Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

DraQ

Arcane
o9Xxmfb.png
That's the famous swaying bridge IIRC.

spekkio

Arcane
It's time to take out the Loptian trash!

hJbGHex.png

:yeah:

YwvisHp.png

Right... :roll:

74IkIKw.png

:salute:

Mere 7 turns later:

Cs0Du1L.png

3mWeI4W.png

After a couple swings of the Kingmaker:

PoaRrrJ.png

hOJGuXi.png

PX3JDTV.png

Fuck off, Leif and his BRO Seliph will deal with you fags once and for all in FE4... :obviously:

Anyway...

1NG4F4F.png

:incline:

bWA7HPg.png

:cry:

a5iSGyY.png

:bro:

DMXKSQk.png

Rank E? The fuck is this shit?

:decline:

Whatever, let's check the MVPs...

A not so unexpecetd winrar is Fergus, with 137 kills:

tHSgbKG.png

5EJ4F6P.png

xFObgx8.png

2nd place for Orsin, with only one kill less:

eegslFk.png

pLYln9Z.png

:lol:

But anyone who played any old FE game will know, that the REAL winner is always a girl with some shitty sword and bad stats. And skimpy clothes:

hk1gTwk.png

OFHETIH.png

9k8f5EG.png

:love:

Anyway, it's done!

lU6LWaP.png

With the Snes trilogy completed, it's time for me to move on to the GBA and GC era (of decline). Goodnight, sweet prince:

zcn6T6l.png

Beggar

Cipher
My first million of gold as a barbarian. Terrorizing the north with my goathead. In my playthrough most of the faction are wiped out, vampires, rats and chaos factions dominate the world. And the most fun thing is, by the turn 250 heavyweight factions started to show up by wiping out the smaller ones, so ending my turn takes up around 20s :outrage:
cycka.jpg

:bunkertime::evilcodex:

HansDampf

Arcane
HL2 MMod, the Epistles.

Qfo27Xo.jpg

Most gamers don't know this but this was actually the first Walking Simulator, long before Dear Esther was released.
pyN0BXD.jpg

VyNfFKd.jpg

Nice facial animations. These would have worked great in some kind of dialogue system in a first-person RPG.

xbCusQw.jpg

mlxQQHL.jpg

dW47zbu.jpg

9Tn7Sgp.jpg

FTMueAy.jpg

jbKh8rn.jpg

Ac8hM4k.jpg

mf2WZM6.jpg

3m5PetV.jpg

I like the Hunters, but they are too easily dispatched with the Gravity Gun. The game needed an enemy to counter the Gravity Gun. Probably would have been the Advisors in Epistle 3.

Pb5ECA9.jpg

giphy.gif

3aH8DeE.jpg

Smells like freedom.

sFbBD1P.jpg

QquyggA.jpg

25ETTS0.jpg

rkEIhGx.jpg

The final battle is cool.

KnpoHnd.jpg

QOvYCKi.jpg

The End

The mod, well... Most of the graphical enhancements are nice, except the excessive bloom. The best features are the glowing eyes for the Combine, the extended draw distance, and dynamic lights for explosions and stuff. The rest of it is mostly fluff like lens dirt, sprint motion blur, chromatic aberration
rating_prosper.png
, and other crap that adds nothing of value - all optional, at least. There is even an option for FXAA. Why would anyone want to smear FXAA over this game when the engine itself has pretty good built-in AA?
The absolute worst "enhancements" are those that you can't disable, like the improved AI. The good thing is that Combine soldiers can now jump over obstacles. Other than that I didn't notice any difference in behavior. But they've also gained the ability to use the secondary fire mode of the weapon they are carrying. All Combine soldiers that are carrying the AR2 rifle now can shoot those energy balls, which was previously exclusive to the snowmen. Now the only difference between normal Combine soldiers and snowmen is their larger health pool. Similarly, all soldiers that are carrying the SMG can now shoot grenades with its grenade launcher, just like Gordon can, of course. Because that's more realistic? Immersive? I think that's really the main goal of this mod, to make the game more "immersive". But the SMG grenades are so small, hard to see, fast, and are shot without warning that it's hard to predict and dodge them. Not only that, but Combine soldiers will shoot them from a very far distance with pinpoint accuracy, and you won't even realize it until your feet explode. The parts where you have to defend yourself with turrets are so frustrating now, because they get constantly knocked over by SMG grenades. The game is not balanced for this.
One more thing. Gman (the youtuber) recommended to play this mod specifically for the Projectile Bullets option that removes all hitscans and replaces them with simulated bullets that have travel distance, penetration, etc. I don't know why he loves this feature. All it does is make the weapons feel weak like air rifles. And I could swear it also reduces damage, because I've had several instances of regular Combine soldiers surviving a double-shot from the shotgun. Again, the game wasn't made for this.
Overall, this mod is neat for its graphical enhancements, but if you aren't already in the mood to (re)visit HL2 this shouldn't convince you either.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
wMcpOxS.png

Finally finished EXAPUNKS, including the bonus missions and I'm now part of the 0.7%.
Where do I get my Mensa t-shirt from?

spekkio

Arcane
So, being a little burned out when it comes to TB, I've decided to switch to sth more actiony...

ReBop5x.png

kYu1ivi.png

:obviously:

It's time to fight the oppressive patriarchy!

7eiOznx.png

GhqgDzR.png

7IxsoiK.png

bEWQrf9.png

And evil capitalist pigs:

CoZi8ky.png

L7K4DQu.png

TrsuDZb.png

:hmmm:

spekkio

Arcane
I was really surprised when I've heard people calling it "very good metroidvania". Beacuse it looked like a simple platformer to me. But after some hours playing it, I've seen the pink light.

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Max Payne 3

After using the bullet time mode, which behaves like in MP2 my overall experience was much better than for the first time. The gunplay makes it harder, but sometimes I had one time only moments of glory when I just was fighting to survive and managed to leave behind a bunch of corpses. Dodging isn't so good anymore, since you need to get up every time. The only thing that still makes me angry, is the ending part, which feels too constrained and leaves us in a shitty situation. Trying to survive that isn't fun for me.

https://www.nexusmods.com/maxpayne3/mods/6?tab=files

maxpayne32019-10-2610vrj3t.jpg

maxpayne32019-10-2611wakcl.jpg

maxpayne32019-10-2611oukzn.jpg

maxpayne32019-10-26113bjp1.jpg

maxpayne32019-10-26126nk9v.jpg

maxpayne32019-10-2612vej5g.jpg

maxpayne32019-10-2612q1kqv.jpg

maxpayne32019-10-26120nknq.jpg

maxpayne32019-10-2612rcj01.jpg

maxpayne32019-10-261383j9j.jpg

maxpayne32019-10-2615ffk4f.jpg

maxpayne32019-10-261720kzw.jpg

maxpayne32019-10-2617apky6.jpg

maxpayne32019-10-2618tzked.jpg

maxpayne32019-10-2619k6jlx.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
wMcpOxS.png

Finally finished EXAPUNKS, including the bonus missions and I'm now part of the 0.7%.
Where do I get my Mensa t-shirt from?
IZ GUD?

Well, I find this to be the most accessible of the Zachtronics games (and I tried all besides Infinifactory and that erotic novel or whatever it is), which, depending on what you're looking for, might not be a good thing?

But, yeah, I love it.
Cuz it makes me feel teh smart.
In fact I like it so much that I even considered (for a moment) buying it on Steam too just to try the achievements. And I never considered buying anything on Steam before.
Now, after I spend some more time optimizing some of my solutions and hopefully completing a game for the Redshift (in-game "emulator") I want to give Shenzhen I/O yet another try. I started that one like 3 times already, each time getting further but eventually getting stuck. But I might just not have the brian for that one.

Anyway. I definitely recommend it, but I'm just a random retard on the internet.
So, TL;DR: "Demo" it, bro.

DraQ

Arcane
Well, I find this to be the most accessible of the Zachtronics games (and I tried all besides Infinifactory and that erotic novel or whatever it is)
So far I have only played Spacechem (currently at the boss of penultimate planet) and Opus Magnum, the later being much easier (at least in the main story), though quite satisfying.
What erotic novel?
So, TL;DR: "Demo" it, bro.
Too late, already bought a whole bunch of Zachtronics stuff on sale.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
So far I have only played Spacechem (currently at the boss of penultimate planet) and Opus Magnum, the later being much easier (at least in the main story), though quite satisfying.

I don't like Opus Magnum that much. I guess I can't properly visualize all the rotations and movements of the arms so for the more complicated levels I feel like I'm doing more trial&error than actual thinking.
Which is somewhat the case with Spacechem too, I guess.

No such problem with their programming games, though, especially Exapunks. It feels like pure thinking. In fact, I solved many of the levels in my mind when not at the computer.

What erotic novel?

Joking. They released some visual novel for whatever reason. Only thing that would make me try it is that it also has an original Solitaire game built-in (a Zachtronics thing apparently), but I'm not gonna spend money on Solitaire.

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane
My main problem with Opus magnum was that programming part was very limited and tedious and that it was unconstrained enough to make it relatively easy to finally arrive at a decent solution just by throwing enough oscillating arms (or code) at the problem.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom