Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Once more unto the Kenshi. Some end-game spoilers below.
JV9WCqV.jpg

In this playthrough I specifically set out to piss off every faction simultaneously. I raided every major town and village I found; none could stand against my fifty-strong Codexian Company. As such, I (almost fatally) underestimated the bugmen, who took exception to the murder of their only queen. By this point I'd already destroyed the Southern Hive, so what I expected them to do was go all apeshit like the rest of the fogmen. However, scarcely had we waded out of the acid ocean when the entire nation of Hivers descended upon the wounded men and women of Codex Company. Below is the aftermath. We did not win this one, alas.
KBJ4GNB.jpg

Fortunately, my garrison in the Fog Islands was not far away, so there were no losses. After this we left our base behind, for there was but one great enemy that could still offer us a challenge. The one who dwells in the Ashlands to the south.
9BzJssM.jpg

ZAXsawB.jpg

Acid rain and rabid skeletons assail us day and night in the southern lands. Defeat means a ride in the peeler machines.
wjPsG8Q.jpg

I always wanted a snowy biome in Kenshi. I guess this is the closest we can get.
udUPMvG.jpg

Only the hardiest of the company make it through the armies of the Second Empire, not to mention the clouds of toxic gas that cover parts of the Ashlands. Here begins the final battle as the much diminished Codexian Company battles the screeching Skeletons of Cat-Lon in the underground domes. Miraculously, none of our men fall and the Skeletons are either destroyed or chased off with limbs hacked off. Now comes the hard part.
0O32Dlh.jpg

Cat-Lon's every swing seems to sever an arm or a leg. Those who haven't been with the company too long are usually snuffed out by the second stroke of his sword. But ultimately, even the greatest warrior cannot last against thirty determined fighters hacking away at him. In the end, there can be only one.
c9W82dV.jpg

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Redneck Rampage Rides Again

Xatrix learnt a lot during the development of the original game, and the sequel is much better when it comes to level building and pacing the action between key hunting. Unfortunately the number of added enemies and weapons is minimal, although we can now use vehicles like motorcycle with added guns and a swamp boat with a mortar! What I really liked is the variety of the whole campaign. We will visit Waco in Texas during the siege, Jackalope farms, Disgraceland, a riverboat, a brothel and much more. I've used BuildGdx for maximum performance, and there weren't any glitches preventing me from finishing any map. The soundtrack rocks, just grab a six pack and some pork rinds and enjoy the crazy ride with Leonard and Bubba!

javaw2019-09-1000-11-r1jj2.jpg

javaw2019-09-1016-57-7zksq.jpg

javaw2019-09-1018-57-59jsm.jpg

javaw2019-09-1018-58-fkk3g.jpg

javaw2019-09-1019-30-t0kfx.jpg

javaw2019-09-1118-38-jtkux.jpg

Saint warpigus

javaw2019-09-1116-55-92ke8.jpg

javaw2019-09-1117-07-c5khe.jpg

javaw2019-09-1117-08-cpjk7.jpg

javaw2019-09-1117-23-5qjb9.jpg

javaw2019-09-1117-38-3rkrk.jpg

javaw2019-09-1118-55-27kre.jpg

javaw2019-09-1118-35-aljjr.jpg

javaw2019-09-1119-33-h3kce.jpg

javaw2019-09-1119-37-bhk8j.jpg

javaw2019-09-1119-40-ecjou.jpg

javaw2019-09-1119-58-vyjw8.jpg

Citizen

Someone was posting screenshots from Drakan here and inspired me to play it
jWxqUD.png

jWxmZq.png

jWxssA.png

jWx3uM.png

jWxKAQ.png

jWxpQa.png

jWx7ne.png

jWxO5k.png

jWxlTx.png

jWxzOH.png

Now I know that the last levels of Necrovision were a direct homage to this game

Psquit

Arcane
I get what you're saying. I'm just lazy and a conformist. Besides, I can't fucking configure these ds emulators for shit.

Edit: for Z3 and the rest i'm going to wait for the collection edition.

spekkio

Arcane
So, I've played a lot of japtactical games, but Langrisser / Warsong is easily one of the best in the genre. Last week I've struggled to get into Disgaea 1 but had to give up after a couple hours due to massive case of not having fun. Then I've fired up this:

f1FUKgn.png

And got hooked immediately. Simple, fun, requires actual tactics (different unit types, movement & command range, spells, HP recovery, terrain bonuses) and even some strategy (starting placement, class changes). And if you wanna grind? Well, do it somewhere else...

C3sskhC.png

GhhykvU.png

noOuA6I.png

8Eab8a9.png

3D60aPv.png

tO2FTua.png

SBZaHFp.png

I hope the re-remakes will turn decent:

But if not, we have perfectly playable remakes of Langrisser / Warsong (the one I'm playing now) and Langrisser 2 (Der Langrisser for Snes). Plus original Genesis / Mega Drive games OFC.

:dance:

Citizen

Finished :salute: Honestly it was pretty frustrating sometimes (mostly combat with those fire-sword wielding knights, I played on hard and they raped me so hard I had to cheese it everytime by running around pillars/boxes), but the level design and puzzles were great (room with frying instagib tornados was terrible tho)

Let's just appreciate some low poly buns

jiX5Co.png

jiXGS9.png

jib21v.png

jib8pC.png

jibAf5.png

jibi0z.png

jibjBT.png

jib0Yb.png

jibZ27.png

jibgJr.png

jibrSF.png

jibtx3.png

jibRR0.png

jibTpD.png

jibEFq.png

jib6IA.png

jibCBM.png

jibV2a.png

jibJoQ.png

Beggar

Cipher
Dang, I find it to be the proper way to play NG+. You need some slashing to kill mobs and you get killed in 2 hits. That's where throwing knives and bombs come in hand. Great experience so far and it's not getting tedious
Untitled.jpg

Let's go boyz :deathclaw:
Untitled1.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom