Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is confirmed

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by ESh, May 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    Not certain that's what I want, maybe only ultra late game. I want ghetto tier modifications and busted and makeshift guns, not too much tacticool shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. cherry blossom Arcane

cherry blossom
    The problem I had with the bandits and human factions in SoC was the grindy hostility. Need more socially tense situations that could break into a fight to death than shoot-on-sight gameplay.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Steezus Learned Patron

Steezus
    While there is evidently a bunch of tacticool late game shit, you do start out with builing some frankenstein ass guns.

Early weapons are things like scuffed civillian style semi automatic AKs that don't even have a dust cover on top of the gun or a buttstock.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. ur dad Literate

ur dad
    Definitely hope there will be more interiors to explore. Too many locked doors in the original games.
    It would be neat if they let us chop up old, wooden doors with a fire-axe or break open safes and metal doors with a crowbar ala Condemned: Criminal Origins.
    A working stealth system would be nice too.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014

• Fabulously Optimistic x 3
    • cool story bro x 2
    • Despair x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    inb4 early access

• M: M: x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Invictus Arcane The Real Fanboy

Invictus
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Epic store exclusive for sure

• Agree x 4
    • Despair x 2
    • Excited! x 2
    • decline x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    Remind me, are we talking about the Metro people?

They couldn't even do a straight forward popamole shooter right, what makes them think they can actually get a Stalker done properly?

• FAKE NEWS x 2
    • WTF am I reading x 2
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Space Satan Arcane

Space Satan
    This is such a blatant fraud it hurts

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  10. HeatEXTEND Cipher Patron

HeatEXTEND
    Just checked, not the metro guys. Don't scare people like that :outrage:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. typical user Learned

typical user
    I'm gonna eat kielbasa and drink my Zywiec on my first playthrough. I am also going to listen to carefully selected hardbass tracks on my custom playlist while on my way to buy the game and during the installation process.

Otherwise it won't be pure experience.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    I wish them the best of luck.

^ Top  
  13. Jiggy Boobles Destiny Cleanser Patron

Jiggy Boobles
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    It's GSC Game World, original cheeki breeki developers of the first game. OPA!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Alexander DeLarge Learned

Alexander DeLarge
    It being GSC Game World means fuck-all for better or worse (hopefully better this time considering EVERYONE left). Each game has had such wildly different development teams it's amazing they turned out so good.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

https://www.pcgamer.com/stalker-2-is-a-new-project-that-isnt-based-on-the-cancelled-game/

• incline incline x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Crispy Who's really in charge here? Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

Crispy
    Get back here, stalker.

• Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    Looks like they are serious.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. luj1 You're all shills

luj1
    1) questions are very general (reveal nothing) or shockingly dumb. Will stalker have co-op? How many people work on the soundtrack? Wtf?
    2) answers reek of decline, badly... very big team/"high quality AAA"/original creators left.... you can tell the focus will be on assets/technology/visuals over gameplay depth

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    ^ Top  
  19. Curratum Arbiter

Curratum
    Don't be fucking stupid. Original Stalker games have the gameplay "depth" of a puddle. It's just that the shooting and atmospherics feel great.

• retadred retadred x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. cretin Educated

cretin
    if you consider the gameplay of STALKER to be a puddle then I'd love to see what you consider a deep FPS. The systems in STALKER actually have a good amount of depth, they are just implemented in a very subtle manner to the point where a lot of players arent even aware of the many different things going on.

Additionally, of all the things that feel great in the STALKER series, the shooting is not one of them. I wouldnt regard it as a positive for the series at all, it has/had merely serviceable tac-shooter mechanics.

• butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Curratum Arbiter

Curratum
    There are no deep fps games. The purpose of the genre is to be fast, thrilling and fun, not to have Deus Ex mechanics and depth. STALKER is a mixed bag of genres, I wouldn't call it a straightforward FPS. The action is often much slower paced than your average FPS and there are occasional elements of horror and a peppering of survival, even in the base games without bullshit like Misery tacked on.

I know a wee bit about modding STALKER myself, I have made what I like to think is a very serviceable compilation of minimods for CoC and making everything compatible as well as making further tweaks required quite a bit of poking around. I'd say I'm fairly familiar with the mechanics and the engine and I still wouldn't call that "depth", as to me depth usually equals complicated systems that the player has to juggle and actively exploit. The artifact hunting, juggling and the RPG stat aspect of them is the closest STALKER comes to what I'd call "depth".

I'm not implying the game is dull because it's not deep, I wouldn't spend 100 hours poking around files and manually resizing shell casing sprites if I didn't enjoy or find the series likeable. I just wouldn't use the word "deep", as to me it has other implications in a first-person game.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. cretin Educated

cretin
    Fair enough. It just reads as a criticism, which seems out of place considering the genre as you say.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    Vanilla Stalker shooting is ass. If you install some mod on it, only then does it get good. Stalker's gameplay has depth in the sense that you are usually allowed to approach situations in your own style, you could stealth in and pick them off one by one with a suppressed pistol, or you could snipe them down from afar with a sniper, and the straight forward assault with grenades and an assault rifle is always there as well. The reason why it was done well in Stalker is because the developers never forced it on you once, you only had the location and rarely if any information about it which meant you had to scout around yourself.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)