Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

Perkel

Arcane
Some important parts:

Game development and publishing in Japan and Asia will be handled by From, with Activision handling all other regions. Activision gave a lot of advice regarding many things, including game development.

It means this is not in fact Activision IP or Activition funded product. They are just publishers who will distribute it outside of japan and asia.
Looks like this is first From Software title to be selfpublished.

There was the option to make it a Tenchu game, but Tenchu was originally a series made by many different developers, each with their own characteristics. They thought they would end up imitating them in the end, so they gave up on that.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
From Soft itself has been acquired by another Japanese publisher IIRC. They definitely have full creative control and own the IP.

They are owned by the company which also owns the RPG Maker maker - I see synergies.

mogwaimon

Magister
It might not be an RPG, but I'm not all that disappointed. It does look like a Soulsborne game at first glance, but keep in mind that they were saying their next big game wasn't going to be the same kind of game as Souls. So it's not like they set us up to expect one. Sekiro still looks pretty badass anyways, definitely going to keep an eye on it.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Souls multiplayer is cancer in every regard. Good riddance, now maybe we can have some interesting weapons instead of :balance:

You know you can play souls games offline if you want right? They aren't designed around multiplayer and if you think they actually balance weapons around multiplayer you're fucking nuts.

BTW DKS3 has over 200 weapons many uniques, BB has maybe 30, sekiro will probably have a weeb sword and the prosthetic hand thing

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The upshot of being a ninja with a severed arm you get to replace it with something much more useful — “The Shinobi prosthetic.” Your replacement arm is a ninja multi-tool that gives you a number of useful skills, including a built-in grappling hook to scale buildings and the ability to wield heavy weapons.

Whatever journalist who said there would be no weapon choice along with the lack of RPG elements probably didn't understand.
Just in the short trailer we've seen, we see the playable character use an offhand axe and a trick weapon style deployable shield, although I suspect it's probably not fully a shield and instead used with parry mechanics and might also be a rotating weapon ala Logarius Wheel.

I suspect the katana will be the main weapon in its own class though and thus also the most useful. Doubt we'll see stuff like straight swords, curved swords or greatswords, not like I care, mechanically from a gameplay perspective they're not that different in the souls games either. Since it's highly japanese themed, I would be surprised if we didn't see stuff like naginatas and odachis as heavier weapons.

sullynathan

Arcane
stealth shit sounds like decline.
The posture stuff sounds like Nioh enemy stamina system. At least it confirms enemies won't attack you forever and can be manipulated in many ways.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It means this is not in fact Activision IP or Activition funded product. They are just publishers who will distribute it outside of japan and asia.

From Miyazaki interview with GamesTalk:

One of the biggest changes will be to difficulty. Sekiro is published by Activision, who has requested that FromSoftware tone down their famously gruelling approach to challenge. Miyazaki told Japanese site Game’s Talk that his team has taken on the publisher’s principles for “appropriate onboarding.”

Screen_Shot_2015-05-12_at_3.31.31_PM.png

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
From Miyazaki interview with GamesTalk:

One of the biggest changes will be to difficulty. Sekiro is published by Activision, who has requested that FromSoftware tone down their famously gruelling approach to challenge. Miyazaki told Japanese site Game’s Talk that his team has taken on the publisher’s principles for “appropriate onboarding.”
Screen_Shot_2015-05-12_at_3.31.31_PM.png

So this weeb shit is confirmed dead on arrival, good to know. I'll spend my money on Nioh 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom