Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

Wunderbar

Arcane
Oh cool, a dark cave. I wonder what's inside.
Looks like some kind of purple light on the ground. I bet it's a cool item.
:negative:
DA82K09.png

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Bros, I just beat horsebro on my second try. Didn't even go into it expecting to win, I just wanted to learn his moves. Really cool and intense fight.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Just beat Butterfly and Genichiro, starting to git gud again :positive:

Overall, it's very good and I like it more than most souls games actually. However, I can't stop rolling my eyes at the fact that FromSoft just can't fix some issues after so many games. Like why does lock-on still sometimes auto break in boss fights like when Butterfly jumps above you or when horsebro charges past you? :prosper: It causes you to lose track of the boss for a few seconds which in a game like this will often get you killed or at least make you lose a lot of hp.

Ent

Savant
So now that I've finally got some sleep I gotta say that I really enjoyed this game. Sekiro is more block and parry heavy than any of the previous fromsoft games that I've played and I welcomed the change up. Once you got the into the zone and started parrying everything it felt so fucking satisfying. My favorite part of the game has to be that little sequence were you have to grapple around while nine gunners are trying to shoot your ass everything about it just felt amazing from the music to the barrage of bullets coming at you as you flip all over the place - it was basically the perfected version of the silver knight archers guarding that one bridge like area in Anor Londo. I'm happy to have played a really nice couple of action games back to back.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Beat Snake Eyes. Miyazaki you fucking sadistic prick.

Wait until you meet the second one. lol

-------------------------------------------------------------

BTW: Dodge i-frames are still a thing. I dodge into certain attacks even when they are very dangerous because it gives me an opening for chip damage.

ALSO: Reducing an enemies HP makes it harder for them to regenerate guard.

Some enemies REQUIRE you to chip at them a bit UNLESS you are competent at the combat system. Snakeyes for instance really should be overwhelmed by your attacks. Deflect her obvious moves, dodge into the rest to get free attacks.

Cromwell

Arcane
ending questions

I read you have to chose sometime along the story and depending on who you ally with the endings change. After beating the final boss do I automatically get to new game plus or can I reload before the boss because I read for one ending you have to do an optional area and for other endings you dont. So can I do the area get the ending then reload and do the ending were I have to gather some stuff so that I can see two endings in one playthrough?

Ent

Savant
Snake eyes aren't too bad. Just wait for their little grab indicator then jump back and whiff punish them with the spear.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Can you beat Sichimen the warrior with divine confetti?

I only have 3 of these and 3 anti fear intems, and I feel I can die easily some tiems before I can beat that guy. Can I farm those items? It's very bad having those essential items so limited if not.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I have a question:

Who is the timid maid who gets Dragonrot after you die? I died a couple of times in the memory area and gave AIDS to the sculptor and the maid but I cannot find the maid anywhere. Is it the old woman who gives you the bell? Cause I found her dead as soon as I exited the memory zone. Is there any way to prevent that other than not dying?

Who cares. You can heal all with a Dragon's Blood droplet.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I only have 3 of these and 3 anti fear intems, and I feel I can die easily some tiems before I can beat that guy. Can I farm those items? It's very bad having those essential items so limited if not.

You can farm them. I don't remember the mob but I definitely looted one (*divine confetti).

PrettyDeadman

Doing general with spear. Was trying to get his low by staying out of range and suriken tossin + attacking (skill which lets you close distance after certain prosthetics). Could get him to 1/2 or 1/3 of health but died afterwards.
Found out a cool strat - you can continiously jump on him and slash him in the air. The only move he does which can hit you in air is helicopter spear slash, but he doesn't do it that often. I could literally do like 6 jumps on him with 2-3 slashes before he accidently killed me cause I had 0 health by that moment.
Got like 6 or 8 skill points so far clearing the area before fighting that guy.
The only problem - it does shit damage. You need like 80 jump slashes to get him low which is ridicilous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathir

Liturgist

I did Shichimen on third try. Popping confetti and pacifier at start meant I could just run to him and attack him. Then just dodged the beam he does after teleporting and run straight to him and again just spammed attack. Rinse and repeat, and he should die really easily. Also I think confetti can be dropped, iirc I got one from the blue robed samurais walking around in Ashina castle.

Also finally beat Genichiro, only took me a little over an hour.

PrettyDeadman

I have idea how t make the game even more hardcore! How about bosses taking no 80-90 hits to get to low health but 800-900??

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't like the Sichimen fight. You need the Divine confetti because his spamming is unreal, now to try to farm the item. Another crap boss along the bull.

Nathir

Liturgist
Actually I think the old priest women in Ashina castle might drop confetti, not the samurai guys.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The gigantic fucking problem with the confetti is there are only 4 to be found lying around and a VERY small chance for the blue samurai to drop them and you need at least 6 of them, two for each of the two Headless and one Shichimen fights.

Plus the Headless fights are fucking annoying and difficult and you're not gonna beat them first try because you have to figure out their schtick first. So realistically you'd have to farm the confetti several hours just for the Headless fights.

Miyazaki went full retard here, at least in DS1 you can buy transient curses or you can get permanently cursed. Fuck you From.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Btw GREAT xp farm in the Depths, next to the Mibu Village idol. There's our good old pal purple ninja but this one RESPAWNS, mmm yeeeah. He's tougher than his upper-world cousins but he has only one HP blip and can be backstabbed. You just need the stealthy sugar thingy. Best about him - he gives nearly 800 xp and the sugar lasts for 2 runs. so almost 1600 xp in about a minute. Not bad eh? For longer farms you also need to farm the sugar from the "Rats" (little dudes with wooden hats).

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The gigantic fucking problem with the confetti is there are only 4 to be found lying around and a VERY small chance for the blue samurai to drop them and you need at least 6 of them, two for each of the two Headless and one Shichimen fights.

Plus the Headless fights are fucking annoying and difficult and you're not gonna beat them first try because you have to figure out their schtick first. So realistically you'd have to farm the confetti several hours just for the Headless fights.

Miyazaki went full retard here, at least in DS1 you can buy transient curses or you can get permanently cursed. Fuck you From.

It's retarded. I see them improving the drops or putting them on a vendor in a future patch.

I'm gonna explore other paths and come later for that fight.

Sentinel

Arcane

You can buy infinite Confetti later on. This shouldn't be news in a Miyazaki game.

I think i am done for this weekend. I am stuck at the giant ape and although it is great looking fight to watch it is not boss fight you will enjoy. You waste so much time watching him randomly spazzing out with some 3-4 hits combos than he runs around the arena and than you have 2 seconds time windows to hit him 2-3 times with R1. His grab attacks are pure cancer he does forward roll you dodge to the side and he still manages to grab you. The other sweep/grab attack comes lighting fast and good luck reading his animations.

FromSoft should stop listening to Demons Souls fags whining about lack of puzzle and beast fights in later titles cause they clearly cant make those. Stick to fucking "big knights with huge swords" design philosophy cause that's what you are actually good at. Lady Butterfly or Genichiro were genuinely great fights easily comparable to Gael, Alonne or Nameless King.

Also first fight with corrupted monk is like a Fume Knight only they cranked that shit to eleven. Long combos with different pauses between attacks and delayed animations fucking up your rhythm.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
tbh ape is probably my fav boss fight in the game so far cuz it's so brutal. It took a while to learn how to respond to his moveset but once you learn it turns into a super fast paced in-your-face battle

One thing I learned in the fight is to be absolutely certain of each attack that I make, because if he decides to grab just after I hit RB I'm basically dead.

Game kinda reminds me of something like street fighter where hitting buttons without thinking gets you fucked. I don't remember Souls games being anywhere near as tight as this game

Adon

Arcane
Despite my issues with the game, I really love how much the game opens up after the (p awful) bull fight. Actually ever since that fight, I’ve been enjoying the game more.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Genichiro
Another great boss.Not so hard, but fun and rewarding to win. I had wasted all my healing, so I was pretty tilted when he showed the third stage. I had a clutch performance (and one resurrection), and I killed him thanks to posture damage.
:kingcomrade:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom