Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

Jinn

Arcane
solved it for you

I get 40mb/s download on Steam, tell me how pre-loading is faster.

Wow, you figured out we have different download rates and that for me it's faster to pre-load and dycrypt.

The fuck is the point of this conversation?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
solved it for you

I get 40mb/s download on Steam, tell me how pre-loading is faster.

Wow, you figured out we have different download rates and that for me it's faster to pre-load and dycrypt.

The fuck is the point of this conversation?

You tell me. I said "The only way decrypting is faster is if your download speed is shit." You claimed this was incorrect. Now you are claiming that it's obvious that download speed affects whether decrypting is worth it.

Make up your mind.

Jinn

Arcane
You tell me. I said "The only way decrypting is faster is if your download speed is shit." You claimed this was incorrect. Now you are claiming that it's obvious that download speed affects whether decrypting is worth it.

Guess I didn't know my download speed was considered the definition of shit because I've never had anything faster and it's always worked fine for me. I also specified what it was and the time frames I was working with in terms of DL vs decryption.

Can we stop this now?

Cromwell

Arcane
steam says its no midnight release here. I am crying on the inside

Steam unlocks games always at the same time. Keep it in mind for future purchases.

thats not true. I wouldnt be fauxdepressed if there woulndt be midnight releases at all.

I could buy it for the ps4 pro and play at midnight. decisions decisions

Last edited:

Villagkouras

Arcane
Imma "citation needed" your asses until somebody shows me receipts.

YoovUsx.jpg

Even the torrent proves it:

yzQ7Wrz.jpg

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Don't be pessimist. They had the scores written before. They say nothing about the game quality except that is not a buggy mess, and the probability of being a great game increases.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I would've bet all my savings on Sekiro getting 9+ scores from profeshunal vidya journalists without batting an eye, and I've seen a total of about five minutes of gameplay. This game is probably the most surefire critical slam dunk there ever was.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The pattern of "journalists" is greatly overrate popamole AAA shit and underrate a bit some prestigious great games, without going all-in.

That's why their scores always go in the 6-10 range. For them anything below is unplayable, 6 is a very bad game and 10 is EA paying them covertly for marketing the premium rate. They are corrupt, incompetent and cowards. By giving games they don't understand or like a 7,5, cover their asses from being exposed as frauds if the game is a legit incline.

WIth Souls games they know the surer bet is to give good reviews. 9/10, something like that.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Why are we even talking about journalist "reviews"? They're a joke even in the normie consciousness now.

And various user's reviews are completely useless too. Putting aside review bombing for various retarded reasons they're usually full of shills and shill haters.

There are only two non-retarded ways to check out a game you're not sure about - follow a channel/reviewer you trust or just watch a let's play. With Sekiro that's not necessary, it's a From game. Sure DS3 was a largely a low-effort shovelware starved of ideas and passion but even a shovelware by From is miles above the rest of the industry so ultimately I don't regret buying it.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I had hoped that "Idiot reviewers score it too high" would've clued anybody in on the joke. Alas, autism codex strikes back.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I have fond memories of tormenting people in Aldia's keep for no reward other than lulz. It makes sense that Sekiro would remove the online element since DS3 made it absolutely clear that FROM hates its PvP community and looks down upon coopers. So fuck it, let them remove a feature they clearly have no passion about.

I have more respect for the company doing that than sticking to online gameplay JUST for the sake of easier shekels.

Anyway, is Sekiro shit?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I have fond memories of tormenting people in Aldia's keep for no reward other than lulz. It makes sense that Sekiro would remove the online element since DS3 made it absolutely clear that FROM hates its PvP community and looks down upon coopers. So fuck it, let them remove a feature they clearly have no passion about.

They may have passion for PvP, problem is the way they've chosen to implement it since DeS.

Invasions is an amazing design idea on paper but ultimately it brings more problems than fun. It's just way too difficult to balance the game for PvE and PvP simultaneously, maybe even impossible. There's a reason most games have their multiplayer fenced off as a separate game mode. I think someone from From even stated they decided for pure SP because balancing for both modes simultaneously is just way too much headache.

The struggle with poise throughout the franchise is the perfect example - the DS1 poise wouldn't be a problem if the game didn't have MP. They tinkered and played with it and in DS3 they just said fuck it, we can't solve it, let's just mothball it and say it's working as intended.

Another case in point is Nioh. I haven't played it but the word on the street is the PvP is a complete shitshow because the balancing isn't separate.

On the other hand Warframe understands this and not only there's a separate PvP mode but the gear and abilities are rebalanced.

Last edited:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Another case in point is Nioh. I haven't played it but the word on the street is the PvP is a complete shitshow because the balancing isn't separate.

Dafuq have you been reading? Nioh doesn't have any real PvP (unless they added it after I stopped playing). What passes for "PvP" in Nioh is actually an AI controlled version of your character in another person's world. Don't think "balancing" matters much when you can simply outplay the AI (which isn't a very good dueler TBH).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom