Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
udv7_bible.png

wat gaem

I will tell you in private

ok, let's go over here
https://vndb.org/v114

I played it the story goes prosperous after some point and the artist can't draw crotches but it has its moments.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Fallout One And Half
TXCWhJC.png

3aSqxvV.png
2016-07-20_1.png

Props for anyone who managed to give him parts to make both Alien Blaster and Combat Armor.
Such coincidence that 2 out of 3 random encounters have Killian?

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
So, the basic question is, do the above screenshots, especially the 800x600 one, look roughly how actual CRT picture looks?
If you want me to I can boot up Duke3D and take pictuers. I love showing off. Protip: you don't see scan lines on a monitor the effect is different.

Also currently going through a nostalgia trip thanks to TribesNext
poisds.png

ycmvqh.png

eeppml.png

schru

Arcane
If you want me to I can boot up Duke3D and take pictuers. I love showing off. Protip: you don't see scan lines on a monitor the effect is different.
Yes, I would like that very much, I enjoyed the photos you posted in other threads. I would like to see a scene in Duke with a larger area visible at 800x600 and one at 320x200 doublescanned (or just 320x400) to see if the picture really gets that fuzzy like the shaders make it. Perhaps some fully-3D game also running at not too high a resolution, but post whatever you like.

By the way, how does the gamma compare to an LCD? Do dark areas look like they have more depth, or anything such? It feels a bit like games such as Doom, Shadow Warrior, or Duke Nukem 3D look too greyish on an LCD.

Last edited:

eXalted

Arcane
After playing a few FRUA modules, let's see what's all the ruckus about this gaem.. Hope to get used to the UI here after being exposed to the FRUA one.

xBAPcn0.jpg

Modified characters detected.

eXalted

Arcane
This is what you get when you press Quick. The two sides are constantly passing turns because they can't walk around the wall between them There is no way to cancel this...
XTL30DV.jpg

DramaticPopcorn

This is what you get when you press Quick. The two sides are constantly passing turns because they can't walk around the wall between them There is no way to cancel this...
XTL30DV.jpg
What in the fuck are THOSE interfaces?

Also, PoR's interface is way supperior because it's the last Goldbox game that had EVERY action accessible by a keyboard shortcut. Next iteration introduced shitty goddamn scrolling :negative:

eXalted

Arcane
What in the fuck are THOSE interfaces?
It's the Goldbox Companion app. Very helpful for someone like me who has never played the Goldbox titles or any old school arpegees before. Yes, it's noobish but if it wasn't for it, I would have never ventured into the Goldbox and FRUA modules. And man, they are great.

Last edited:

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Late XX century history lesson time, kids:
lUtmNIs.png

EPmJY06.png

EFNsR5M.png

Kimiko-chan <3

ciAwvDE.png

how about: fuck you, general xDD

KT6mKX8.png

Can't let this thing lay its tentacles on cute Japanese girls

e7D2szf.png

drilling time!

zRHux4x.png

The omega weapon is more powerful when used by a true omega turbodweeb.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Yes, I would like that very much, I enjoyed the photos you posted in other threads. I would like to see a scene in Duke with a larger area visible at 800x600 and one at 320x200 doublescanned (or just 320x400) to see if the picture really gets that fuzzy like the shaders make it. Perhaps some fully-3D game also running at not too high a resolution, but post whatever you like.

By the way, how does the gamma compare to an LCD? Do dark areas look like they have more depth, or anything such? It feels a bit like games such as Doom, Shadow Warrior, or Duke Nukem 3D look too greyish on an LCD.

Launched the game in DOSbox in normal 320x200 mode and 800x600 mode for comparison shots. The game is really dark and I had to increase gamma a bit to even see what was going on but you can't really notice that in pictures. Sorry for glare but they should get the point across.

hddcop.jpg

avxdsn.jpg

hwqnsc.jpg

mwexog.jpg

rfiago.jpg

iewkis.jpg

schru

Arcane
Thanks. I can't make it out exactly, but it seems like the HUD at 320x200 isn't that smoothed out compared to higher resolutions, as when using that CRT shader that comes with SVN Daum. I was curious about it because I wondered if perhaps the fuzziness of those low resolutions wasn't used to smooth out pixels, but the effect doesn't seem that different here.

This is the kind of thing I mean:

0mWPjSP.jpg

octavius

Arcane
Patron
XTL30DV.jpg

Just set it on Quick Combat, do something else for 5 minutes, and then the combat should be over after 25 or so round of no side taking damage. At least it works that way in FRUA.

eXalted

Arcane
Just set it on Quick Combat, do something else for 5 minutes, and then the combat should be over after 25 or so round of no side taking damage. At least it works that way in FRUA.
It seems it works in FRUA only. I waited 15 minutes and nothing.

schru, regarding CRT emulation you haven't really seen anything if you haven't seen CG multipass shaders as implemented in Libretro. CRT-Royale running on a 4K monitor is nothing short of incredible, and a true revelation if you grew up with these displays.

There is a Dosbox libretro core.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers. Great graphics, mostly good puzzles and Gary Owens as the narrator (R.I.P). So far this looks like the best part. Loved the references to the earlier adventures of Roger Wilco. Also the new exciting titles that you can see in the shop :lol:.

scidhuv_01787b6o.jpg

scidhuv_0285yav8.jpg

scidhuv_031cvz90.jpg

scidhuv_033cbajl.jpg

scidhuv_039xsyeu.jpg

scidhuv_041znzzk.jpg

scidhuv_042q5bjr.jpg

scidhuv_054qjbtk.jpg

scidhuv_06456bl6.jpg

schru

Arcane
schru, regarding CRT emulation you haven't really seen anything if you haven't seen CG multipass shaders as implemented in Libretro. CRT-Royale running on a 4K monitor is nothing short of incredible, and a true revelation if you grew up with these displays.

There is a Dosbox libretro core.
I think I've seen screenshots of such, but I had no idea that there were versions of DOSBox that supported such advanced shaders. I will have to look into it when I have more time. Thank you.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers. Great graphics, mostly good puzzles and Gary Owens as the narrator (R.I.P). So far this looks like the best part. Loved the references to the earlier adventures of Roger Wilco. Also the new exciting titles that you can see in the shop :lol:.

scidhuv_01787b6o.jpg

You can also visit Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon - though leaving the time pod then may not be such a good idea.

EDIT: More info.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom