Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshots

Tindu Rebeth

Novice
Hey Wolf, I was wondering can you post more screenshots up, I was more interested in what the surroundings looked like, like Roman Royal halls and what Legionares looked like and stuff like that but thats another opinion.

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
Hi Tindu, what screenshots do you mean? Those on http://www.teudogar.com?
Roman legionaries of that epoch looked more or less like in the screenshot http://www.teudogar.com/scr08.htm.
And as to Roman architecture, well, at that time there was none in Germania, except for military camps with wooden palisades and towers (one of these camps is part of the Full Version's game world; and maybe I ought to put a screenshot of that on the website).
Or do you mean illustrations for the (currently, text-only) Encyclopedia texts on Teutons and Romans? Or is it just that you'd like to see additional game world graphics in future version?

Anonymous

Explore Teutonic villages and farmsteads, royal halls and miserable huts, sacred groves and Roman camps, and countless forests, swamps and caves. I was talking about royal halls that was said on the site, I must of had a brighter image of how the house looked. I guess I'm not to good in history since US doesn't go into Roman and Europe history. I think the years are different from the time I'm thinking of. By the way as a suggestion do you think we could become a Roman Citizen or a Teuton Villager by choice to see how it is on each side and how it felt, and perhaps be able to buy furniture and additional homes without taking over them by force. I'd also like if, you did go with this idea lets say, would the Roman Homes look much different from the Teuton homes and if so would there be an advantage for the Romans.

Anonymous

Sorry thats me above, forgot to log in -Tindu Rebeth

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
Hello Tindu, thanks for your suggestions. Sorry if that "royal halls" thing was misleading, but - though it may not look like it from our modern point of view -, e.g. Heremod's banquet hall is meant to be a Teuton Royal Hall (like the one described in the "Beowulf" saga etc). As to the Romans, in 12 BC (time of the game's plot) they just arrived in Germania for the very first time; so there are no Roman buildings there yet, except for military camps. Construction of cities and buildings could only start once the country was safely conquered and pacified - around 5 BC or so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom