Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rune II: Decapitation Edition - abandoned by Human Head Studios, still causing drama

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Giant Bomb has a "quick look" out with 40ish minutes of gameplay. I made it through about 5 minutes before confirming it's not a game for me and stopping the video. YMMV.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So it turned from action platformer with light RPG elements, tight dungeon design and good combat into... yet another crafting game among the 5 million already existing crafting games on Steam?

Ok then.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Giant Bomb has a "quick look" out with 40ish minutes of gameplay. I made it through about 5 minutes before confirming it's not a game for me and stopping the video. YMMV.

Ben's voice makes my skin crawl, so I can't listen to that, but I just want to know 1 thing. Is there still single player mode?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Ben's voice makes my skin crawl, so I can't listen to that, but I just want to know 1 thing. Is there still single player mode?

I only watched a little, but he chooses a "solo" mode I believe. It looks just like that Conan game or a thousand others like it though, online focused "survival," so playing solo is probably boring as fuck.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Preorder available: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/rune-2/home

MADISON, WI – July 18, 2019 – Ragnarok approaches! Human Head Studios announced today that warriors can now pre-order its upcoming action RPG RUNE II and gain access to the Deathmatch beta! With pre-order purchases, players will also be granted exclusive weapons, armor, maps, and the game’s soundtrack, along with instant access to the Deathmatch beta from July 18 - July 20. It’s kill or be killed in this action packed bloodfest - are you strong enough to survive?

Not sure how to be a Viking? Check out the newly released ‘How to Become a Viking!’ trailer, where aspiring warriors can study the steps to becoming a true Norse legend! Drink Mead! Eat Lizards! Mmm Delicious!

The Deathmatch beta for RUNE II will run daily from July 18 to 20. The schedule is below (all times are EST):

July 18: 2PM - 8PM

July 19: 2PM - 8PM

July 20: 9AM - 3PM

In RUNE II's fast-paced Deathmatch mode, kill your friends, your enemies, and your frenemies with a variety of different weapons, such as swords, spears, axes, war hammers, and even human limbs. Rush to control the divine chests that drop across the field and you'll be handsomely rewarded. With consumable runes that grant you godly powers like the ability to call down Mjolnir's lightning or a short teleport behind your opponents, death is always a left click away. Will it be your opponents...or yours?

Pre-order to get the Warrior Pack for $29.99, Berserker Rage for $39.99 or God Slayer for $59.99.

As Midgard’s chosen savior, kneel atop the Divine Summit to receive a blessing and powerful abilities from the god of your choosing in the endeavor to end Ragnarok. It’s a race against time to prevent the conniving Loki from destroying Midgard as he holds the world in a perpetual state of chaos and destruction. Alone or with friends, you will battle legions of Loki’s minions in brutal melee combat, travel the world collecting rare resources, locate precious artifacts to weaken the Realm Gate and craft the mightiest weapons the Nine Realms have ever seen. Are you powerful enough to take down Loki… or will a new age of darkness begin?

ADL

Prophet
I just got an email saying that the updated build took a lot of my feedback into account and they wanted me to check it out. Looking forward to it. It looks like a lot of good progress has been made. The FOV makes a hell of a lot of a difference.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So i played it for an hour....and it is pretty shit. The game is extreamlly badly optimised and looks like shit. It was meant to be one of those punching threes survival games,but it ended up as this. The enemy AI is non existent,they just run toward you and try to attack. I deleted it after an hour,it is waste of time,don't bother.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Edit: Looks like another Level Design-free borefest.

Level and quest design has plummeted so much the last handful of years. Developers have learned most people are fine with vapid busywork and have prioritized their resources accordingly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom