Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Secret of Mana 3D remake

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Coming to PC, PS4, and Vita:

ss_d09ab692374f3908d5509714864d49156358edd5.jpg

ss_50e9d9f4ad8498d01f624258dc8b77ded1439985.jpg

ss_4b58abb54bfaedf0b44f5f210c29d910d76f6d2a.jpg

https://secretofmanagame.com/en-us/

In-Text_Banner.png

PRE-PURCHASE to receive 3 special DLC items Moogle Suit, Tiger Two-Piece, Tiger Suit plus a custom downloadable wallpaper.

Originally released in 1993, "Secret of Mana" is by far the most popular title in the “Mana” series. Now it's finally getting a long-awaited, full 3D remake!

The game faithfully retells the beloved story while adopting modern 3D graphics and controls. It will feature a newly arranged musical score, voiced characters and new content.

The adventure of Randi, Primm, and Popoi is reborn in the new "Secret of Mana"!

KEY FEATURES:
  • Moogle Suit DLC - Equippable armor that can be used in game. This special piece of equipment also changes the appearance of the characters.
  • Tiger Two Piece DLC -Equippable armor that can be used in game. This special piece of equipment also changes the appearance of Primm.
  • Tiger Suit DLC - Equippable armor that can be used in game. This special piece of equipment also changes the appearance of Randi and Popoi.
  • Custom downloadable wallpaper (sizes: 1024 x 768, 1280 x 1024, 1920 x 1080, 2560 x 1600)
  • 3D Graphics - Revamped visuals for the entire game; a vivid, Mana-filled world rebuilt in 3D!
  • Upgraded Gameplay - The original system has been reworked in an effort to realize a modern action RPG with improved gameplay.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm interested, but the price and that DLC, though...
Might get on Vita when it is om a steep sale.

Luka-boy

Arcane
It will feature a newly arranged musical score
Good news. The soundtrack in the original game was really good and I still listen to the Symphonic Fantasies CD every now and then. They would need to do an utterly awful job to make that soundtrack sound bad.

Please don't fuck that up.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Shot-for-shot remake with a few shit changes like making a previously silent protag voiced (wtf?) and deliberately vague "new content". Add a sprinkle of DLC and sell high.

Meanwhile Seiken Densetsu 3 still hasn't seen a release outside Japan and any hope of it getting one likely rests on the success of this. SE is cancer.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"Let's remake this 20+ year old game but make the graphics worse. :smug:"

Though I never could tolerate the combat system anyway. My brother loved it though.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Meanwhile Seiken Densetsu 3 still hasn't seen a release outside Japan and any hope of it getting one likely rests on the success of this. SE is cancer.
Seiken Densetsu 3 is easily the 3rd best RPG on the snes and that's tough competition.

My first thought was that this looked like a fucking phone game. Squeenix can't produce good games anymore so they're just going back and remaking their successes of the past. What's next, a Chrono Trigger remake without the Akira Toriyama art style?

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
PSP graphics and doujin-soft level UI :negative:
I can't even make a witty comment, this is too depressing

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Looks like it's more than that, it's probably the same engine from a 2014 free-to-play mobile Rise of Mana:

lZlaJI6.jpg

And even more than that, Rise of Mana had Secret of Mana characters, and they looked like this:

BHW5SIf.jpg

Looks like they're essentially the same models.

I wouldn't be surprised it turns out they've been using the same environment models and textures over three games.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture

Ent

Savant
Still no SD3 remake. That game was so fun even with the numerous bugs. My heart hurts.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They'll probably do that next if this does well. This will probably sell like crap and we won't get any SD3 related.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Well to be fair, the art style is close to the original. Just a really, really cheap 3D version of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom