Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Screenshot thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by potatojohn, May 21, 2012.

1. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Trannie suicide rates are really ramping up...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    [​IMG]

Replayed Silent Hill 4, the last japanese SH game.

Back in 2004 some folk called this game all kind of bad names because it was too detached from previous three games. Limited inventory, backtracking, focus on melee combat, way higher difficulty, no flashlight because everything is well lit, weird plot and absence of titular town - people even started spreading false rumors that SH4 was supposed to be a different game and was reworked into SH after Konami request. The truth is that the game was simply experimental - devs tried to do something new instead of rehashing (let's be honest, SH1-2-3 are way too similar in their designs, and gameplay-wise were literally clones).

Probably my favorite game in series due to its surrealistic and schizophrenic atmosphere.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Kabas Savant Patron

Kabas
    Hylics - i would say a typical rpg maker nonsense if not for.. well, you can feed your bathroom cockroaches here and they will gift you items as thanks.
    [​IMG]
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Perimeter - i
    for one reject our spirit overlords and i think we all should go back
    [​IMG]
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    Pathologic 2: incredible title. completely spent by the end. looking forward to Marble Nest DLC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Brofist x 8
    • Prestigious x 2
    • nice x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Lukrame Learned

Lukrame
    Assassination complete!
    [​IMG]

• nice x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. warpig Incel Resistance Leader Manlet

warpig
    CUTE XD

^ Top  
  8. Beowulf Liturgist

Beowulf
    But is it really a screenshot?
    Looks more like a photo of your screen, with everything being blurry and not really in focus ...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Stokowski Arcane

Stokowski
    IIRC that's how you advance the story?

^ Top  
  10. Vorark Arbiter

Vorark
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yeah pal, I also hate the cat puns.

[​IMG]

Shit cat loli, kill it with fire. Capcom sure did pander to the weebs in this game.

[​IMG]

When I tried MHXX back in the 3DS, I didn't even notice the giant skull.

[​IMG]

Chad Charge Blade!

[​IMG]

:happytrollboy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Why is this cat looking so attentively at Arzuros' junk?

Show Spoiler
    Monster Hunter Double Cross (MHXX) on Citra + wip texture pack (kudos to Perkel & team) at 4x internal resolution, plays just fine. Shame I cannot get into this game at all, maybe it's the shameless asset recycling going on: been there, done that since the PSP days...

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Wait, there's skooma in Monster hunter?

^ Top  
  12. Vorark Arbiter

Vorark
    Nah, I just named the cat skooma.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Kitty Kitty x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Outlander Custom Tags Are For Fags. Patron

Outlander
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    Dropped this game a while ago, trying to finish it off.

[​IMG]

• Brofist x 2
    • nice x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I oughta finish it someday too. It's not even hard.

^ Top  
  15. Citizen Scholar

Citizen
    The fuck is this, fallout 4?

• Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Mad Max. I got bored pretty quickly. Played about 3 hours tops.

• Agree Agree x 5
    ^ Top  
  17. Mark Richard Arcane

Mark Richard
    Briefly mentioned this some time ago on the 'What game are you wasting time on?' thread. Surviving Mars has a glacial pace, and my colony's development is taking hundreds of in-game years. The first major project was a trio of habitats at the base of a mountain, and since then I've expanded to the mineral-rich plateau above.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69

[​IMG]

• Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 3
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Strange Fellow Arcane Patron

Strange Fellow
    Yep. It's a truly gorgeous game, driving around is very pleasant, vehicle combat is unique and fairly entertaining, and I'm a fan of Arkham-like action combat. I should have gotten decent mileage out of it for those reasons, but I didn't. The game is inexplicably super-boring after just two or three hours.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Modron Arcane

Modron
    Inexplicably? Wasn't it from the guys who did the Just Cause series that alone should explain why it was so monotonous.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    [​IMG] Captain! Multiple ships closing in! They intend to give fight!
    [​IMG] Gotowi! Strazelac! Celowac!
    [​IMG]

• Salute Salute x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Endemic Arcane

Endemic
    Month 2 went a lot better, including the terror mission. Unfortunately I didn't recover a live Deep One. Sonic pistols were helpful though - those extra shots really do count, and even weak soldiers can hold them + several grenades/flares.

[​IMG]

In early February I had two operational bases, which greatly increased the number of USOs intercepted.

[​IMG]

Gillmen three months running, and a worse score in the March terror mission... but this time I captured a Deep One by sneaking up on it in a building with a taser. Civilian AI is as suicidal as ever, I barely had time to fan out from the Triton before they were dead.

[​IMG]

With the extra money, I start building another workshop and lab. I'm behind in tech, Lobstermen might show up next month and I have only a few aqua-plastic armour suits ready. I diverted research to the stun bomb\launcher temporarily, since it's more effective than using sonic cannons.

[​IMG]

Sure enough, they do turn up on the first USO I shoot down. I had to abort the mission since I couldn't scratch them, even with multiple sonic pulsers.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 5
    • incline incline x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Aemar Savant

Aemar
    [​IMG]

Stellar Tactics, barely into the prologue. Digging the style though. Combat feels wonky, but the next major patch should seriously improve this aspect.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Blood - The Way Of Ira. Great episode which is still in 0.9 version, but is playable to the end.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • incline incline x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. The Red Knight Scholar

The Red Knight
    Price for Freedom
    [​IMG]
    Contains minor spoilers (open)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The game claims the sex scenes all make sense lore-wise and then a succubus demon suddenly reveals itself midway through the dungeon escape, rapes your hero and forces him to be her slave.
    [​IMG]
    ^I'm getting some rendering bug where things like these happen and most scene transitions (like changing locations or going into/out of battle) may freeze the visuals on the last seen frame, so I didn't feel like playing much further. At least the game heavily autosaves at every opportunity so it doesn't cause you to replay areas or battles.
    [​IMG]
    I'm not sure how the combat works exactly, but through applying the Matsayev's method one can tell that each unit has several body parts (targetting them is sometimes a case of minor pixel hunt) and attacking specific ones repeatedly lowers their armor (armor may block weak attacks completely), and then you balance between applying debuffs and crit damage by maiming them (body part reaches zero HP)...
    [​IMG]
    ... and reaching the state where the enemy gets some death sentence status on a given body part (attacking which will then kill them; I think it's for stuff like heads and vital organs but I wasn't able to reliably replicate it).

You may also see some enemies fighting out of battle, on the map - if you leave them be, eventually one side will kill the other, but you may engage them and get into a three-sided battle.
    [​IMG]
    You get to equip up to five combat skills (+ up to 4 consumables) for each character. The first skill of your hero is upgradeable (currently you can max it in the first dungeon if you find all EXP sources, so it's probably a WIP), the rest you just unlock. There are some defensive skills but they seem underwhelming in comparison with attack ones - there's a powerful jump attack that you can use at any time by just moving two hexes away from the opponent, a power strike dealing consistent high damage, a fast thrust you can pair with some other attack (most attacks end your turn), and a flurry for a weaker attack on multiple limbs simultaneously, and you're already out of skill slots if you get these + the upgradeable skill.

HP appears to regenerate after each battle, but getting heavily wounded or knocked out seems to lower it for all the following battles until the next rest point.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Doggy Doggy x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)