Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline School Girl Zombie Hunter - proof that Japan is still awesome!!!

Ebonsword

Arcane

Stumbled across this game today. Holy Christ, does it look awesome!

I'm already a fan of both squad-based zombie shooters and wacky Japanese games, so combining the two was destined to get my attention.

The best part has to be that you can use your used underwear as a decoy to distract male zombies. God, I love Japan!

I may end up buying a PS4 just for this...

Ebonsword

Arcane
Gameplay videos for this have started to appear (I think it was released in Japan this week).

Sadly, it looks somewhat mindless and repetitive. Although, about 54 minutes in, there's a mission where you seemingly have to defend a room from onrushing hordes of zombies that looks a little more interesting.

Malpercio

Arcane
Do you guys know exhentai exists, these games usually have very shitty gameplay.

Ebonsword

Arcane
I picked this up yesterday! So far, I've played about four hours.

I was so hoping that this game would be good...

...and, so far, it is!

They did a lot of things right with this game (from my perspective).

(1) The characters play differently. This is a big deal for me. One of the reasons I got bored with Left 4 Dead so quickly is because the characters all play exactly the same. In SGZH, though, the characters have small, but significant, differences. The main differences are (a) each girl has a different special power (one girl can see special objects, another is super agile, another can heal, etc.) and (b) each girl has a different melee attack (I haven't played around with these too much, though).

(2) Lots of unlockables. There seems to be a huge variety of different guns, costumes, and items to unlock. So, you always feel like you have a reason to keep playing.

(3) Good variety of missions. I was pleased to see that the missions don't just consist solely of "kill every zombie on the map". There are missions like that, but there are also missions where you just have to get to a certain location, or collect a certain number of items, or defend a location for a certain period of time, etc. And sometimes you're alone, sometimes you have a partner, and sometimes all five girls are together on the missions.

(4) Good variety of enemies. For the first few missions, you're only fighting super-slow zombies who are easily mowed down by the dozen. And you'll find yourself thinking "this is going to get boring REALLY fast". But then they quickly introduce fast-moving zombies, huge zombies with tons of hit points, zombies with guns, zombies that explode when they die, etc. So far, it's really kept things interesting.

(5) Characters can use any firearm. Based on some of the screenshots I'd seen, I was concerned that each girl would only be able to use a certain type of weapon (handgun, shotgun, assault rifle, etc.). However, each of the girls can use any of the weapons you unlock. Plus, they can carry up to five weapons into a mission and switch between them at any time. So, if you find a girl with a power that you like, you're not stuck using a suboptimal firearm.​

Of course, things aren't perfect. The controls aren't the best (although, I'm getting more used to them). And neither are the animations (but they're not terrible, either). And I wish that the girls had a bit more variety in what they say during combat (having them shout the exact same line everytime they reload is already getting a bit annoying).

But, so far, I'm glad I bought this.

Last edited:

Ebonsword

Arcane
HA HA! I just found this pic from the original Japanese launch of the game. I wonder how this would go down in the West?

l_57dc4ab113b4a-noscale.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom