deep games? I don't think they could care less.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I don't see such a takeover ending well for Nexon. Good products can be sold anywhere, but making money by squeezing the customer requires keen understanding of the local market.

Angthoron

Arcane
Hmm, could be that a bubble corporation is seeking legitimacy in actual "real" assets.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I don't see such a takeover ending well for Nexon. Good products can be sold anywhere, but making money by squeezing the customer requires keen understanding of the local market.
EA, with Bioware collaboration, managed to upset Biodrones and throw in the gutter Star Wars license, doing worse would be a feat in itself.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I can't wait until Hamburger Helper is replaced by a cute Japanese girl and all mention of homosexuality is banned.

Welcome to America, Asian overlords!

Wait till the Yaoi Dragon Age 3 DLC

I on the other hand can't wait until some of Bioware luminaries are forced to perform seppuku on a live stream for their failures

Yeah I know it's a Korean not a Japanese company but I don't give a fuck

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
The only purpose of shit companies is so they can eat other shit companies while we are entertained by the drama they engage in. It's free, there is no day 1 DLC, and you don't even need Origin for it!

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Maybe they're looking to start the trend of F2P singleplayer games this way. Take all of EA's current IPs, make free 2013 sequels with convenient and easy ingame microtransaction client that boosts EXP gain or increases health regen speed for ten hours of gameplay a pop. Unlock 1 romance option for 10 dollars, or buy the heterosexual or homosexual packs for great savings. For best savings, bisexual party pack with exclusive group scene unlock, only 39.90 amerikans. They shall do all this through the revolutionary NexOrigiN content distribution program. Please, no hacking or we ban with no refunds.

Hello, white boy. You want immersion? I have best immersion, for you very cheap. Make you engaged fast fast. Buy now or tomorrow no more deal.

Captain Shrek

What I want: I want current employs of EA to become jobless and forced to eat shit.

What I do not want: EA being driven out of business.

These things are not mutually exclusive. EA is so shit that it can drive any company it buys directly into ground (e.g. Bioware). The best we can expect is that Nexon actually can turn it around and make it into a force of competence.

EA going down the shitter while Wasteland 2 is getting funded. All we need to do is make Diablo 3 crash and burn and this will be the best Codex year ever.

Duckard

Augur
First of all, you have no right to complain about a FREE game, okay, and you have absolutely no right to judge it when you've only played the free version either. To get full immersion, and thus be able to judge it fairly you must buy all cash shop items. As for all these so-called "hardcore" RPG players that are complaining that the timer runs out on the cash shop stuff, they just don't understand that this was done intentionally to provide tension. Frankly, I think it adds immersion that you are on the clock and can't just waste time doing dumb shit. It's so much more realistic helps makes you feel like you are the character, and not just some dude pressing a button. And you can always just NOT BUY the chash shop items it's not like they're forcing you to. Just click no when the pop-up happen, god, like it's so hard to do.

Finally, I just want to say THANK YOU Bioware and THANK YOU Nexon for providing us with such rich, detailed, emotionally engaging RPG experiences for free and don't listen to the haters! I love the cash shop, and I will continue to buy from it even if you make the prices 10x what they are now!!!

-Bioware Social Network, circa 2015

Captain Shrek

First of all, you have no right to complain about a FREE game, okay, and you have absolutely no right to judge it when you've only played the free version either. To get full immersion, and thus be able to judge it fairly you must buy all cash shop items. As for all these so-called "hardcore" RPG players that are complaining that the timer runs out on the cash shop stuff, they just don't understand that this was done intentionally to provide tension. Frankly, I think it adds immersion that you are on the clock and can't just waste time doing dumb shit. It's so much more realistic helps makes you feel like you are the character, and not just some dude pressing a button. And you can always just NOT BUY the chash shop items it's not like they're forcing you to. Just click no when the pop-up happen, god, like it's so hard to do.

Finally, I just want to say THANK YOU Bioware and THANK YOU Nexon for providing us with such rich, detailed, emotionally engaging RPG experiences for free and don't listen to the haters! I love the cash shop, and I will continue to buy from it even if you make the prices 10x what they are now!!!

-Bioware Social Network, circa 2015

Its all true Circa 2012(1).

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
the only way any :incline: can come out of this situation is if everything crashes and burns before the industry can be further infected with new diseases
Why do you think so?

2012 the year of digital entertainment incline.
I thought it was the year of the ITZ, or something?

Sul

Savant
Fuck, their MMORPG called Mabinogi is considered on of the true sucessors of Ultima Online (despite all the anime faggotry) but it's ip-blocked for BRs. I wonder why...:smug:

EG

Nullified
How deliciously immersive. Good bye, EA, you bastard-acquirer of unearned titles.

sser

Arcane
Developer
FREE 2 PLAY FREE 2 PLAY F 2 P F 2 P F2P F2P ASS 2 ASS

Destroid

Arcane
Shattered Galaxy was (is?) actually a very solid game, with only a very low proportion of F2P scumming (it was just a level cap, but you were on a server with all other level capped guys too so it didn't really matter and there was still plenty of content).

Black

Arcane
I have no idea how could you further decline EA so I guess they will either remain shit under new management or get inclined.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Mabinogi is considered on of the true sucessors of Ultima Online

1faea306.jpg

d866a7df.jpg

8a837339.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom