Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Matador, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    Does anyone feel disappointed with Gun Fort?
    It looked awesome from outside, but on the inside it's just some lame cave.
    From should've made it into a proper location, maybe with gun prosthetic pickup and gunpowder-based environmental hazards.

• Yes Yes x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. panda Learned

panda
    Yeah, i've even seen some streamers intentionally missparry last combo hit to reset posture bar.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Primordial Ruination Educated

Primordial Ruination
    I was a little disappointed with it. From a distance, I assumed it was going to be some kind of interconnected mountain fortress, but instead it was just a small group of gunners sprawled across a few cliff sides, with some wooden fortifications and a shack at the top. I remember falling through the hole in the bridge on my first sprint attempt, conveniently grappled to safety, and then proceeded to stealth kill most of them as I made my way to the cave entrance. Just a brief sightseeing distraction with an easily avoided ranged hazard. And damn that Snake Eyes...

^ Top  
  4. Jenkem Cipher Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    they do have those traps that set off gunpowder that alerts the area

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    I have ascended
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After my 2nd platythrough, here are my favorite bosses:

The Sword Saint: fantastic arena, great moveset, very satisfying to master
    Demon of Hatred: also very fun moveset, makes good use of the grapple

Going for Ending number 3 to see some bosses I've never played before :D

• Salute Salute x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Multidirectional Arcane

Multidirectional
    Got enough carp scales to buy Floating Passage. I quite like it. 5 quick hits and quite spammable. Killed one of them purple ninjas with pretty much just that.
    Facing bit of a problem with gourd seed now, Emma won't give me the option to upgrade flasks anymore, she's just rambling on about Isshin. What should I do to be able to upgrade Gourd again?

• Yes Yes x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Nathir Learned

Nathir
    You need to give her the seed.

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Excited! x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Jasede
    The only challenge left for me is the sword saint and I'm really feeling my age. He's so fast. It's a fight unlike any other...

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Old Old x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    From's games are getting faster while we're getting older. I also felt this is their last game I was able to finish, barely. The next one will be for Korean minors only.

• Friendly x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Despair x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Multidirectional Arcane

Multidirectional
    Well.. I came to this after playing Devil May Cry 5 and that one is faster. Thing is it also doesn't have a shitty camera so it's still easier. If these faggots at least made it so you wouldn't be losing your lock-on constantly.. But nope. Combat being fast is not an issue when it isn't janky. I'm having too many deaths that don't feel like my own fault here.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    lazier. I doubt i could finish contra now on 3 lives when i could do it easily back in the day and still have time to fuck around testing stuff.

^ Top  
  12. Multidirectional Arcane

Multidirectional
    Smarter. If you don't become more self conscious about the shit you are wasting your time on as you get older - you're a goddamn retard. Maybe we could still sit in front of computer for majority of the day learning to play games perfectly. But why the fuck would we, we're not kids anymore and there's other shit to do. Games should be fun, not work. Unless you make money playing them.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Durandal Arcane

Durandal
    Arbeit macht spass!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

• Racist Racist x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Cromwell Arcane

Cromwell
    Is there a trick to make this fucking monkey do the nly attack that makes him fall down and gives me a opportunity to spear him? He just doesnt do it and everytime I try to find other openings I take way more damage in the exchange then he does because hes continuously attacking. I also found now ay to get behind him to get a few quick slices in because he turns around quickly and hits me or starts screaming.

^ Top  
  15. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Don't try to get behind her, forget about quick slices. The second phase is all about posture. Parrying her attacks shouldn't be a problem after a short learning curve, she's p. predictable. Just try to perfect-parry as much as possible and watch for those two big dick whacks, that's your only opportunity to put in some HP damage into her.

I think people have problem with the ape fight because they're trying to fight the 2nd stage the same way as the 1st - being reasonably aggressive and HP focused. That's futile. 2nd stage is almost entirely reactive, defensive fight, except for that one moment when she staggers after that heavy deflected attack. With that in mind she's one of the easiest bosses in the game.

^ Top  
  16. Cromwell Arcane

Cromwell
    But if I try to stay close how would I escape the scream. The time it takes me to get out normally is enough to kill me and if I manage I will be killed the second time because that terror shit stays a while.

^ Top  
  17. Durandal Arcane

Durandal
    The animation for when he pulls up his head to start screaming starts before the red kanji for it appears, so keep an eye on it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

^ Top  
  18. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Don't push right into her face, just kindda hang around her and bait her into attacking so her posture constantly depletes (which is happening much slower than in the 1st stage, that should be a hint for you). Escaping her screams is very easy if you're fighting defensively, not aggressively. That's the key - don't go all Leroy Jenkins on her, don't be hurrrr imma kill you byatch schwing schwing schwing. Just stand around, defend, take a few steps back if she screams or get in a spear or a few slices if you stagger her. That's all there's to it.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    ^ Top  
  19. Lord Romulus Arcane

Lord Romulus
    I know sword saint is hard and all, but not hard enough to see so many people quitting the game over it. I'm seeing a lot of people on Youtube just baiting the jumping spear overhead and hitting him once, then just running away from him for the rest of the fight and dragging out the whole fight to well over 10 minutes. It'd be so much easier to just learn to deflect, and he's so easy to mikiri while lightning reversals just destroy him.

^ Top  
  20. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    With that schtick it'd take 10 minutes just to beat one phase.

Hit-and-run is obviously much slower, dumber and less fun but it seems some people just really can't into a normal fight.

^ Top  
  21. toro Arcane

toro
    Flammable Demon is down. It took me 1 hour because I'm my worst enemy (also greedy as fuck).

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This boss fight is good but nowhere near the difficulty of Isshin. You can punish almost all of his attacks. I've become so confident in this fight that I could carry on for more.

3 times I lost at one hit. One I jumped into a fucking tree and twice I got greedy when he was doing some combo. In the end I chilled out, kept my cold blood and went for the kill.

I have to admit that is one of the better fights from the game. Nice.

Also I need a fucking bead. I killed everything and I have 3/4. One more please.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Go to where Isshin was sitting in the Castle and go downstairs in the room below him. That's the only mini-boss I missed.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    Just got to the second Owl fight. Honestly, i think it's the best fight in the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Lord Romulus Arcane

Lord Romulus
    You need 2 beads, there's 10 necklaces and max vitality/posture should be 20

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    you mean 5

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)