Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Screenshot thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by potatojohn, May 21, 2012.

1. Kabas Savant Patron

Kabas
    Etherlords(Or Демиурги). A HoMM/MtG hybrid. Trying to figure out how the things work here.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ^Managed to defeat a level 7 enemy hero as level 4 thanks to my decision to rely on bees and hornets. Bringing 10 hp Meatshields is kinda pointless if they can't block the flying units. And units hit by hornets autodie at the end of the turn anyway.
    Taking additional self-sacrifice spellcards(sacrifice a unit to add it's stats towards another one) proved to be redundant.
    [​IMG]

• Brofist x 5
    • nice x 2
    • Prestigious x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    [​IMG]

A big black widow is mocking and patronizing me. For many Australians it is just a typical Monday morning, but for me it was a beginning of a long journey into unknown.

Excellent soundtrack.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    • Brofist x 6
    • Friendly x 2
    • nice x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. adddeed Liturgist Possibly Retarded

adddeed
    Playing this classic again. Still hard to find RTS games like it. Ground Control

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Astral Rag Arcane

Astral Rag
    nice

edit:
    [​IMG]
    They're currently on sale for 3€

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Nifft Batuff Learned

Nifft Batuff
    What game is it?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. zwanzig_zwoelf Stargazer Developer

zwanzig_zwoelf
    Dark Souls.

• Funny x 4
    • Yes x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Blighttown noire

• Funny Funny x 3
    • incline incline x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. zwanzig_zwoelf Stargazer Developer

zwanzig_zwoelf
    Far Blight 3.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. adddeed Liturgist Possibly Retarded

adddeed
    Few more. Almost finished, i think im on mission 27 of 30. And then there is the expansion pack.
    Such a good game. Big maps with everything to scale, units actually look small compared to terrain and buildings. Pre mission squad configuration is great, and the game mechanics are top notch and tactical. Units move deliberateraly and smoothly (no robot dancing and jerking around like in so many other RTS games), all of the units are tactical usefull and have strenghts and weaknesses and the special weapons and equipment really add another dimension and can be super useful at the right moments. Unit positioning is crucial and can win or lose your mission, and scout units are actually useful for scouting which is important.Plus some units are kind of OP which is great. And there are nice effects and details, like the artillery shells which peel of when fired.

Its kind of amazing this was made by a few swedes in their basement who've never made a game prior.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 7
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Beastro Arcane

Beastro
    Betrayer.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Anno 1800 (Open Beta)

[​IMG]

Really glad they are going back to their roots, even if it feels a bit like you have done it before. Still, really enjoyable to play. And yeah, they are holding an open beta currently on Uplay.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Nifft Batuff Learned

Nifft Batuff
    Thanks.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Multi-headed Cow Scholar

Multi-headed Cow
    [​IMG]
    Killed the lich's past and unlocked the gunslinger. God bless rainbow mode for being drooling retarded baby-easy. Actually was closer to 2 and a half hours because of having to do the lich-killing run as the paradox first which was quite a chunk of Gungeon to play, but I'm glad to get some unlocking done. Incidentally, Old Goldie the shotgun is fucking amazing with the gunslinger. His passive of getting all synergies on guns turns it into an unstoppable rape cannon, one and two shot nearly everything with it. Gundromeda strain helped too, naturally.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Salute Salute x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Sjukob Prophet

Sjukob
    Aliens vs Predator 1994. I've learned that I'm actually pretty bad at this, it took me something like 10 attempts to beat second level without dying :negative: . But I feel like game is pretty rewarding skill wise since you have plenty of tools to deal huge damage and avoid getting hit, although grab mechanics annoy me. Good fun and challenge for now, haven't felt such thrill in a while.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    • nice nice x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Astral Rag Arcane

Astral Rag
    [​IMG]
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In case some of you are wondering about the name of this wad, here's a tip:

+ name of a Martian moon

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. warpig Incel Resistance Leader Manlet

warpig
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• [citation needed] x 5
    • Brofist x 2
    • decline x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • M'lady x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. zwanzig_zwoelf Stargazer Developer

zwanzig_zwoelf
    [​IMG]

• Brofist x 5
    • Funny x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Astral Rag Arcane

Astral Rag
    Entering a dungeon with 3 alkies, what could possibly go wrong.

• Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. zwanzig_zwoelf Stargazer Developer

zwanzig_zwoelf
    alkeides 2.0 upgrade to 3.0 is non-canon and he died about 3 battles in.

• Salute Salute x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Astral Rag Arcane

Astral Rag
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    id's Rage engine gets a lot of flack for texture issues and whatnot, and rightly so, but when it wants to look good it can look pretty damn good. From Wolfenstein The Old Blood:

[​IMG]

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    • popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Nifft Batuff Learned

Nifft Batuff
    [​IMG]

The Secret of Monkey Island, vga dos version.

• Brofist Brofist x 10
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • PIRACY IS WRONG PIRACY IS WRONG x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Astral Rag Arcane

Astral Rag
    Never heard of it, is it any good?

• it is a mystery x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Nifft Batuff Learned

Nifft Batuff
    I love Mark Ferrari pixel graphics (although I think he worked only on the ega version).

• nice nice x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Sjukob Prophet

Sjukob
    This game man, they clearly cared more about getting players to spend their money on arcade tokens... I got to the last level and the game really shows a lot of bullshit design in it's second half.
    Firstly the damage enemies deal is absurd - you can be killed in 4-6 hits (or even 2, some bosses hit that hard) and there are a lot of enemies for you to kill, plus you have to spend some time comboing their asses, but they can just close in and slap you for full damage in single hit.
    Secondly enemies have amazing reaction and attack properties, sure you have some time to attack first but it's a short window, 80% of enemies attacks have no delays and come out very fast so you can't even react to them (there are aliens that spit acid at you from half a screen away and it hits you for 1/5 of your health, this attack comes without any warning), advanced enemies have more reach than you and even faster reaction, it's especially noticeable at second boss. Sometimes I get hit out of "dash" moves that allow you to cross the entire screen at a second, but enemies still react fast enough to hit you out of them.
    Thirdly grab mechanics are annoying, you should be familiar with it's principle - you get close to the enemy and you grab them, but when you are fighting off hordes you don't fucking need that, the moment I accidentaly grab somebody I'm instantly hit by other enemies because grabs don't give you any protection (oops 1/5 of life gone). There's also a problem when there are a lot of items on the ground and you character starts picking them up instead of attacking the enemies, since you also pick up items by pressing attack button, argh.
    And lastly you can't run (although dash moves allow for great mobility) but what really sucks is that you can't travel Z axis at great speeds, you can only walk and it really fucks you up in battles, it's especially insulting that some enemies can do that.

Encounter design is fucking excellent as well. The game tries to own your ass as early as level 2 (it's only going to worse from there) the boss of this level is a lighting fast motherfucker that outranges you, dashes across the screen (and jumps you out of the screen) and kills you in 4 hits, but it's not really a problem compared to what comes next. At level 4 they introduce ambushes, basically enemies charge at you out of the screen, unless you know it's coming you are going to get hit (that's 1/4 of your life) and still have a horde of monsters to kill. The fucking alien queen - the boss of that level is pure retardation, I searched for some videos where people that are better than me beat this fucking game - nobody kills that boss legit, because it's impossible. She attacks at both directions simultaneously and you can't even sidestep her attacks because they have such an amazing reach, lol. Some guy killed her by using a disc, but it's RNG. Later levels have same shit but at greater quantities, although bosses aren't as retarded. I rage quit final level though, didn't get to the boss, might do it later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alien queen abuse - stand on the crates so she can't attack you.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    • nice nice x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  26. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 3
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)