Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

turkishronin

Arcane
LrXsxCr.png

octavius

Arcane
Patron
But soft, what light through yonder cave opening breaks?
CRFpnh2.jpg

Ugh, who turned off the light?
Pmu31O9.jpg

Also, added to Enemies.txt: Jacko.

Stake a Lizard by the tail.
2pl13dj.jpg

Yldr

Educated
Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles (2008)

ACAC-01.png

No leap of faith, no real assassination or stealth, tacked-on minigames for pickpocketing and interrogating, a design close to Tomb Raider Legend DS, a number of sound effects identical across both games... I had that persistent feeling that it was originally an entirely different game and only got an Assassin's Creed paintjob late in development.

A cursory online search disproved my impression but since the other AC on DS (Discovery) is excellent and very similar to the true 2.5D Chronicles trilogy, it's immedietely noticeable how painfully derivative this one is.

The controls are serviceable and slavishly follow platformer trappings along with a hack'n-slash combat system that tries to be rich and varied, though in practice none of it matters as button-mashing will get you through anyway. The touchscreen is barely used, making it one of the many DS games that play just fine in landscape mode.

The graphics are pretty nice for the DS. The framerate isn't great and many elements are sprites where HD resolutions would shatter the illusion, but on a small screen you're unlikely to notice. All in all it's pleasant to look at.

Like Tomb Raider Legend it's one of these games that doesn't do anything terribly wrong, but doesn't really stand out in any capacity either. Typical play&uninstall fodder.

ACAC-02.png

ACAC-03.png

ACAC-04.png

ACAC-05.png

ACAC-06.png

ACAC-07.png

ACAC-08.png

ACAC-09.png

ACAC-10.png

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The animations in Gothic are quite good.
I'm especially impressed by how life like the mid-level-management-pose is.
nYuNdZM.jpg

Beating up Lefties feels good.
P2YuoPk.jpg

They become so much more reasonable afterwards.
KifCitI.jpg

"And I don't like the name "Lefty". From now on your name is Gunga Din (but you are not a better man than me), and you will carry water to the peasants."
nUKIBZv.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom