Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

sea's (Mostly Technical) Skyrim Initial Impressions

Stabwound

Arcane
That's just a photoshopped image. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything resembling that for a while, but maybe I'm wrong.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
crufty said:
Tel Prydain said:
But it's funny you say that...
When it was my character's turn to step up the guard was all like, "WTF an Elf? That's not right. Shouldn't we look into why this dude is here, because he ob..."
And then the bitch next to him shoots him down and says they are going to kill me anyway.

If I find her I'm going to kill the shit outta that bitch.

Yah same here. She's going down.
Actually, you kill that bitch if you follow Raelof instead of Hadvar.

Rhalle

Magister
Gord said:
So regarding RadiantStory, I found some interesting thing on UESP wiki (minor spoilers ahead)

Spoiler-free version:
Apparently, at least according to UESP, some quests do contain variations, with you being send to different persons or fighting different enemies to solve the quest.
It seems to be mostly flavor to me, as the structure will probably stay the same (with a notable difference mentioned in case of certain relations to npcs).
Still, seems somewhat interesting to me - guess we have to play through 7 times to fully appreciate it.

I made it to the first dragon and restarted back on Sunday.

I've gotten the same quest from different NPCs and the location was a different dungeon.

It appears that the locations in the game are themselves static, but the questgivers scale the quest by assigning essential NPCs/items to an appropriate spot for your level.

This is fine with me, but I hate how dragons are a cakewalk while a bear or a Bandit Cheif or a troll are next to impossible.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm hoping an improved UI mod is released by the time the game hits a 50% off sale.

Gord

Arcane
Stabwound said:
That's just a photoshopped image. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything resembling that for a while, but maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, it's from a guy usually doing webdesign.
A whole lot of modders are currently at it (including DarN), they even have some support from Bethesda.
However, as I understood it, modding Skyrim UI is pretty different from previous titles, so I guess you are right.

Gord

Arcane
I would say it's their job to design a good UI before the game is out, but we have all known for years that they obviously fail at that.

Actually, thinking about it, it might be best to take their games away from them shortly before release and give them to some other team which will then spend a couple of months at ironing out the worst design decisions and polishing it enough that it will be genuinely good.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I agree that Skyrim UI looks stylish

Stylish... some people wouldn't know style if it kicked them in the face. Likely the same people who cum in their pants every time Apple releases a new shiny box with rounded corners and calls it innovative design.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom