Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Looks cool. How does CoE4 compare to Dominions 5? I know they're by the same people.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
CoE is lot simpler and has a lot less content (which is still a LOT of content), but it plays much, much faster than Dominions. Plus aside from fighting vs AI and other human players, neutral units play a big role throughout the game in CoE, with lots of roaming creatures attacking your locations, new ones spawn in places like bandit lairs and ancient woods, sometimes special monsters invade from hades, inferno or the void. IMO, Dominions has better lore and stuff but CoE plays better.

Citizen

The first of the Four Horsemen of Apocalypse has been unleashed upon Elysium (Pestilence I think).

Simplified dominions battle system (basically the same, but you have no control of formations and dont give initial orders) + HoMM style strategic map. You move armies that MUST be controlled by a hero, defend your base and compete with neutral armies and other players for objectives on map, that provide you with additional recruits/gold/resources/etc. There's no basebuilding and recruitable army roster is pretty limited for most classes, but there are lots of cool summons

So yeah, robust HoMM on steroids + simplified dominions battle system with no control at all over your units (even indirect control from dominions is gone)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
This game's pacing is pretty meh.

glqTR4r.jpg

I kept wanting to speed things up because the first planet is awful, but there's not much to do but to beeline for the linear quest.
The fact that party members kept blocking my path outside combat adds to the frustration.

38hVWfb.jpg

Crashed as I fought yet another pack of rakghouls.
I don't think I'll ever finish the first planet.

At one point I was at some gang's hideout and there were 4 locked doors that were impossible to break despite me putting all my points on Security from Level 1.

Well, that's your game design decision then? Railroaded shit like this is a downer after playing New Vegas.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
This game's pacing is pretty meh.

glqTR4r.jpg

I kept wanting to speed things up because the first planet is awful, but there's not much to do but to beeline for the linear quest.
The fact that party members kept blocking my path outside combat adds to the frustration.

38hVWfb.jpg

Crashed as I fought yet another pack of rakghouls.
I don't think I'll ever finish the first planet.

At one point I was at some gang's hideout and there were 4 locked doors that were impossible to break despite me putting all my points on Security from Level 1.

Well, that's your game design decision then? Railroaded shit like this is a downer after playing New Vegas.
Yeah Kotor's first couple areas are really long corridors with a lot of backtracking for quests and unlike the sequel they didn't have the decency to let you have forcespeed from the start, remembering that is what keeps me from doing something illogical like replaying it.

Vatnik Wumao
eVsuXiN.jpg

Absolute chad. Going to go for The Perfect Knight bloodline for the mad lad by expanding further into the Balkans and maybe launching a crusade against Byzantium.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
'Pls. Can you help me... My husband died and I need credits. I can sell you this hunting trophy. It's worth at least 500 credits.'
'[Persuade] OK...I'll buy it. For half the price.'
'[Successful] Oh... What choice do I have? OK then, I'll take the credits.'

Canderous: DA WEAK FEAR DA STRONG RAH RAH RAH

20191210213340_1.jpg

It's got nothing to do with that!

Mission: You BULLY!

20191210213344_1.jpg

I *BARGAINED* FOR IT. SHE ACCEPTED!

Bioware: YOU BAD MAN YOU DARK JEDI

20191210213352_1.jpg

:lol:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Black The Fall

Very good mix of a platform and puzzle game. For most of the time we use a special laser pointer that can be used to do many things, such as moving elevator, opening doors. Plus the usual levers and handles as well. The difficulty is really well balanced and for most of the time after a couple of tries most people shouldn't have big problems. And even if we die, the autosaves are so frequent that it doesn't hurt so much. What is interesting, is that the developers used 2.5D mechanics in some instances. My first example is good old Pandemonium duology. Even if you aren't familiar with it, adapting is really easy, and there are some riddles that are focusing on that aspect.

Nice, simple graphics with melancholic music and at the end my suspicions regarding the plot were actually true. I liked the reference from Another World, and the small tribute to Larian. Oh, and we meet a robot doggie during our journey who is really adorable :shittydog:. Thanks again Catacombs for the game.

blackthefall2019-12-1lek5z.jpg

blackthefall2019-12-03wk2j.jpg

blackthefall2019-12-04nkie.jpg

blackthefall2019-12-1boj1f.jpg

blackthefall2019-12-1fqkf8.jpg

blackthefall2019-12-1ojjl8.jpg

blackthefall2019-12-15pkni.jpg

blackthefall2019-12-1oskb0.jpg

Citizen

:lol::lol::lol:
iubHFo.png

That sounds like a lot of work lmao :D

Edited: itz AI dungeon 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Citizen

- *hits blunt* So it like a ww1 game okay yeah
- *hits blunt too* whoa
- but there are ghosts and shiet, and a dragon that bodyslams planes into the ground
- whoa

iuxfhD.png

iuG64b.png

Now that is a visual clutter!

Edited: itz Necrovision

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm amazed about how much cruft we have in our computing stack. Though all that cruft makes the barrier of entry to programming much, much lower, so more people can write code. You end up with a text based game eating 4 cores and 8GB of ram though :D.

Citizen

I'm amazed about how much cruft we have in our computing stack. Though all that cruft makes the barrier of entry to programming much, much lower, so more people can write code. You end up with a text based game eating 4 cores and 8GB of ram though :D.

To be fair it's a neural net generated text adventure, so I knew it would be CPU heavy. But the devs "recommend" a cuda supported GPU with at least 12 GB memory for a comfortable perfomance :lol:

Edited: More necrovision

iD2dh9.png

Nation of underground vampires interrupts WW1 to build an army of undead to retrieve the ancient mechascorpion to fight the army of demons threatening the earth? This game is a definition of over the top, but I like it :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom