Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

eXalted

Arcane
QJucUBx.png

Corruption scenario - Yeah, okay. This guy just shows up in Month 3-4 and wipes the whole map.

YldriE

Learned
NWN 2 is somehow uglier than NWN that managed to be uglier than BG2 with it's 3D shift. And a thousand times more clunkier.
Sword Coast Legends got shit on pretty bad but it looks superb and the controls / UI are very smooth and intuitive. I kept telling myself both NVN games should be ported to that engine.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Sword Coast Legends got shit on pretty bad but it looks superb and the controls / UI are very smooth and intuitive. I kept telling myself both NVN games should be ported to that engine.

I strongly disagree. Any port/remake of old games would inevitably bring BS mechanics like cooldowns present on SCL to be implemented...

YldriE

Learned
No arguing here, I don't mind because I already consider the NVN combat a lost cause, but I see your point.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Waiting for full release to play this. How has it turned out after the Ch 1/2 remasters?
The REDUX update improved the story mode but didn't change the fact that it is still the weakest part of the game by far. What the update did was strip the story mode of some of the egregious busywork so it can be finished more quickly; but, it still felt tedious to the point where I began skipping side content near the end.

They managed to make the only open world survival game of this type with solid art direction and great atmosphere but then they squander it in the story mode by having the player sit and listen to uninteresting NPCs drone on forever with terrible dialogue (my pet peeve in dialogue is when characters constantly say REALLY MYSTERIOUS STUFF and routinely keep your character out of the loop on information that they have no reason to keep from the player), then go do repetitive fetch quests for them. I skipped through 95% of the dialogue and was never at a want for more information.

The survival mode is self-explanatory and is the main draw of the game, but the challenge mode is the highlight of the game for me, and it's the right way to handle the story in this game; give the player a simple objective with some minimal plot backing at the beginning, scatter a bit of environmental story elements throughout the world, and let the story tell itself. In one of the challenge modes the objective is the retrieve a flare pistol from the top of a huge mountain, then get to a lighthouse on the coast to signal for help; well I managed ascend the mountain, get the flare pistol, make it all the way to the coast, then right in view of the lighthouse a wolf steps out of the shadows and jumps at me, I pull my rifle out and snap a welled aimed shot at its head--the rifle jams and the wolf rips my throat out. A thousand times more interesting than anything that happened in the story mode.

td;dr the campaign mode isn't worth waiting for, so if you are interested in the survival mode and challenges then buy the game

the long dark
J33nuLj.jpg
RyKMK94.jpg

9nylhL4.jpg
a2HjXzv.jpg

sir, you are being hunted
Nt3Jwf3.jpg
J9RPSAb.jpg
501OQ4c.jpg

B9I5L4j.jpg

Ivan

Arcane
Day 2: sexy reloading animations, pretty cemetery, and regret after dropping 3K on a revolver...oh, and Rubin's an idiot. Gotta say, it's been nice spending my evenings on this. Looking forward to how differently the game will make me feel as shit hits the fan :D
8550F2C953FF89FF65C914222B71BA677EBA54A8

3C508ED25B8A551420E8508357CB058B6574A3E5

9122031CAC979527707DCA3489ED42A1380ECD6F

Citizen

NWN 2 is somehow uglier than NWN that managed to be uglier than BG2 with it's 3D shift. And a thousand times more clunkier.

Nah, MOTBs art direction is great, and it looks alrite even despite the ugly looking engine and prosperous faces

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Rising kingdoms
Ovaw6jx.png
5ZsCm4n.png
gQmYD60.png
Xa8jW3w.png

This one is fun so far, i kinda like it more than the Tzar.
Imho it's not as beautiful, but the ost is equally nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom