Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Citizen

ITZ OGRE MAGUS!

Your ogre is cooler :D

To be precise it's Iron Storm: World War Zero. The original version of IS was made only for PC by 4x Studio. It's probably one of the hardest FPS games ever made, the AI is insanely accurate and there is a lot of traps with enemies being positioned really well on the maps. WWZ is like enhanced edition changed by Rebellion bros and also ported to PS2, which means it's a little bit easier. Some maps were added, but others introduced as well. Oh, and unlike in original there isn't any quick save option. Well, good luck! I remember great atmosphere with all the trenches, color pallete and sounds of combat in the background. It has an alternative history plot, which isn't common in this genre and makes it more unique along with engine made only for this title.

I just picked it up and started a playthrough completely blind, so far it's cool. There's no quicksave, but you can save at checkpoints that are pretty common, so for now it's not a big deal (i'm two and a half levels in)

Psquit

Arcane
clmZuRM.jpg

AJIMqLI.jpg

jKuSSw5.jpg

I wonder who's behind this wound?
wguylnM.jpg

Hey Leon, I'm here to 1 hit kill you and erase one hour of progressed cause you forgot to walk.

AHXvAbK.jpg

2jbXyBQ.jpg

:shredder::love: Ada Wong.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Diablo 2, 1.09
The dreaded doubled combo - Stoneskin&Physical Immunity + Multi Shot&Lightning Enchanted.
JigCVeM.jpg

My Werewolf Druid didn't have a chance of cracking this nut. Even with 80 Lightning Resistance and 11 Magic Damage Reduction he was hit for almost 1000 HP with each "ricochet".
So I had to respec and experiment with the Elemental spells. The Firestorm worked quite well, but the Arctic Blast was insta kill when I stood too close and wasn't prepared for the spell triggering the lightning.
So obviously a specialized Druid is not going to clear the whole game, but will have to leave some enemies behind or diversify his skills, at least in 1.09. I think the Multi Shot&Lightning Enchanted enemies were toned down in later patches.

Citizen

iomMKc.jpg

:russiastronk:

iomL11.jpg

I'M NOT FALLING FOR IT AGAIN, MISTER!
iomnwH.jpg

OH SHI~!
iomYfK.jpg

See that mountain? You can climb it!
iomu0Z.jpg

I just somehow squeezed through the invisible wall around the level landmass and bypassed all the enemies safely, but now I couldn't go back through it again.
iomDqP.jpg

There's nothing left to do but jump. To infinity and beyound!

Aemar

Arcane
446k345j.jpg

The very first build, a negromancer on a quest to ascend to demilichdom. This game looks like shit, you can't control your units or issue basic commands/spells, and it lacks basic menu options that have been around for decades (in-game load button, in-game restart/new game buttons, etc), but I think it puts every other game of its kind to complete shame due to the sheer amount of content (classes, magic schools, monsters, realms of existence, etc).

:hero:

Citizen

It's addictive as fuck. I had to delete it from the pc in the middle of a playthrough last winter to prepare for an exam. I took 3 days off to study and on the end of day 2 realised that I didn't learn shit, but my playtime counter in steam suddenly went +12 hours

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Sacred gold
8q6kCwK.png

They put a lot of attention towards the visual details, both architecture and interiors. Like, you can find the cooking stoves and what actually looks like a living quarters inside the bandit hideouts.
There is also a lot of wildlife present like flocks of ravens in certain places or sometimes you can see fish in the ponds which is neat.
A bit of attention is also put towards the exploration, like, during one of the first side quests you can hear them mention that one of the seraphim was caught by the cult somewhere. There is no quest to point towards her, but you can actually find her yourself at the NE part of the starting area with suspiciously large amount of bandits and she will reward you for saving her.
2kyRlFK.png

^That optional boss fight was fun. Dragon hits hard and his breath can easily oneshot you if you fail to avoid it.
I also like the way they designed the characters here, everyone is allowed to have something cool. Dark Elf has an entire weapon category exclusively for himself, Daemon can actually fly, Seraphim can summon the BFG that shoot lightning bolts, Wood Elf can apparently shoot spiders at the enemies if i am not mistaken and etc.

Unfortunately, i burned out already. Not so much from the usual diablo gameplay formula but from the way the side quests are designed. They like to send you constantly running all over the place or back to the places you already visited and you're encouraged to do them because they sometimes reward you with your class runes. Honestly, Daemon comments perfectly copy my thoughts about how it feels like to visit a new town.
Here, have an obligatory skimpy dressed seraphim.
jamxlLe.png

Aemar

Arcane
Aemar what's that?
Conquest of Elysium 4. Massively underrated game.
Also this is Fallen Empire era, pure:incline: for a necromancer, corpses and old battlefields everywhere. As long as you don't die to a bandit ambush 2 squares from home, that is.
It is the Fallen Empire era indeed, but so far there are no ambushing bandits around, only eldritch horrors.

Citizen

UGHHH, THEY DIDN'T TELL ME THERE WERE GONNA BE FEMALE COMMISSARS!
io47j5.jpg

io4KfC.jpg

io4Oqz.jpg

That doggo wasnt friendly
io4HYT.jpg

io4lhb.jpg

So much for legendary Dimitri...

Citizen

To be precise it's Iron Storm: World War Zero. The original version of IS was made only for PC by 4x Studio. It's probably one of the hardest FPS games ever made, the AI is insanely accurate and there is a lot of traps with enemies being positioned really well on the maps. WWZ is like enhanced edition changed by Rebellion bros and also ported to PS2, which means it's a little bit easier. Some maps were added, but others introduced as well. Oh, and unlike in original there isn't any quick save option. Well, good luck! I remember great atmosphere with all the trenches, color pallete and sounds of combat in the background. It has an alternative history plot, which isn't common in this genre and makes it more unique along with engine made only for this title.

This version I'm playing isn't hardcore. All the challenge comes from enemies surprise attacking you with oneshot sniper rifles/RPGs and some annoying bulletsponges, otherwise it's pretty easy. Checkpoints are VERY frequent

It's a fun game, but it's console popamole. I should have gone with original PC release probably

Citizen

And of course our boss turned out to be EVIL, what an unexpected and original twist!
ioHTN0.jpg

ioHkWD.jpg

ioH69q.jpg

ioHCLA.jpg

Dead hooker in the baddie's room. Classic!
ioHJGM.jpg

In the game we are fighting an evil Russian-mongolian empire, lead by KHAN, that dress like nazis and have their capital in Berlin. I wonder how many history lessons did the game designer miss
ioHVkQ.jpg

The most bullshit boss ever. A boring bulletsponge that can melt you in a second with a machinegun that shoots through walls. 0/10
ioH9Ha.jpg

ioHdXe.jpg

ioHBrk.jpg

:salute::salute::salute:

Citizen

LOL the dude who posted the image of skeletons with blacked.com logo deleted his post while I was editing a picture, so now it's not funny, but I'm still going to post it

ioShzz.png

EDITED: Yldriel or YldriE come back I now it was you

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Chillout in the Gauntlet
8A9968DE4A7E114B4B3E9DCC4883A6AB74374324

took way too long to play this final PoP
Forgotten Sands btw.
Control is bad, they messed up with it so you die way too much for stupid reasons. Sometimes it's all automated only to turn into ye olde Tomb Raiders with precise controls or whatever is happening. Also ragdoll-like physic in gauntlet section? the fuck

7Y9gtjJ.jpg

go and take a swim bitch
poop more baby spiders straight to the lava
Death Wish 1.6.9

That game with Eminem
48UL2AA.jpg

you know
OVrz3sx.jpg

Devastation
it was bad, you could tell that by the tone of voice actors who went from bored to worse

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I really love the Gauss Rifle (Energy)
No need mods to make it lighter. Only STR 5 requirement and it's pretty easy to get. Just be sure to pick up a stealthboy from Goodspring and then pickpocket one of the Brotherhood of Steel guards in the bunker.
Microfusion Cell can be improved with Vigilant Recycler perk to reduce weight and increase damage. Perfect.

20191206160703_1.jpg

20191206160723_1.jpg

20191206160729_1.jpg

20191206160736_1.jpg

Last edited:

Citizen

Once I get out of Peragus I will fucking bury them in my Authoritative Write-Ups about Mandalorian Wars. Do they even read my King Content Hologaphic Newsletter?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom