Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming September 5th

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Not talking about what inspired what just would be neat to have a zone that slowly expands over the map as you play and inside the zone lots of warping occurs. Could make a really good game i reckon. Lots of replayability if your actions can slow/accelerate the zones advance and certain hubs being hit by the creeping zone change the story or warp differently every time even, depending. Saw the silo on my shitty phone and thought maybe it was a lighthouse and they was maybe going to be similarities to the movie/book. Mods though.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Not talking about what inspired what just would be neat to have a zone that slowly expands over the map as you play and inside the zone lots of warping occurs. Could make a really good game i reckon. Lots of replayability if your actions can slow/accelerate the zones advance and certain hubs being hit by the creeping zone change the story or warp differently every time even, depending. Saw the silo on my shitty phone and thought maybe it was a lighthouse and they was maybe going to be similarities to the movie/book. Mods though.
Oh, ok. I guess I see what you mean. The idea of the Zone is expanding has always been part of Stalker though, so even if they added it as a game mechanic I don't think it would be because of Annihilation.

Interestingly enough the idea of the Zone making duplicate, psychic copies of people, like what happens in Annihilation (in the book anyway, I never watched the movie so I don't know if it had the duplicate stuff), was explored in the development document of Clear Sky (the mercenary was originally going to be tracking down his own double, and I think the twist was going to be that the player themselves were actually the zone duplicate, but didn't end up making it into the game.

ADL

Prophet
Mods though.
stalker 2 is going to be powered by unreal engine 4. No mods.
If this happens this will just kick the modding community into overdrive so I'm looking forward to this releasing regardless of whether it's shit or not. Worst case scenario they give SoC/CoC modders some inspiration and they add some new mechanics and new enemies to the old game.

ADL

Prophet
Does the modern GSC Gameworld even have anything in common with the old one that made Stalker?
No but GSC Gameworld didn't either back in the day between releases of SoC/Clear Sky/Call of Pripyat. They all had different development teams. The fact that those games turned out so well despite the inconsistency and troubled developments is fucking astounding to me.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I just want Stalker 2 to follow the footsteps of Arsenal Overhaul, which alone made Call of Pripyat into a 10x better game. I want EVERY autistic AK variant and obscure Soviet era hunting gun.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I just want Stalker 2 to follow the footsteps of Arsenal Overhaul, which alone made Call of Pripyat into a 10x better game. I want EVERY autistic AK variant and obscure Soviet era hunting gun.

Not only that, I hope they go full Escape from Tarkov and let me mod guns like this:

Gunsmith8AKM.png

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I want the game to have massive open world that's not populated by bandits or other human factions but only monsters, anomalies and few stalkers.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Not only that, I hope they go full Escape from Tarkov and let me mod guns like this:
Not certain that's what I want, maybe only ultra late game. I want ghetto tier modifications and busted and makeshift guns, not too much tacticool shit.

The problem I had with the bandits and human factions in SoC was the grindy hostility. Need more socially tense situations that could break into a fight to death than shoot-on-sight gameplay.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Not certain that's what I want, maybe only ultra late game. I want ghetto tier modifications and busted and makeshift guns, not too much tacticool shit.

While there is evidently a bunch of tacticool late game shit, you do start out with builing some frankenstein ass guns.

Early weapons are things like scuffed civillian style semi automatic AKs that don't even have a dust cover on top of the gun or a buttstock.

FB5M5Er.jpg

Last edited:

ur dad

Literate
Definitely hope there will be more interiors to explore. Too many locked doors in the original games.
It would be neat if they let us chop up old, wooden doors with a fire-axe or break open safes and metal doors with a crowbar ala Condemned: Criminal Origins.
A working stealth system would be nice too.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Remind me, are we talking about the Metro people?

They couldn't even do a straight forward popamole shooter right, what makes them think they can actually get a Stalker done properly?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom