Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Savage: The Shard of Gosen - 2D action/platforming adventure with RPG elements - now on Early Access

PrettyDeadman

After finally getting out of the bear dungeon, I began running into places where I can't reach certain areas. Either they're gated off, or I need double/wall jump.
A thief told me about thief tools being in one of the starter caves, but it's probably in an area I can't reach. Smith told me about smithing tools in a bandit fort, but I didn't find them there.

I think I might wait for a patch that adds the mapping system, and adjusts drop rates and/or fixes favour. I'm stuck at -15 favour and get almost no meat drops, so healing's out unless I buy a ton of it at the witch lady.
How'd you get that low??? Do you permamently lose favor when you die?
I am currently at 15 favour (looks like its the max for a stat), there is a cell in first dungeon which drops infinite favors..
It seems like the game has only 2 hours of content so far (

Last edited by a moderator:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I think it depends on how you're rushing through. I've not seen everything in the EA and I'm over 8 hours already.

And yes, I think you do lose favour when you die. Also when you use fetishes, apparently.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How do I get an outfit in this game? The Smith at the border village just chewed me out for entering his joint in my Savage undies.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Sometimes they drop from enemies, but iirc I found some in chests, or on skeletons etc. I entered the village in "hide clothes", which allowed me to pretend I was a hunter or whatever, not a runaway slave.
Then I found iron armour in one of the dungeons.
(also the smith for sure sells armour)

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
http://www.planettobor.com/savage-devlog/2019/9/13/early-access-mega-post

IMPORTANT: Before getting into this, I sent keys out to all Kickstarter backers in September of 2016!! PLEASE let me know if you didn't get your key! I've been contacted by a few of you who never got your Steam keys, so I'm worried there are a few of you left who haven't!

Hey everyone, Matt here, coming out of the grind cave for another update! Apologies for the lack of any news across EVERYTHING - it's been a pretty heavy grind to get the game where it is now, and I generally am not very good at finding a solid work/news update balance. So, apologies for keeping so quiet.

I was very unsure about Early Access, but I started to change my mind once some very kind people started asking me to make the game available in that capacity, so they could support the game and get a copy at the same time. It also helps get more eyeballs on the game that I wouldn't have otherwise, and all the extra help is greatly appreciated.

Speaking of which, thank you VERY much for all of the bug reports, feedback and critiques; this stuff is going to help me turn Savage into a MUCH better game.

All of the support across Kickstarter, early backers and the current round of Early Access has just about floored me. It is surreal and I am humbled by it, and very grateful. Thank you!!

That being said, let's talk about the game, what's currently in it, what didn't make it, and what's coming up in future content updates.

01---What%27s-In-Early-Access.png

• 50 - 60% of dungeon and area content

• New title screen!!

• Brand new dialogue system

• “Perk” system finally implented with UI and unlockable perks

• Alchemy and cooking!

• Recipes for alchemy/cooking, tons of new materials, ingredients and consumables

• General polish and lots of bug fixes
01+-+Worldmap_Current_Areas.png

The currently accessible landmass!

01+-+New-Title-Screen.gif

The title screen got a significant upgrade!

01---New-Dialogue-System.png

The new dialogue system is all drawn dynamically based on it's content, has a brand new "response" window that can hold up to 11 responses, and each response can potentially be a skill check against your four primary stats (with success and failure outcomes)!

01---Perk-System.png

Leveling up gear and/or items to level 3 "masters" that item -- NOW you have a nice fancy UI and menu system showing you what you've unlocked across several categories!

01---Cooking-and-Alchemy.png

Alchemy and cooking are now a thing! Experiment by adding ingredients and materials to one, or all of the three available slots with a chance of creating a powerful potion, a rare crafting material, or simply cooking your raw meat to yield better healing results.

01---Consumables.png

Lots of new materials, ingredients and consumables have been added!

02---What%27s-Coming.png

• Increased inventory limits - “infinite space” for mats/consumables

• Upgrades for weapon/shield and armor inventory space

• Map system (probably via crafting and/or vendor)

• “Journal” entry moved to the main character menu

• Buffs and debuffs to go along with new consumables

• More Forge functionality - Repair, Improve, Salvage and Lore

• Picking up weapons and armor method and “Discard” in inventory

• Stat balancing (damage, HP, BP gain, drop rates)

• Animations for new consumables, more perks

• Recipe UI for discovered recipes and MORE recipes

• More music - variety for individual areas
03---What%27s-Coming_Extras.png

04---Coming-Months.png

03+-+Worldmap_Future_Areas.png

The remaining areas that will receive big juicy content updates - including ship travel!

05---Patch-Notes-1.png

• Fixed giving Morth ore if you only had 1 ore to give

• Losech’s dialogue now triggers automatically

• Fixed pickup info appearing twice for “Gal’vek’s Remains”

• Fixed Hem dialogue crashing game if he is sad

• Fixed Grethelde not remembering if you spoke to her or not

• Fixed Reylhast not remembering if you spoke to him or not

• Fixed Blacksmith crashing game if you chose certain dialogue

• Fixed NPC dialogue objects remaining after NPC went hostile or was killed

• Added alchemy and cooking

• New title screen with new images and sound effects!

• Fixes to green arrows in UI comparison windows

• 9 sliced UI for dialogues to allow dynamic window sizes

• Fixed Maginoch not spawning and crashing the game during optional boss scenario

• Rewrote and fixed logic for dialogue system

• Sped up the disclaimer at game start

• Brand new dialogue window to display multiple choices

• New dialogue choices for Skillchecks (Might, Resolve, Cunning and Favor)

• Dialogue system now allows for up to 11 choices

• Fixed a bug where the “shift” key would show up as “A” key when remapping controls

• Updated mouse sprites for the UI (left click, middle mouse, right click, etc.)

• New “typewriter” dialogue sound effect that can be pitch shifted

• New “success” dialogue skill check sound effect

• New “fail” dialogue skill check sound effect

• Fixed falling hazards crashing game if colliding with player’s shield if player didn’t exist

• Fixed several vendor bugs where values were not rounding correctly, causing other issues when interacting with shops, crafting and alchemy

• Certain NPC dialogue sets updated with optional skillcheck entries

• LOTS of new materials, potions and consumables for use in a variety of ways

• New recipes for alchemy and cooking

• Better gear info and comparison screen with stat icons showing scaling effects and requirements for your stats, also for vendor screens

• Fixed a bug where vendor screens were drawing player inventory information in both buy and sell modes

• Fixed a bug where if you were equipped with a shield in the intro and viewed the prison capture cinematic, the game would crash when loading the main character into cell

• New shield revamped “HITS” system with visible shield hit bar on the HUD
05---Hotfixes-3.png

• Fixed 16:10 aspect ratio crashing the game when starting a new game in the name entry screen

• Fixed parallax layers and background layers drawing correctly for 16:10

• Fixed visuals for 16:10 title screen

• Fixed being outside room boundaries where no room is assigned for the compass object crashing the game

• Fixed mouse cursor positions for menus in 16:10

• Fixed scaling and tile drawing issues in 16:10

• Fixed drawing water FX in video options menu

• Fixed eating/drinking consumables from the items menu soft-locking the player

• Fixed picking up throwing dirks and hurlbats giving you “+0”

• Fixed hurlbats dropping below 0 quantity

• UPDATE DIRECT X if the game crashes due to water FX or weather FX!!

• Removed ship docks (they were accidentally left active)

• Added a few materials and other items to loot tables for currently available enemies

• Death fully restores HP once respawning at a checkpoint

• Favor subtracts much slower on death

• Improved base drop rates when killing items, destroying objects like crates and opening mundane chests

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So I started a new game, broke out of jail without bothering about the other slaves, and when I went in later they were all dead!
Holy shit.

Neanderthal brother you gotta try this by the way.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
He does - you can lift crates, stone blocks, even corpses of enemies, and throw them at other enemies. (or spikes, traps etc.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom