Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I honestly don't think there's much balance needed in Souls multiplayer besides for the invaded being able to summon help.

You're getting invaded by some asshole, it's not supposed to be fair and it plays perfectly with the thematic core of those games. Demon's and DkS1 kept it simple and it was the best iteration of the system.

Perkel

Arcane
Honestly i am not too hot on setting as i never really liked japanese anime ninjas.
I think i will try it though because i came to know it will actually have some stats and stuff despite initial claims which said it won't.

Combat is what will make or brake this game.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I think the only "stats" are vitality and attack power. I definitely wouldn't expect any significant type of character building.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
PvP is nothing but poison to that sweet sweet Skyrim LARPER audience that (partially) decided to pickup Dark Souls. When the game was still a niche thing the PvP element helped build its "hardcore street cred", but when the game became a mainstream thing the PvP community was just destined to the chopping block.

I remember waaay back when DS got ported to the PC and I was learning the ropes and people would invade me and I would just move to a place where picking up my souls would be easier. You know, because I didn't really count on "winning" any PvP. But instead of whining about "muh ballinseeee" I decided to stick around, learn things and by the time DS2 came around I had lived long enough to embarce villany. Fun times.

However, EVERY SINGLE CHANGE to online play in DS3 was about giving invaders the middle finger. Every. Single. One. The new "meta" was "summon 2 dudes to carry your worthless ass and remember to point down at invaders after ganking them". Shit became gay and unfun as all hell.

Sekiro seems to just go "ok, we're making a game for casuls, but we're not even gonna pretend otherwise this time", which is fine by me. FROM is AAA now and expecting their games not to cater to the lowest common denominator is delusion and nothing more.

Last edited:

Steezus

Savant
Patron
FROM is AAA now and expecting their games not to cater to the lowest common denominator is delusion and nothing more.

Or you know, not forcing PvP in a quasi DMC game is the logical approach. Not everything is a conspiracy out to get your precious AAA virginity.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I remember waaay back when DS got ported to the PC and I was learning the ropes and people would invade me and I would just move to a place where picking up my souls would be easier. You know, because I didn't really count on "winning" any PvP. But instead of whining about "muh ballinseeee"

Not sure if aimed at me, if so then you're weeping movingly but on the wrong grave, as we say.

I love PvP in Souls, even tho I'm not very good at it. And I agree with you on From caving in to normies and women. But ranting about "ballinseee" is missing the point. The PvP vs PvE balance IS a legit, long acknowledged problem, just ask uncle Google and have fun with the results for the rest of the week.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

lel, engine still complete shit.

What did you expect after Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3? I don't care too much about a few engine issues so long as the game is good though.

WIth Souls games they know the surer bet is to give good reviews. 9/10, something like that.
Demon's Souls had extremely bad reviews. But when Dark Souls came out and became popular it changed how journalists would treat From's games from then on.
Journalists are consensus whores. They don't dare give a bad review to a game they hate if it has garnered too much public support.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Sekiro seems to just go "ok, we're making a game for casuls, but we're not even gonna pretend otherwise this time", which is fine by me. FROM is AAA now and expecting their games not to cater to the lowest common denominator is delusion and nothing more.

I did not plan in buying Sekiro but then I'm a sucker for exploration. Lobos was stressing the fact that the world design is like in DaS1 and I need to see this.

Also, you know what is not on Epic Store? Yeah. Sekiro.

PrettyDeadman

QNifgCA.png

PrettyDeadman

:what:

You have like 1k market transaction in the last week alone.
Is trading with Steam social crap your livelihood or what?
Yes, I am a professional steam card trader/farmer and a good one at that.
I own one steam card farm on vultr.com and it already recouped it's costs 10x times in just last week.
I am planning to earn at least 50 more dollars on this activity.
If you need your steam cards farmed I can do 24/7 farming process for just 1 dollar per month.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
After the last comments this has become the Dark souls of threads.

On the other hand. All legit customers waiting for playing the game, and a bunch of soytubers and pirates can enjoy the game one day before. Fuck this shit, I'm 33% downloading torrent now, and in 2 hours I'm playing it. I hope I can export the save game to my steam folder when the game releases.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
After the last comments this has become is the Dark souls of threads.

On the other hand. All legit customers waiting for play the game, and a bunch of soytubers and pirates can enjoy the game one day before. Fuck this shit, I'm 33% downloading torrent now, and in 2 hours I'm playing it. I hope I can export the save game to my steam folder when the game releases.

HAHA...

ha...

hmm...

I wonder if I can still into pirate. How is it done today? Still mounting iso through Daemon?

Also can I then copy my .CODEX saves into my legitimate game folder when it unlocks?

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Aparently it hasn't got even a crack. It's plug and play, when I finished downloading in 1h-2h I inform you.

EDIT:ISO, you can open with daemon

PrettyDeadman

I mean it's exactly the same size as preupload but I still hope it works. Not sure I am going to play it.
I wanted to stream the game with some beer and kfc tomorrow anyway, not sure its worth bothering with pirating just to play it coiple of hours before I can decrypt the steam version anyway.
But maybe Ill do it anyway just to keep my bots farming my account for steam cards.

Jinn

Arcane
So, um, brothers. I just launched Sekiro and am looking at the tittle screen AS WE SPEAK!

If you have pre-ordered Sekiro through Steam, as opposed to key resellers, etc, you can download the TunnelBear VPN, install, turn off steam, set your region to Japan on TunnelBear, turn steam back on, decrypt (which took 5 minutes btw), and get IN THE GAME BROTHERS!

Holy fucking shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom