Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Twinkle

Liturgist
865451-0DSW3BY.png

OMG upscaled nipples :bounce:

Fargo is truly a god among mere mortals

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Stunts is brilliant. Save for Carmageddon, I've yet to find a racing game that matches it in the 20+ years since its release.

Spellcaster: Arx was a bit of a strange experience for me. A good part of the game feels like Ultima Underworld 3, then The Crypt feels like Thief, and then there's the 8th level which feels like Resident Evil or something. As for the snakewomen, I loved the tiny little detail of their language; it's the Lizardman language from Ultima Underworld.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Oh yes it's definitely a brilliant game, Carmageddon, Test Drive II and Stunts are among the few racing games I enjoy and still play every few months.

I only "recently" discovered an eerily similar game that was released around the same time.

Not sure why I had never heard of this before or why none of my friends played this game back in the day, perhaps it was just not popular in Europe...

Suchy

Arcane
Monocle or not, herr Otto Partz drives like crap though. Or maybe that's because all tracks I made have a shitton of jumping ramps.

yellowcake

Arcane
Ærelian, BoD doesn't like Radeons and newer Nvidia drivers. Make sure to enable vertical sync. Try openGL renderer or nGlide wrapper. It used to work fine for me a year ago but got very buggy after a driver update. I got angry and put up a PIII + Geforce4 box with W2K and it started to work flawlessly (no wrappers or alternative renderers). I will get some cool screengrabs.

Edit - I only found this from my old collection. And yes, this stuff in pools of blood are severed limbs of dead opponents.

oCLoS.jpg

desocupado

Magister
How about some names along with those screens?

What is that space game above?

Multi-headed Cow

The last picture looks like the I-War or I-War 2 ship. Not sure about the others since it's been so long since I played I-War I couldn't tell you if that's what it was or not.

Cassidy

Arcane
Garrett is having a hard time in Doom 3 engine:

34nl8bm.jpg

Because in some FMs guards get all mad and do a search if something shiny and visible suddenly goes missing.

Of course, that is not the reason I decided to take this, the reason was the visible emotional engagement between the guards.

potatojohn

Arcane
Damn, I want to play that. Are they going to make the standalone package any time soon now that Doom3 is open source or should I just grab Doom3?

Multi-headed Cow

You've got creative. Everything's going to be ok. :yeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom