Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sega Emulator alternative to Kega or Gens?

Beastro

Arcane
I'm running into different problems with both emulators, Kega's fucking up my controller (imput with it ignores the B and Z buttons during the set up process, start is ignored too and defaults to switching between full screen) and I don't want to use my shitty laptop keyboard with it, while Gens window is messing around in size when I tab away and full screen completely goes apeshit.

Anyone know an alternative that works better with modern OS' or at least some fixes? I've played Sega games years ago, but I can't for the life of me remember if I ran into this problem with Kega (I know I gave up on Gens).

Beastro

Arcane
Fixed it with Xpadder, though the start onmy controller can't be reassigned from making it full screen. Had to set pause to the back right shoulder button since the front one brings up a game genie code entry window.

Gonna be weird changing instinct to hit that instead of messing up with full screen....

Beastro

Arcane
Something's weird. Start button keeps fucking around with every emulator I try now. In retroarch it closes the emulators window, in kega it switches between full screen and in snes9x it toggles the menu on and off.

I don't get this. I fucking played Metal Marines a few months ago with this controller, now it's fucked up and I don't even know how. Even with snes9x the top right shoulder button won't map nor the select too. Right shoulder won't map, but the select maps to tab and jumps, same with start but is adds "disabled" to the key its set to.

Same even trying Zsnes. Hitting start blanks the key, then closes the input window when it again while hitting select purges all key definitions.

Tried plugging it into different usb ports in case those are fucked, but no go. :/

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
What controller is it? Chinesium ones I could easily see failing like this.

If you're on Windows go to Set Up USB Game Controller in Control Panel. This should let you see what's mapping to what under properties. Might even use the advanced options there to fix it.

Beastro

Arcane
A Logitech Rumblepad 2. I've not had any issues like this before. Played Metal Marines last Fall and the Soul Reavers during the summer.

Edit: The right analog stick controls the mouse cursor....

The only thing I've done dicking with this controller since Metal Marines was getting Project64.

Edit2: I'm a fucking idiot, it was fucking steam. I have never used a controller to navigate like that pos big picture. Didn't even knew it autoenabled that crap when steam client was opened!

Problem solved. :argh:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom