Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Sawyer takes over NWN2 development

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Sawyer took MCAs job on fallout 3 and MCA was promised by Uncle Furgus that he would be the lead on FO3. I don't know how JE Sawyer is able to get project lead on games when his past experience includes IWD series and like 2 canceled games. He also got pretty close with romero when he was with Midway.

I don't hate you JE, but you just seem like a tricky dicky.

J.E. Sawyer

Obsidian Entertainment
Developer
POOPERSCOOPER said:
Sawyer took MCAs job on fallout 3 and MCA was promised by Uncle Furgus that he would be the lead on FO3. I don't know how JE Sawyer is able to get project lead on games when his past experience includes IWD series and like 2 canceled games. He also got pretty close with romero when he was with Midway.
No I didn't. Chris was the Lead Designer on F3 and I was the Lead Technical Designer. After The Black Hound was canceled, I didn't want to be a full lead. I only became the Lead Designer on F3 after Chris left.

I would have to be the smoothest operator in the world to dupe multiple teams/companies into making me a lead designer in spite of apparent incompetence.

And it's been pretty obvious that you've hated me for about two+ years.

Seven

Erudite
J.E. Sawyer said:
POOPERSCOOPER said:
No I didn't. Chris was the Lead Designer on F3 and I was the Lead Technical Designer. After The Black Hound was canceled, I didn't want to be a full lead. I only became the Lead Designer on F3 after Chris left.

I would have to be the smoothest operator in the world to dupe multiple teams/companies into making me a lead designer in spite of apparent incompetence.

That said, it is pretty funny (not haha funny, but funny in the coincidental sense of the word) that most of the projects that you work on either turn out shitty or get cancelled, do you feel jinxed? I mean, I'm still pretty pissed about IWD 2.

Section8

Cipher
That said, it is pretty funny (not haha funny, but funny in the coincidental sense of the word) that most of the projects that you work on either turn out shitty or get cancelled, do you feel jinxed? I mean, I'm still pretty pissed about IWD 2.

Wow, that's a loaded statement if ever I saw one.

I think he deserves a bit more credit than that. "Most of the projects (he) worked on" were as part of the crew on a sinking ship. I'd say the biggest "jinx" affecting those projects was Interplay.

As for the Gauntlet <whatever the fuck it was called> thing, I don't really know a great deal about it, but my impression is that JE had ambitions for the game that exceeded Midway's own vision. I can't really fault the guy for that.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Vault Dweller said:
Come on, people, give Josh a fucking break. If you disagree with his designs, argue, but cut the personal attacks out.
Shutup pansy. Some people are busy trying to attack developers over here!

Oh hell, you're all cunts.

Fact of the day: JE Sawyer really stands for Jinxed Evil Sawyer. AHAHAHA. I crack me up.

Twinfalls

Erudite
Section8 said:
As for the Gauntlet <whatever the fuck it was called> thing, I don't really know a great deal about it, but my impression is that JE had ambitions for the game that exceeded Midway's own vision. I can't really fault the guy for that.

He had ambitions that exceeded Midway's focus group of teenagers from an Idaho mall, probably.

Midway are a bunch of stupid fuckers. They bought up Australia's Ratbag Studios for millions of dollars, and then shut the whole thing down 3 months later and put the IP in the grave, forcing 70 people out of work in the process.

merry andrew

Erudite
Seven said:
I'm still pretty pissed about IWD 2.
That's cuz you suck. I invested a lot of time into making a suitable party for that game which helped to make it one of my most memorable experiences.

gromit

Arcane
J.E. Sawyer said:

Awww... I still love ya, Ropey :D

Seven

Erudite
Wow, that's a loaded statement if ever I saw one.

I think he deserves a bit more credit than that. "Most of the projects (he) worked on" were as part of the crew on a sinking ship. I'd say the biggest "jinx" affecting those projects was Interplay.

Hey quit ruining my fun--with no RPG's these days harassing developers is all I have left.

That's cuz you suck. I invested a lot of time into making a suitable party for that game which helped to make it one of my most memorable experiences.

News Flash, IWD 2 sucks monkey balls. Let me guess, was the cave or hook horrors memorable, or was it all of the stupid puzzles or maybe it was the Cheese in the end battle--Oh, Oh, I know it was the lucklustre plot? Choices, choices, choices, which will you choose?

LlamaGod

Cipher
JE Sawyer is better at making forum posts on Something Awful than he is at making videogames
aiee.gif

merry andrew

Erudite
Seven said:
the Cheese in the end battle
You nailed it. My cleric lady died in the final battle. She had the choice to Heal herself or my monk, and she healed the monk and then the bad people died and so did she.

I cried :cry:

elander_

Arbiter
Wasn't Ferret the guy who said in an interview that rpgs should be linear just like books? The guy is a pansy. Im glad ANYONE else is taking is place.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
This thread represents everything good and bad about the Codex. Non stop hilarity and cringe inducing douchery. Hmm, on second thought maybe this thread represents everything that is good and great about this board!

JE's all right. I hope he didn't take too much of this shit seriously.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom