Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Multi-headed Cow

First victory in a new game of Endless Space. NOTHING WILL STOP THE SAMURAI SPACE-BIRDS!

B00967E34172BC3D2B7CAE38E4BB929DE7C33A2C

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
All I notice is the lack of textures. You should stop trying so hard to be hardcore bro.
I'll take well done lack of textures over blurred puke any time.
I thought that they finally managed to make textured 3D look good, but I got disappointed as usual.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Having a blast (literally :> ) with the new and last Battlefield 3 DLC. Introduced motorcycles, a capture the flag mode and some 12 vs. 12 Jet dogfight mode, +4 new big maps.
acjjhw.gif

Some (poorly animated by me) river vista at the start of a match. Herp-a-derp chopper on upper right surprise buttfucked me in the tank right after.

sequenz01.standbild006uube.png

Grabbed a bike to go for the enemy flag instead.

sequenz01.standbild000iucr.png

Arrived at enemy base, grabbed their flag. Some engineer spotted me and came running through the grass.

sequenz01.standbild00ymubi.png

Got rid of him with a headshot. :>

sequenz01.standbild02douwz.png

Capped the flag at our base. Scored. Got killed by tank and this guy again (revanche!11)

bbfuwc.gif

:salute: Nevar forget

Decided to end this tanks life after that. While they were busy killing another tank of us, I grabbed my SMAW.

sequenz01.standbild02puu29.png

sequenz01.standbild02d7ucp.png

sequenz01.standbild023gu8l.png

Took our last LAV with a squadmate after that and headed again for the enemy flag.

sequenz01.standbild02myuz2.png

Hi Sniper. (next to humvee)

sequenz01.standbild026nuzp.png

Bye, Sniper. :smug:

EDIT: lulz, gifs won't animate because they are too big in preview. -.-

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Have they introduced a graphics option for 'disable annoying visual effects' yet? Because the excessive lens-flare, dirt getting stuck to your 'camera' etc bothers me too much. Half the time you can't even see properly, nevermind shoot people.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Is it possible to play with bots?
I feel like trying this game, but I do hate people.

There is no bot mode, sorry.. It would suck anyway, there would be no competition - players are always smarter than AI. ;) I do get what you mean with "I hate people", BF3 is the only MP game I really play, but here it doesn't bother me much, and when you have luck (or good friends) and you land in a good squad with people that have brains, it is amazingly fun and feels very rewarding.

Have they introduced a graphics option for 'disable annoying visual effects' yet? Because the excessive lens-flare, dirt getting stuck to your 'camera' etc bothers me too much. Half the time you can't even see properly, nevermind shoot people.

Those visual effects look worse on still screens than it actually is. The blurry screen you get when someone (especially support people with light machine guns) spray their weapon in your direction. You get "surpressed", your bullet spread will increase and it gets harder to hit enemies. Ofcourse it is not ARMA, but I find it is a nice touch that adds some tactics if used right. The sun/lens flare effects are not random and part of the map design. For example on some maps the RU side has some less than effective cover, but the enemy has to walk into the direction of the sun occasionally blinding them. The same goes for flying in the direction of the sun if you have an enemy jet on your ass to blind him. If you use your iron sights these effects willl be disabled too. The only annoying thing sometimes is the "bloody screen" when you get hit. But you get used to it quickly.

BF3 is by no means a "tactical shooter" or whatever people like to call it, it is pretty arcadey for its run and gun mechanics. But it is also not a pure and mindless shooter like CoD is. It's something inbetween, trying to keep things "realistic" and authentic (gunsounds for example are amazing) but fun and fast paced aswell.

And because this is a screenshot thread:

12 vs 12 dogfight action

2b6kuf.png

388j4r.png

"Tank Superiority" game mode screenshots, basically "king of the hill" game mode, with 64 players and lots of tanks. Amazing on very big maps.

107k8a.png

Trying some risky infantry maneuvres sneaking behind the enemy line to set up a laser system so team mates can send guided missiles easier towards the enemy

4y2jjt.png

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
That puzzle with poking the big robot in the nose... It took me forever to realize this. :<

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think that puzzle was used in other adventure game, can't say the title but it was like deja vu to me. As for the difficulty, well I'm no expert, but it was on a good level, nothing hard, and cheap easy. Also, no death screens, pixel hunting and it was too short. And a Crispin as a sidekick commenter made me laugh many times.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I would buy BF3, buy more than :decline: or the Origin spyware, what really breaks for me is the price tag... How I wish that GabeN-sama would sell it for 75% off or soemthing like that...

MetalCraze

Arcane
Kamino firing range at night. Nights in ArmA series tend to look quite atmospheric and moody

q2kAivC.jpg

71qYav1.jpg

D9FQ3qU.jpg

An eerie beacon lights up a forest hundreds of meters away

RgMcOGu.jpg

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I remember while play DayZ the server followed the lunar cycle and some parts of the month the nights would be dark as fuck to the point where you couldn't make out the silhouettes of the land against the sky. Lots and lots of bitching and an empty server when that happened.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Yeah, he does have his own Arma 3 thread he can fuck up. No need to post all his pictures for an FPS in here. This thread is for incline. FPS games cannot into incline.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
leave skyway alone.

Here, have a cup of decline:

stealing.jpg

That's right, I stole from a grumpy bandit. IN COMBAT.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Codex Rule #186:
If you're butthurt, don't show it. It'll only make you more butthurt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom