Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Nathir

Liturgist
I have never played any Warhammer game. Is Warhammer 2 just an improved version of 1? Or are there differences and I should start with 1?

Danikas

Arcane
I have never played any Warhammer game. Is Warhammer 2 just an improved version of 1? Or are there differences and I should start with 1?
If you buy them both you can play all the available races on one big map. Game 1 and 2 each come with 4 basic races its: Dwarves, Vampire Counts, Greenskins, Empire for game 1 and Lizzardmen, Dark Elfs, High Elfs, Skaven for game 2.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
quake09.png

Time to end this evil that marshals before us.

quake10.png

It's gonna be one of those levels, huh.

quake11.png

Vores and shamblers up the ass together with crushers and spike launchers, ooooooof.

quake12.png

Looks like someone ran into a bad case of telefrag.

quake13.png

quake14.png

RIP AND TEAR

quake15.png

Great game, very glad I revisited it.

My only regret is I missed the secret level in ep4 :negative:

DraQ

Arcane
quake09.png

Time to end this evil that marshals before us.

quake10.png

It's gonna be one of those levels, huh.

quake11.png

Vores and shamblers up the ass together with crushers and spike launchers, ooooooof.

quake12.png

Looks like someone ran into a bad case of telefrag.

quake13.png

quake14.png

RIP AND TEAR

quake15.png

Great game, very glad I revisited it.

My only regret is I missed the secret level in ep4 :negative:
GLQuake does hideous things with lighting.
Either use software renderer or one of newfangled sourceports.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
No idea. I just got it off the first warez link I found since I don't have all my auld backup cds available atm, launched the exe and played.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
No idea. I just got it off the first warez link I found since I don't have all my auld backup cds available atm, launched the exe and played.
Then you also probably played it without the music?

Yep. This is a funny story actually, because I've never heard Quake's music. Over the years I think I might have played three different versions of it, and none of them ever had working music.

I don't entirely mind though, because Quake is pretty bitching without music, and since the soundtrack was by Reznor, whom I have little appreciation for, I can only assume it's some shitty industrial noise that hardly even fits all the gothic architecture.

Wunderbar

Arcane
aJG045a.png

MENETETTYJEN VALTAKUNTA - finnish mappack.

Only finished the first map ("Valovoimala" by Smilecythe). Very pretty to look at and hard as balls. Warning - there is a huge amount of platforming, puzzle-solving and time-sensitive button shooting.
Pretty overwhelming for the first map in the episode, kinda scared to continue.

83OhuL3.png

srQtgAM.png

qZrckiQ.png

X13tnh7.png

VPEApPp.jpg

schru

Arcane
Yep. This is a funny story actually, because I've never heard Quake's music. Over the years I think I might have played three different versions of it, and none of them ever had working music.

I don't entirely mind though, because Quake is pretty bitching without music, and since the soundtrack was by Reznor, whom I have little appreciation for, I can only assume it's some shitty industrial noise that hardly even fits all the gothic architecture.
That's regrettable. Technically, every version has working music in that it's supposed to have it, it's just that it requires the CD to be in the drive for playback and Id didn't bother to provide an alternative solution or even a disc image in the Steam release. At any rate, there's no point in playing with a disc or an image on newer systems as tracks don't loop. The GOG version has it set up through _inmm.dll but this either doesn't work at all with GLQuake or at least on newer systems. _inmm.dll works fine with the software version, though.

I don't know about Reznor's music in general, but the sound track is pretty atmospheric and memorable. More on the side of dark ambient than industrial probably and it does fit the Lovecraftian theme and the gritty style pretty well, I'd say. However, there is an alternative sound track: Bobby Prince, Id's earlier composer on all their titles from Commander Keen up to Doom II, arranged the Doom Music album to be used with Quake. A lossless rip is available on RuTracker; the first track has to be discarded when using _inmm.dll or a source port as that would be the disc data, so that ‘At Doom's Gate’ should play in the menu.

The Red Knight

Erudite
Wdrn8YV.png

Hmmm... what's this Metalix thing...

Solid situation RPG with automatically dungeon generating function.
Sneak into METALIX LAIR, and seize POWER SOURCE!
thinking.png

EK05IYO.png

:what:

16TTHcR.png

Whew, it's just an ad...

TpuTGRD.png

Umm...

MJOSuMn.png

QLd1UCM.png

:japan:

buCfIt1.png

Punching Metal Babies Naked: the Roguelike.

cdirz3q.png

That's deep.

BYHqPP3.png

informative.png

kBrYGyS.png

Poor belly.

jYvX9CU.png

Killing Metal Babies Naked with a Plastic Katana: the Roguelike.

azmCPuM.png

:japan intensifies:

FZm5iEi.png

Oh, a latex paper suit.

WyoKSyT.png

:shredder:

pVbwyxH.png

EyBcVDL.gif

JetgJUs.png

jCjEGKt.gif

D2iSjsC.png

Time for a tactical retreat.

tXQofqw.png

After each escape you can leave a few items for your future character (the current character is lost), and the storage capacity increases by 1 (from the initial 5).

3Gib5Nj.png

Seems like that ambush floor is generated at random depth. I don't remember which item I used but it damaged everyone in the room and made it manageable (most monsters were either killed or left with low enough HP that one hit was enough to kill them).

iMqfPL6.png

Flashlights need to be identified before you know what they do, and they all have limited charges (the ones without a number in parentheses initially seem infinite but they merely don't tell you how many charges are left).

bht86bf.png

Seal light stops enemies from using their special abilities for a few turns (e.g. tadpoles poison you, lowering your "power" stat, and batterflies harmlessly teleport you to a random spot on the map). Damage light deals 20 damage to the enemy in front of you (best saved for stronger opponents). EMPs stun everyone in the room for a few turns, cure drugs restore HP, food restores vitality, blasting device pushes everyone away from you (not helpful if engaging tentacle monsters that shoot), detoxication drug restores power, storage device teleports one item to the storage (fries up inventory if you have something you don't need now but want to save for the next run), there are also sensor items for revealing all enemies or all items on the floor, and to remove darkness/fog of war from all rooms. Acceleration device supposedly boosts speed for a few moments but it doesn't seem to grant you double turns, and armor-boosting device upgrades your armor if you have any equipped (otherwise it's wasted).

Cw3df70.png

Are you telling me that egg boss is included among randomly (re)spawning monsters?

Let's see what the devs say about themselves...
https://www.pointzero.co.jp/companye.html
Our company celebrated its 23rd anniversary in May 2019.
In the meantime, we have consistently worked on the planning and production of entertainment contents centering on video games.
In the industry as it moves forward, the stage keeps moving from arcade games to console games, browser games, mobile phone games, smartphone applications, and so on. And accordingly, we have introduced various new technologies.
However, we feel that what we are aiming for in business has not changed so much in such a drastic transient change in the last 23 years.
Sounds like Japanese Vogel.

By fusing the three elements of design, technology, and artwork under our know-how of tuning,we will create contents that the users who actually touches can really enjoy, and not to fall into a mere technological boast. We are confident that we have achieved an eminent standard in making "things happy to touch".

EjAC2ny.png

... is this a stock photo?

WrJ7rTE.png

Hmm...
Metalix TD? Wasn't it an RPG?

sfWqX2N.png

0w0QlW6.png

NWER7M7.png

Looks painfully generic?

BoWO29P.png

New wave, paths changed, towers stayed in place.

WuZ9Q6e.png

You can move otherwise expensive towers around if the enemies are out of range (they move slowly to the destination tile and can fire while moving).

The damage output is consistent, so you can be pretty sure that a chain of enemies passing by the tower will be equally damaged by it.

MocWAsN.png

Here I discovered it's not advisable to move towers through enemy paths (they have a small pool of HP and a few collisions will blow them up; RIP laser tower).

bfdQULa.png

Selecting a tower, you can repair or move it, and upgrade a few stats (each duplicate tower you place costs more than the previous one so you have to balance out when to upgrade vs when to place a new tower).

mAEEqLr.png

Boss monster. The fire tower to the right briefly freezes monsters in place.

K26qF6K.png

Welp, the loss of that tower at the start seems to have been too much.

Jokes aside, both games are surprisingly kinda fun.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I wanted to try replaying Invisible War while sticking to black market biomods, but now I'm more interested in finding bugs and ways to break the game.

So far this is my second favorite bug, which I uncovered while trying to buy proximity mines in Cairo while my inventory was full. The proximity mines would spawn in the same room, and I expected I'd be able to pick them up to save some $$$.

Picking them up, however, resulted in this:
btICiZv.jpg

This is not as fun as the multitool multiplication bug (found in Order Church and Mosque), but still funny in its own way.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Ah, finally done with Nest of Vipers.
It was quite a tense experience sniping them one by one from the darkness and rapidly retreating when the alarm was raised.
By the time dawn broke, they're all dead.

jrXts52.jpg

A few of them have a weird loot count.
Like this guy carrying 1,100 arrows

8hDM5sH.jpg

And another with 510 arrows.

xq81L0G.jpg

Once all threats are neutralized, the poisoning and burning of arrow stashes can be done.
But there's actually another way to do this. I believe if you work with the bandits and go undercover you can sabotage their camp without having to fight.

Yosharian

Arcane
Ah, finally done with Nest of Vipers.
It was quite a tense experience sniping them one by one from the darkness and rapidly retreating when the alarm was raised.
By the time dawn broke, they're all dead.

jrXts52.jpg

A few of them have a weird loot count.
Like this guy carrying 1,100 arrows

8hDM5sH.jpg

And another with 510 arrows.

xq81L0G.jpg

Once all threats are neutralized, the poisoning and burning of arrow stashes can be done.
But there's actually another way to do this. I believe if you work with the bandits and go undercover you can sabotage their camp without having to fight.
Are you using a stealthy archer/rogue build? I want to try such a build in a second playthrough

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Are you using a stealthy archer/rogue build? I want to try such a build in a second playthrough

Not really. The thing here, you don't have to be super stealthy to execute such a move since it's really dark at night.
All you need is distance and nighthawk potion (optional) and a high powered bow & better piercing arrows + enough attribute to wield it.
Even a chest shot will bleed them out. To escape pursuit, it's best to consume Buck's Blood for additional stamina to outlast your pursuers and Sprinter perk (20% faster sprint but higher stamina drain) to outrun.

A poisoned melee weapon is best since you need just a few ripostes landing to put them down if it's just a single dude pursuing you.

Melee takedowns are too risky to attempt. They can fail. If I have a chance to approach a guy from behind, I'd rather do a fully drawn arrow to the back. But if the enemy is asleep, they have 0 defense against it. Knock them out (if you've not unlocked the dagger takedown already) then snap their neck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom