Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Sands of Space - sci-fi turn-based RPG (in development)

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
The Cistercians of TRAPPIST-1 are brewers of malt beers, lucky the black archaeologist crashed there.

dec6cd6583b87682a12bc71ecea05a05.jpg

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The interface looks slick for an indie and the music is good too. A little bit of polish on the 3d models and you might really have something worth a damn here.

Ocelot

Learned
I like what I see.

TRAPPIST-1 h is the name of a real earth-sized planet, by the way. I've never seen any of these planets being referenced before.

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Make the Codex Great Again!
Hi guys!

First of all thanks for supporting!

Well, as I told earlier all this time I have been working on a code behind. And right now, I finished most of all basic game mechanics that all rpg games must have.
Just quick status of my work:

1. Quick responsive on player action. I really don’t like games with a bad response
2. Pick up objects, drop objects from inventory, etc. UI of inventory still in progress
3. 'Fog of war' and dithered transparency of NPC who is not in the visible range of the player
4. A lot of work with pathfinding and bug fixes. So right now, all "remote" pick up objects and falling throw the textures in a past!
5. Mechanics of psy attack. The vfx in the video is temporary and it will be changed. It's just for test right now

Here is the video. I used booooring test location. And that's only for the one reason - show the progress.

From now on I have started working on visual part - models, arts, concepts, animation, sounds, vfx and other cool things!
And here you can see the first concept one of the Power Armor - "Kernet":

Kernet_lore2.png

Futuristics car's (pictures are so big so only here links):

It was designed by https://kvaksagon.deviantart.com art artist!

Also, the new UI, decals are already in progress.

In the next update I will tell more about characteristcs, perks, levels and combat details

Thanks!

norolim

Arcane
How did this stay under my radar. Sci-fi+cyberpunk+turn-based is the best combination I can think of. You have my attention dmonin

BTW, is TRAPPIST-1h the final name of the planet or just temporary? Cause if your setting really is "alternative future of the 1980s", using names of planets that were discovered and named in 2017 doesn't make much sense. It's just a suggestion, but if I were you, I'd forget the wikipedia names and get creative.

Note that TRAPPIST-1h is also, in a way, a temporary name derived from the name of the star the planet orbits. I'm guessing, if we ever find a way to visit all those systems, and someone orbits/lands on TRAPPIST-1h or Gliese 581c the "technical" names will be replaced with something more "personal".

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Thanks for bump and support!

Still in progress. Right now I'm working on props, new locations etc.

BTW, is TRAPPIST-1h the final name of the planet or just temporary? Cause if your setting really is "alternative future of the 1980s", using names of planets that were discovered and named in 2017 doesn't make much sense. It's just a suggestion, but if I were you, I'd forget the wikipedia names and get creative.

Yep. Actually it's only a reference where action will be. When the most of work will be done I will post more details.

I really hate to post only screenshots or arts so in next few weeks I'm gonna post vid with updates.

beep.png

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For the life of me I can't understand why someone would name a planet Trappist. Is it a planet of traps or a planet of trappers?

Ocelot

Learned
For the life of me I can't understand why someone would name a planet Trappist. Is it a planet of traps or a planet of trappers?

Worse than that. It's named after a telescope in Chile (Transiting Planets and Planetesimals Small Telescope).

Imagine living on that planet and learning in middle school that your entire world is named after a small telescope that used to be on some faraway piss-poor latin american country that's only good for exporting copper.

Hellenic and Roman planet names should be obligatory by international/intergalactic law IMO.

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Thanks guys for your support!

And new props!

console_handler_normal_IRAY_crop.png

monitor_IRAY_crop.png

console_handler_broken_IRAY_crop.png

outside_lighter_render_2_IRAY_crop.png

outside_lighter_render_IRAY_crop.png

block_1_IRAY_crop.png

block_IRAY_crop.png

Wires are personal hell for me. Really hard to model them.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Looks good, and the PC model has a hint of Crusader about it too.

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Looks good, and the PC model has a hint of Crusader about it too.

Thanks! Do my best!

I have reworked the UI. I guess it's better now. Much better...

profile.png

invenotry_ui.png

Also you can see my draft of base abilities and skills. It's *not* a final yet and could be changed. But I can say for sure no Charisma will be.

You know, in general - the concept of ‘Charisma’, as for me, quite loose. If one of the person is considered charismatic for a couple of others, then it's not a fact that he will be charismatic for everyone else. With these thoughts, I decided to add such a thing as - the archetype. And now a little bit more details – how this parameter will change a role-playing component of the game.

At the moment I’m planning to introduce seven archetypes:

1. Cop
2. Corporate
3. Dealer
4. Techie
5. Nomad
6. Solo
7. Anarchist

On these archetypes will be based mechanics of how other NPC will relate to the player. For example, playing as an Anarchist type, the player will feel strong pressure from local 'cops' (I mean local representative of the law). But at the same time, the player will be easier to communicate with the underground. This will bring the variability of the getting the quests and completing them.

Small demo: different archetypes can get the same quest 'Find a murderer of Lora' in the city Dark Water's Peak but its gonna be in different ways

1. Cop archetype, with positive karma, gets a quest from sheriff to find a murderer of a local prostitute - this is the role of a good cop.
2. Anarchist archetype, with any karma, will be arrested on suspicion of the murder, and he has to escape from the prison and prove his own innocence - this is the role of a scam/punk.
3. If player has negative karma and Cop archetype, then he gets this quest only by finding important clues or information about it - this is the role of a bad cop.

And here, I guess, comes the question: there are will be some quests that are available to this or that archetype? The answer is – not exactly, but there will be certain nuances: if the main character is Nomad but has high Repair skill, then the probability of getting the quest 'Repair of the air purifier' in Vetrograd is very high.

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Hi guys!

Yet another share about the game mechanics. As you can see there two progress bar next to the player picture - red one and violet one. So the violet one is a IFS indicator. Whats this mean? Survival, mf, it is!

That's my from my WIKI:

Game mechanics and specification\Progress bar ‘IFS’ - additional factor affecting on the combat

Name: IFS stats which characterizes the ‘morale’ – player’s intoxication, fatigue and so on
Value: from 0 to 1 fractional. For example: 0.01, 0.15 and so on
Description: IFS Intoxication/Fatigue/Spirit

This stat grows up with multiple battles without rest, when receiving damage from heavy weapons (grenades, machine gun, etc.) and also from taking any painkillers that raise health during the combat (intoxication). Its growth is affected by almost everything that does not calls as 'peaceful' actions. The higher value then chances of getting a critical action is higher (fall, or drop weapons, shoot yourself in the leg). Also, the probability of a miss will increase.

Can be removed only by going to the Doctor or by using stats 'Medicine', sleep-rest, gambling, relaxing with girls (or boys as you wish) or by using medbot camera.

And WIP - one of the details of buildings. Those heads will be on corners of some buildings . I think it's gonna be more interesting. So I'm planning a lot of statues.

aradesh.png
aradesh_2.png

Bocian

Arcane
I thought I couldn't get any harder. You've got my money if you ever decide to do a fundraiser or a kickstarter - even if I usually don't back stuff.
Also...
aradesh.png
= :prosper:?

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Thanks!

Well, right now I don't have any plans to run any crowdfunding. It's too early and I'm living in country that doesn't work with Kickstarter. Also I have no name in a game development. Nobody trust such persons like me I guess :) A lot of projects like "another-fallout-game" were some kind of fraud unfortunately.

So, I decided to create playable teaser at first. Like small part of the game - full mechanics and 9-10 locations. For free of course. After will see. But I'm going to do full game anyway.

And small update! New props. No 'living' monitors yet. But it will be. Right now I'm working on it.

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom