Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian and inXile acquired by Microsoft

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
what's gonna happen is that they will make JES the lead designer on a new project, and then hire Guido as project lead/ producer

:yeah:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

DpZ_fkWWsAEfROs.jpg:large

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just a quick reminder:

Remember that Feargus and the other owners have staved off the rights to the PoE IP in a separate company.

So do you think Microsoft will acquire these rights as well? To be honest, I don’t think they’re interested in the PoE IP.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Just a quick reminder:

Remember that Feargus and the other owners have staved off the rights to the PoE IP in a separate company.

So do you think Microsoft will acquire these rights as well? To be honest, I don’t think they’re interested in the PoE IP.

I think if M$ wants a rimjob to seal the deal, Feargus is inclined to deliver.

StrongBelwas

Savant
Patron
Just a quick reminder:

If it came down to making or breaking the deal I'm sure the owners would hand it over after how Deadfire did, but I don't see any use Microsoft has for it or a reason to care what the owners do with it. Whatever kind of game they want Obsidian to make, why use a setting people clearly don't care much for? Either dig something out of the graveyard, make something new, or go license shopping.

The Real Fanboy
Chris avellone throwing shade at the obsidian/Microsoft deal!!!

he's responding to this tweet btw

(btw if Chris drops into this thread to say more: Chris, do you like Brockhampton and who is your favourite member and why? Also my dad is a big fan of Fallout 2)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Also my dad is a big fan of Fallout 2
I see that you have superior gene,you will be good marriage material.

From what i see Microsoft is going for the long game and just decided to let this iteration of peasant entertainment to be dominated bu japs. I could predict hard times incoming for the japs. Also Microsoft going full PC&Console combo just moved the field in to Microsoft's background. That cross platform seems to be giving a lot of pressure on to piss station. Spencer is pretty business savvy from what i see.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Previous tweets:

"While I was there" is funny, wasn't he there from the beginning?

Also, "always looking" puts the whole PoE campaign into a different perspective. The violins in the beginning of the PoE making video take on a new meaning - "we were about to go bankrupt instead of keep making rpgs instead of being sold down the line with profit for the owners". :lol:

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Self-Ejected to keep making good games, but forgets the entire games industry is built this way.

Astral Rag

Arcane
They're not shown in the trailer but the game also features Walken and John Ventimiglia, aka the guy who plays Artie in the Sopranos.

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
In case you're interested and unaware, Spoony did a good LP of the game back in his glory days.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom