Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline RYSE of the no-QTE QTEs

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
:d1p:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Bro-Romans let's be BROS on the QTE land and smash E on those PC faggits.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
Fuck off Crytek.
How interesting that the game suddenly comes to PC, after the developer has financial problems. Oh, do you want our money now Crytek? Fuck you!

Inb4 another "pirating has killed PC gaming" comment from Cevat Yerli.

I'm totally gonna TPB this just to satisfy my inner graphic whore. Suck on that crytek!

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Crytek's hurting for money. Quick port-job, especially to the PC (which means they can spend less on distributing physical copes and using Steam instead) is a decent way to earn a dollar or two.

Dr Tomo

Learned
So Ryse 2 fell through because MS would not help fund the game or is it something else? I am also going to point out that the port job is going to make it to the top sellers list on Steam easily.

Martius

Liturgist
I didn't played the game, but if that is just a finishing attack, then it isn't a QTE.
I think its works just like in God of War. Finishing attack first and some Simon says later (just if you screw up nothing happens instead of falling).

Zeriel

Arcane
As the Codex's resident shitslurping connoisseur, I cannot recommend Ryse to anyone on PC, ironically or otherwise. It's just a very bland, very boring and very repetitive experience. And I say that as someone who went into it expecting a dumb fantasy hack and slasher.

I didn't played the game, but if that is just a finishing attack, then it isn't a QTE.
I think its works just like in God of War. Finishing attack first and some Simon says later (just if you screw up nothing happens instead of falling).

Yes, the QTEs are triggered as kill-moves. They are essentially mandatory since you need them to regenerate health/mana etc. though. And you will spend so much time performing the same fucking QTEs over and over again that calling it "one long QTE" isn't entirely hyperbolic.

Sounds exactly like Shadow of Mordor, then, which got big ol 90%'s everywhere. This theme of games that have no gameplay really has to go in a corner and die, I hope the Witcher 3 doesn't play as horrifically as these games do.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Holy shit, this is the worst idea for a game ever.

A game where combat is entirely based on quick time events, WTF?

Crytek is not what it used to be.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Holy shit, this is the worst idea for a game ever.

A game where combat is entirely based on quick time events, WTF?

Crytek is not what it used to be.

Actually it's not, but it's pretty shit regardless. The QTEs come into play only for executions, otherwise it's very simplistic hack 'n slash.

It's like a less fun, non open-world Shadow of Mordor without all the coo' superpowers so get SoM instead if you want some brainless murder - at least it has decent gore, in Ryse the lack of proper blood fountains takes all the fun out of even executing. And for some stupid reason vsync costs a fuckton of performance. Not worth the disk space, let alone any money.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom